ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News?

Does Ou not have a wrestling board for you?
He isn’t lying Lockett wants that Bag of cash 💵 I don’t blame them get what you can cause you are a ACL INJURY AWAY from being less valuable . He loves OSU but it’s a business and
I’m sure he is just making sure he maximizes his worth with OSU on nil. I still think he comes to OSU

He isn’t lying Lockett wants that Bag of cash 💵 I don’t blame them get what you can cause you are a ACL INJURY AWAY from being less valuable . He loves OSU but it’s a business and
I’m sure he is just making sure he maximizes his worth with OSU on nil. I still think he comes to OSU
Yes

Reactions: vhsalum
Lol. Guess I’m kinda trolling. Just wanted to needle Blair a bit. He’s clearly in the know and this Lockett situation is one worth watching. My money is on him staying home - but Tom has more money, so this is a thing.
You sure?

Rin Sakamoto will likely compete in the Emperor's Cup All Japan Championship @ 65 KG in a couple of weeks. It's part of the Olympic qualification process.

Excerpt from the article...

In each of the men’s styles, Japan secured two Olympic berths with medal-winning performances in Serbia — at 57kg and 74kg in freestyle and 60kg and 77kg in Greco.

The most noticeable weight class of the eight still up for grabs is freestyle 65kg, in which Olympic champion Takuto OTOGURO is back at the starting line after coming up empty in Serbia as he battled a foot injury. His competition at the Emperor’s Cup will likely come from Asian Games 57kg champion Toshihiro HASEGAWA and 18-year-old high schooler Rin SAKAMOTO, the 61kg champion at the Meiji Cup last June.

Rin Sakamoto will likely compete in the Emperor's Cup All Japan Championship @ 65 KG in a couple of weeks. It's part of the Olympic qualification process.

Excerpt from the article...

In each of the men’s styles, Japan secured two Olympic berths with medal-winning performances in Serbia — at 57kg and 74kg in freestyle and 60kg and 77kg in Greco.

The most noticeable weight class of the eight still up for grabs is freestyle 65kg, in which Olympic champion Takuto OTOGURO is back at the starting line after coming up empty in Serbia as he battled a foot injury. His competition at the Emperor’s Cup will likely come from Asian Games 57kg champion Toshihiro HASEGAWA and 18-year-old high schooler Rin SAKAMOTO, the 61kg champion at the Meiji Cup last June.
That sounds like Sakamoto might be a 141 instead of a 133 which is not good if Hughes is also a 141.

Imagine competing in the Olympics fresh outta HS before ever stepping foot on a college campus.

In other news y’all got me twisted about this Lockett Iowa BS. Does anyone know when he’s expected to make an announcement?

Reactions: tom_v31
That sounds like Sakamoto might be a 141 instead of a 133 which is not good if Hughes is also a 141.
Harley, FYI, 57 KG is not being contested at the Emperor's Cup because Rei Higuchi won silver at Worlds (lost to Micic in the finals).

Another snippet from the article...

As expected, none of the nine wrestlers who have already qualified for the 2024 Paris Olympics by winning a medal at the World Championships last September in Serbia are entered.

Harley, FYI, 57 KG is not being contested at the Emperor's Cup because Rei Higuchi won silver at Worlds (lost to Micic in the finals).

Another snippet from the article...

As expected, none of the nine wrestlers who have already qualified for the 2024 Paris Olympics by winning a medal at the World Championships last September in Serbia are entered.
It is still terrible that at the Olympics there are only 6 weight classes for wrestling. I forgot as Blair indicated that Sakamoto can't wrestle 61.

With the new 3 pt takedown he should have an easier transition to folk as his mat wrestling won’t have to be as important for winning matches. Still should be good with turns. Biggest hurdle obviously will be getting off bottom.
Agree completely, can point to Echemendia and Bastida for Iowa State, both Freestyle guys with no folkstyle experience that are now in the AA category IMO. Dresser speaking on Bastida said biggest hurdle at first was he didn't know any english at all, so hard to communicate. I have no idea if Sakamoto knows english, but you'd think coming from Japan, he'd have a better grip on English than guys from Cuba.

Reactions: JAY45 and bwel9339
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT