ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News?

The fact that you negatively react to the comment of one poster and generalize the entire fan base based on that.

It should be of note that the poster in particular is rated at #1 in the fan base as being negative, critical and overall just considered the “get off my lawn guy.”

This is the second time you’ve done this in the last month. I will say it was more than one person on the other subject, but it wasn’t the entire fan base like you try to make it.

If you’re going to be a pot stirrer, do it somewhere else.
I agree with @smalls103 on this one and see nothing wrong with his post. People can be pretty negative on this board, and he gave a perfect example of it.

A commit from a 16 and 27, what is so bad about that? If anyone thinks so, I have to be missing something too.

Hendrickson and then a recruit that is brought in. Maybe Merrills little brother.
You'd be better off letting the recruit RS and bring in another transfer to man heavy. Other than Gable, true freshmen at heavy are hit and miss. They often need an extra year in the weight room to gain the necessary strength and lose the baby fat.

I agree with @smalls103 on this one and see nothing wrong with his post. People can be pretty negative on this board, and he gave a perfect example of it.

A commit from a 16 and 27, what is so bad about that? If anyone thinks so, I have to be missing something too.
But as Chase said… literally no one agreed with him and I had already touched on Willie’s point twice

Reactions: Pennstate1985
I agree with @Pennstate1985

Unless we intend to stay with transfers… we need one in the ‘25 class.
I was just looking through the rankings and not seeing too much left out there in the Class of 25 for HWT. Class of 26 has some good recruits though. I do believe OK State had a good chance at Jim Mullin. Missed out big time when he committed to VA Tech. Or maybe Braxton Amos would be interested in his senior year at OK State.

DT is going to figure it out. This team is in good hands.

I agree with @Pennstate1985

Unless we intend to stay with transfers… we need one in the ‘25 class.
I could be wrong but I don't think any heavies are left in the 25 class that you'd want. I'd concentrate on Mocco in 2026 (#6 on the Big Board) and maybe look to a 2+ year transfer from a smaller school to bridge the gap until Mocco is ready. Not ideal but better than throwing kids out there too soon, especially at heavy. It's taken Cael 15 years to have hammers at every weight. Many years he had 2-3 soft spots in the lineup. Everyone needs to be patient. DT is working on a 5 year plan to compete for a national title.

I could be wrong but I don't think any heavies are left in the 25 class that you'd want. I'd concentrate on Mocco in 2026 (#6 on the Big Board) and maybe look to a 2+ year transfer from a smaller school to bridge the gap until Mocco is ready. Not ideal but better than throwing kids out there too soon, especially at heavy. It's taken Cael 15 years to have hammers at every weight. Many years he had 2-3 soft spots in the lineup. Everyone needs to be patient. DT is working on a 5 year plan to compete for a national title.
Well my point wasn’t unavailable. I was thinking Jude

i'd be surprised if Jude stuck with his Michigan commitment.

also, he's completely in the Merrill-Carroll boat; isn't quite a HWT (imo)
Yeah but you have time to grow him and isn’t he framier than CC or Merrill? He looked taller to me but I can’t tell through video as easily

Reactions: bwel9339
Don't forget about Coby Merrill. Also in the Class of 26 and the kid is really good!

i'd be surprised if Jude stuck with his Michigan commitment.

also, he's completely in the Merrill-Carroll boat; isn't quite a HWT (imo)
Jude is tough too. Do you think Sahakian coming in has anything to do with him maybe not wanting to stick with Michigan? The first time I seen him wrestle was at the Beast when he won his bracket as like a seven or eight seed. Seedings at the Beast can be pretty bad though!

You are correct in that nobody really knows yet how good the staff will be and time will tell so.... why have you already assigned a C grade to them? A grade of C indicates that you have already judged them to be an average staff. It's FAR too early to grade this staff.
The C grade was my thought at that moment, and it was also tied to a very high curve with the curve being Penn. St. When you said average wrestling Program the C was not based on that because the average wrestling Program in 25 doesn't get the 17th and 26th rated wrestlers in the class. The 2024 class for Penn. St left everyone including us way behind. Also the 2025 class they may get Blaze and have gotten Duke, Henkel, Desmond and Perry rated 2,8. 18 and 33. We did get a super recruit in Lockett which with the 2 new guys draws us close to Penn. St. If we are to make a move on Penn. St. the 2026 is big. Coleman was mentioned just off the top of my head because he was the much cheaper option and the moves I can see so far ( very early) him and his likely staff could have made. Coleman Scott and staff were just a side thought that came into my head when I made that post. I did post that I thought we would take second next year with the old staff. 1 year from now I could be giving DT and the staff an A with a 2nd place finish and getting Jax, Bo and Mocco or the young Merrill. Also, I love kids playing on my lawn, but I dislike 17 years of 0 team championships. I admit DT upside is tremendous and our wrestlers could be really improving in the wrestling room but I am unable to see that. Routledge and Ramirez are good additions but not additions that move us closer to Penn St. I think differently than most on this forum. But I want to give the Program an A, hopefully in the future.

Last edited:

I agree, but I disagree that it’s all of us. It was one poster. One specific poster generally has a negative take on things.

I’m actually very happy with those commits and excited to see them develop into hammers.

Hendrickson and then a recruit that is brought in. Maybe Merrills little brother.
I am hoping that all those with redshirts available use them next season with the possible exception of Thompson who might have to go 184 if Plott redshirts. Thompson could redshirt the following year as Plott would reclaim that weight. Anyway, if Hendricksen redshirts, it wouldn't be terrible if Doucet wrestles in that spot. Next year could be a building season for future success. There is always the portal after Hendricksen leaves.

Reactions: bwel9339
@smalls103 how big do you think Mocco and little Merrill will be? Are they on the shorter side like CC and big Merrill? Is that a concern at all for you?

Last edited:
Um my post was not negative at all towards the current staff or any recruits. Also a C grade is neither positive or negative by it's nature; its neutral.

Please do not include me with negative posters :)

Um my post was not negative at all towards the current staff or any recruits. Also a C grade is neither positive or negative by it's nature; its neutral.

Please do not include me with negative posters :)
“C” won’t keep you on the honors list. I a ‘TBD’ would have gone over better for you

I agree, but I disagree that it’s all of us. It was one poster. One specific poster generally has a negative take on things.

I’m actually very happy with those commits and excited to see them develop into hammers.
I did not see where he pluralized his comment. Pretty sure he said "your", singular. If it was, you'll or you all, that is towards everyone. And he was actually quite polite and just asked a question.

And yeah hopefully those two do develop into hammers for OK State. Definitely good recruits.

Hey Gargamel,

You said “yall” implying every poster on here when in fact it appears to be only one, but possibly 3?

And, in fact, won’t stir a pot here. But, your valued info is desired.
@chasepollard reread @smalls103 post. He said Y'all got these recruits. As in OK State got these recruits. It then went to "your" for the person being dobber down. Don't see your issue with this. This is petty.

y'all got a commitment from #27 and flipped #16 and it got your dobber down?

what am i missing?

Reactions: AtownPoke
He develops ANY offense and he’ll be serviceable.
Harley has not changed over the years I have followed this board and why should he as he has been right most of the time.
He just wants what all of us want and that is to be more competitive. David Taylor came in late and in my book gets a mulligan (do-over) for this year due to most of the top recruits had already committed. Next year I would expect a better recruiting class and David will have to earn his money. As I have said more than once Harley is a glass half empty and we certainly lived up to his predictions. When he posts that he is happy about where we stand I expect big things to happen.

@chasepollard reread @smalls103 post. He said Y'all got these recruits. As in OK State got these recruits. It then went to "your" for the person being dobber down. Don't see your issue with this. This is petty.

y'all got a commitment from #27 and flipped #16 and it got your dobber down?

what am i missing?
Maybe so? But he followed it up stating more than one poster. Which means he in fact didn’t intend for the your to be one person.

When you follow a y’all with your, you tie them together…to me. But hey, you see things how you want.

A post from PSU board referencing a comment made on the latest Matscout pod.

“Per Adam Fellers (Iowa wrestling alum and supporter), Slumlord was tampering with Luke.

I guess they’re a little skittish about Deluca after Desmond beat him.”

Just another data point on Ronnie Ramirez… he hung with Luke and beat Desmond and Desmond beat the jewel of Iowa’s class.

I agree. What I don’t understand is TnT not realizing Ayala wasn’t going to be a 125 much longer. You could see Drake was cutting hard from mid season on. This was a planning and recruiting failure on the part of Tom Brands, and now it is an ethical and legal issue in allowing your primary booster to actively recruit committed 125s for you.

This isn’t just a Luke Lilledahl/PSU problem. Slumlord Bob is likely in contact with Lockett. We all need to forcefully push back against these brazen attempts by Iowa to steal recruits and team members.

I agree. What I don’t understand is TnT not realizing Ayala wasn’t going to be a 125 much longer. You could see Drake was cutting hard from mid season on. This was a planning and recruiting failure on the part of Tom Brands, and now it is an ethical and legal issue in allowing your primary booster to actively recruit committed 125s for you.

This isn’t just a Luke Lilledahl/PSU problem. Slumlord Bob is likely in contact with Lockett. We all need to forcefully push back against these brazen attempts by Iowa to steal recruits and team members.
Report them to the NCAA, if that doesn’t work. Civil suits relating to the business of NIL within the rules of the “business” and bad faith.

If that doesn’t work, a precedent is set so do things on their level.

Reactions: AtownPoke

I agree with you, but the transfer portal and NIL almost makes it ok to steal or tamper with. I agree with the NIL and these kids trying to set themself up for their future. But committing and then backing out of that commit is my issue. Metcalf for example, lost a year to follow a coach that recruited him. These days, you can leave without a coaching change and not lose a year.

If donors to these schools are the ones reaching out to these kids, donors should be treated the same as someone from the school. It should be an infraction.

Man I take several days off and this board goes to shite! Jk Jk lol. So as a few have stated its to damn early to grade DT. HC has been on here a long time and I respect his posts and everyone can have an opinion. Here's mine..... I really liked the old staff but I think as long as Cael and Co are in state college, Coleman and the boys were NEVER BEATING THEM. EVER. NADA. ZIP. ZERO. Stop kidding yourself. Trophies? Sure, but championships? Not on Cael's watch.

PSU is as strong or stronger than ever depth wise. We were LUCKY to get our new staff. Need I remind you, we got David MF Taylor??!! Every other fan base would have loved to have gotten him. That includes over the Brands bros and tan Tom. So we lost CC? It sucks, but it wasnt Coach Taylors fault and if there had not been someone ear humping the guy to leave he probably would have stayed.

It's summer and we're all itching for some wrestling and to see this team under the new staff. It's easy to doubt things right now. Just a little reminder to those that have forgotten and may have never known..... Bassett was at a DT clinic once and afterwards his father told him this, "as great a wrestler as DT is, he's going to be an even better coach". That's coming from the number 1's father/coach. They don't doubt him, you probably shouldn't either.

We are much closer to 35 under Coach Taylor. Its that simple.

Yes, IMO Merrill will be great at 197, much better than at heavy. And getting another quality heavy when the time comes is not going to be a problem.

Hope everyone had a great 4th. Fartz out ✌️

Man I take several days off and this board goes to shite! Jk Jk lol. So as a few have stated its to damn early to grade DT. HC has been on here a long time and I respect his posts and everyone can have an opinion. Here's mine..... I really liked the old staff but I think as long as Cael and Co are in state college, Coleman and the boys were NEVER BEATING THEM. EVER. NADA. ZIP. ZERO. Stop kidding yourself. Trophies? Sure, but championships? Not on Cael's watch.

PSU is as strong or stronger than ever depth wise. We were LUCKY to get our new staff. Need I remind you, we got David MF Taylor??!! Every other fan base would have loved to have gotten him. That includes over the Brands bros and tan Tom. So we lost CC? It sucks, but it wasnt Coach Taylors fault and if there had not been someone ear humping the guy to leave he probably would have stayed.

It's summer and we're all itching for some wrestling and to see this team under the new staff. It's easy to doubt things right now. Just a little reminder to those that have forgotten and may have never known..... Bassett was at a DT clinic once and afterwards his father told him this, "as great a wrestler as DT is, he's going to be an even better coach". That's coming from the number 1's father/coach. They don't doubt him, you probably shouldn't either.

We are much closer to 35 under Coach Taylor. Its that simple.

Yes, IMO Merrill will be great at 197, much better than at heavy. And getting another quality heavy when the time comes is not going to be a problem.

Hope everyone had a great 4th. Fartz out ✌️
Print it out and put it on the wall!!!

I don't know the back story but people who seem to know say we aren't getting Merrill's little brother.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT