ADVERTISEMENT

Gundy comments on retirement (spoiler: no time soon)

BiloxiPoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2012
Saw this quote from B12 media days and thought I’d share in its own thread. Can’t say this surprises me but I think this is the first time he’s had a lengthy comment on this.

“If I’m fortunate enough to be in a situation to say Oklahoma State football is in great shape and this is somebody I would recommend to be the head coach here and would make me comfortable, I would like that and appreciate it,” Gundy said. “I have a lot of years and a lot of service at this place. And I would like to see it get better and better and better, and when I’m done, even better. I want to be able to go and sit in a suite and enjoy watching the game and be proud of a sold-out stadium and a premiere team on the field that has a chance to win every Saturday. That’s what I would look forward to at some point. Now when that would happen, probably gonna be a long time based on I feel good. Unless they run me off.

But it’s a good question, I never thought about [a coach-in-waiting]. But I really believe it’s so far down the line for me that I don’t have to think about it, but at some point, I would like to be able to say maybe these two guys to pick from, because Oklahoma State is a different situation. It’s a very unusual job. You have to have a little bit of history with it to really know it, in my opinion.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News