ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News?

“character and discipline” should be said of any major wrestling program. So you’re saying that he decommitted because he may want to transfer? If so, not the best mentality to have before you even step foot on campus. Wish him the best of luck though and personally think, “I wasn’t gonna start for at least 2 years” is a better look.
Maybe you misunderstood or I wasn't clear. He could have transferred from either programs if it ended up not being a good fit. Beric will not publicly comment on why he decommitted from OSU. Honest answers are not always "the best look"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Agreed. Kinda wish he didn’t go to the school down south but still I hope he has a good career there. 125 at OSU seems to be in good hands with Spratley.
Absolutely, Spratley is a stud and I believe Beric would have greatly benefited training with him and the other guys on the team. I also believe Spratley is a better fit for the Cowboys. At the end of the day, it was a win-win for everyone!

Last edited:
Maybe you misunderstood or I wasn't clear. He could have transferred from either programs if it ended up not being a good fit. Beric will not publicly comment on why he decommitted from OSU. Honest answers are not always the "the best look"
Dads today are always the problem way to involved and every parent thinks their kid is the best and wants everything given to them they all want a guarantee that their kid will be the guy. College wrestling is a process right now. Beric can’t beat. Spratly, Sam Smith, Caviness, or JJ

2025 recruiting class will be very important and Flow just came out with their 2025 recruiting class rankings. Ladarion Lockett is rated 3rd in this class and at 160, Daniel Zepeda is rated 5th and is at 138, Kody Routledge is rated 17th and is at 152, and De'Alcapon Veasey ranked 49th and is a 182. The Cortez brothers are rated 16th and 38th and wrestle 120 and 126.
Daniel Zepeda has committed to North Carolina State. He is projected to be a 141 or 149 and so he is not at a weight of need for us. It is a shame though, because he is an outstanding prospect. We need 57, 65 and 84. it appears in our future that Hughes and Sakamoto will compete for 33 with the loser having to compete for 41. On 1 entry where I projected our lineup 2 years from now, I thought with not much basis that Sakamoto would win forcing Hughes to 41 beating Jamison. Redshirting Sakamoto makes sense next year.

Dads today are always the problem way to involved and every parent thinks their kid is the best and wants everything given to them they all want a guarantee that their kid will be the guy. College wrestling is a process right now. Beric can’t beat. Spratly, Sam Smith, Caviness, or JJ
Wow, OSU must really be pleased they have so much talent at that weight. Like I said earlier, the 16th ranked overall recruit in the class of 2024 flipping to OU was a Win-Win for everyone.😊

Last edited:
Wow, OSU must really be pleased they have so much talent at that weight. Like I said earlier, the 16th ranked overall recruit in the class of 2024 flipping to OU was a Win-Win for everyone.😊
Who has Beric ranked 16 P4P? Flo has him 3rd at his weight with two juniors ahead of him and unranked in the P4P that goes to 30.

You realize ou has lost like 75 straight matches to Osu? They’re program is a joke & nobody Osu wants will go there willlingly.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Who has Beric ranked 16 P4P? Flo has him 3rd at his weight with two juniors ahead of him and unranked in the P4P that goes to 30.
Jordan is rated 16th in the class of 2024. I think it is a win for both teams with his decommitment from the Cowboys and committing to the Sooners. I think when we got Spratley this was a good move for both teams. Maybe opened up money to help us get the recruits that we finished with this year.

Jordan is rated 16th in the class of 2024. I think it is a win for both teams with his decommitment from the Cowboys and committing to the Sooners. I think when we got Spratley this was a good move for both teams. Maybe opened up money to help us get the recruits that we finished with this year.
Exactly! The only reason Beric gave me permission to share he took an unofficial visit with a top #5 school before Spratley committed to OSU, was due to speculation he only decommitted to avoid competition in the room. The top #5 school that offered Beric a full ride + some, was not his only unofficial visit he took after verbally committing to OSU.

Beric is a good kid and learned a lot about OSU over the last 15 months living in Stillwater and decided it would be best to move on.

Beric will not compete for a starting spot for another 2 years and I have little doubt Spratley is going to have a great career. Win Win!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheJimReaper
Yeah, I’m asking who has Beric ranked 16th P4P, because Flo doesn’t have him in their top 30.

Reactions: driad
Jesus Christ, tell me how I’m confused then. What wrestling recruiting service has Beric ranked 16?
You originally asked the wrong question and didn't see the mistake after rereading your post. I thought maybe after reading Harleycowboy's post, you would have realized your mistake. I give up and will not comment again😊

Jesus Christ, tell me how I’m confused then. What wrestling recruiting service has Beric ranked 16?
Flowrestling has Beric Jordan ranked as the 16th best prospect in the class of 2024. He is unranked in the P4P ranking which is ranking of the 30 best wrestlers period. Regardless of weight class or graduating class.

Reactions: Toadvine
What is the reason why he won’t compete for a starting spot for 2 years?
Finishing high school and skill development. The kid made a run to the Fargo finals in the toughest bracket with no Cadet and only one Junior freestyle tournament(OK USA State)under his belt. His work ethic is off the charts and they are in no hurry.

Finishing high school and skill development. The kid made a run to the Fargo finals in the toughest bracket with no Cadet and only one Junior freestyle tournament(OK USA State)under his belt. His work ethic is off the charts and they are in no hurry.
Thanks. I was thinking 2 years once he started college. I wasn’t thinking 2 years from today. Best of luck to him. Sounds like you are proud of him.

Thanks. I was thinking 2 years once he started college. I wasn’t thinking 2 years from today. Best of luck to him. Sounds like you are proud of him.
He's an easy kid to like. Quiet, works hard and willing to work with any kid at club regardless of age or skill level.

Never been a big fan of Flo's rankings but this year they seem to be even more whack than normal.

Kaden Purler
Beau Hickman
Ethan Teague

(3) LaDarion Lockett (160)
(16) Isaiah Cortez (120)
(38) Elijah Cortez (126)
(49) De'Alcapon Veazy (182)
Ishmael Guerrero
Vince Bouzakis
Kollin Rath
William Henckel
Claudio Torres

Jax Forrest
Bo Bassett
Michael Mocco
(37) Travis Grace
(38) Joseph Jeter

Ignacio Villasenor

Kaden Purler
Beau Hickman
Ethan Teague

(3) LaDarion Lockett (160)
(16) Isaiah Cortez (120)
(38) Elijah Cortez (126)
(49) De'Alcapon Veazy (182)
Ishmael Guerrero
Vince Bouzakis
Kollin Rath
William Henckel
Claudio Torres

Jax Forrest
Bo Bassett
Michael Mocco
(37) Travis Grace
(38) Joseph Jeter

Ignacio Villasenor
Guerrero took 1st at 157 at the Bob Smith Open.

Reactions: osu2082 and JAY45
Is Guerrero in the room coaching? Ishmael is really coming on, also Sam Smith had a pretty good Bob Smith looks better still has a ways to go.

Guerrero took 1st at 157 at the Bob Smith Open.
Guerrero has now won two opens. The competition at this tournament was better than the first. I can't imagine he won't be included in the updated top-100 rankings. Shouldn't assume he will end up at OSU, but he fits into the window of need in the next class. I have not heard of him taking any visits.
Is Guerrero in the room coaching? Ishmael is really coming on, also Sam Smith had a pretty good Bob Smith looks better still has a ways to go.
Sam showed some quickness and good footwork. In the matches I watched, he created angles to score really well.

Is Guerrero in the room coaching?
Yes, Eric is one of the Cowboy RTC coaches

Guerrero has now won two opens. The competition at this tournament was better than the first. I can't imagine he won't be included in the updated top-100 rankings. Shouldn't assume he will end up at OSU, but he fits into the window of need in the next class. I have not heard of him taking any visits.
Think he may have taken a visit...saw a picture of him in a singlet. Might have been the same weekend as Lockett & Veazy, but not sure on that...

Also got a chance to talk to Ladarion and JJ during our dual with them. Really good kids to talk to. Lockett said he enjoyed his visit to LR. I got the feel it’s between us and The Iowa Schools the most.

JJ said he can’t wait to get to OSU, said he will potentially have a wrestle off with Witcraft for the 133 spot.

I wished them the best of luck and couldn’t wait to see them in Orange and black.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT