ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News?

Finally got Lee to respond to my private message. He says Gable Stevenson was on campus last weekend just to confirm he wants to spend his last year here. Lee says things went great & expect an announcement soon.
I'm finding it difficult to translate the assumed sarcasm vs. truth in this report.

Just got some bad news from my friend 2082, seems Gable went to the football game on his visit Saturday. Gable was so upset about that clusterfxck, that he decommitted right there. So the poison of KC Dunn has now infected the wrestling program.

I think you should know that osu2082 is actually Bruce Baumgartner. So be careful

quote-never-have-a-battle-of-wits-with-an-unarmed-person-mark-twain-49-23-10.jpg

Reactions: tom_v31 and driad
Bad news Penn. St. got the number 1 2025 recruit PJ Duke projected at 157. Sure, would be nice to get some good news with recruiting.
Levi Haines will be a senior his freshman year I believe so there shouldnā€™t be any log jam issues, unless Iā€™m forgetting another top recruit or transfer. It gets confusing with them.

I think the portal makes recruiting out of high school less important. I remember in the early 2000's it looked like we would never be stopped, then Friskhorn's health issues and a couple of washouts and there you go.

We do need to get someone like Merrill because our 2024 class is sad. Otherwise we need to get from the portal. As has been mentioned 2025 is very important if we are to be a challenger especially getting our Oklahoma potential star, Lockett. Our focus should be top high school recruits and then portal to fill in needs.
I saw Ladarion Lockett visited Iowa this weekend with a bunch of other big recruits. There will be a lot of competition for Lockett.

Maybe because he won a world championship at Stillwater?
Yes he won a World Cadet title. Senior level wrestling may be a little different and there's a room full of senior level World and Olympic Champions waiting for him at Penn State. I'm not saying I want him to leave OK but he's a special talent and deserves the best training partners.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT