ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News?

So just to confirm, it’s an international guy that’s coming and not a HS recruit?

Does what he’s accomplished mean he will be national champ or all American potential?
I think all you take out of it is the kid has talent/skill. Will that transfer to folkstyle is unknown. The 3 point takedown def helps this situation I would think though.

Reactions: driad
Hopefully more of his background than what I can find will come out, for interests' sake. He won the Meiji All-Japan Cup which appears to be one of Japan's toughest domestic tournaments. He was only the second high schooler to ever win the tournament. He lost in the finals of Japan's Senior World Team Trials. He placed 7th at the at the U20 World Championships losing in the quarterfinals. The Macedonian that he lost to lost to Nic Bouzakis in the bronze medal match. It seems as if he is 2 years or more younger than Bouzakis.

I’m excited about this one cause Japanese wrestlers are usually very very hard working and detailed . Could also open new doors for us over there to get some really good guys . He has a great gas tank and looks quick.

I’m excited about this one cause Japanese wrestlers are usually very very hard working and detailed . Could also open new doors for us over there to get some really good guys . He has a great gas tank and looks quick.
We do have a good history of getting Japanese wrestlers who were standouts although many decades ago (Uetake, Fugita and 2 Hatta brothers) who were all National Champs. Uetake of course was a 3 time NCAA champ and a time Olympic Champ who is considered if not the greatest for sure one of the best wrestlers ever.

Very cool deal.I think his work ethic will rub off on the other guys.They seem to be hungry and a lot would LOVE to get to the states.

Quick reset on potential Targets moving forward...What looks right and what is missing?

Cody Merrill
Oscar Williams
Layton Schneider
Gage Walker

LaDarion Lockett
Daniel Cepeda
Isaiah & Elijah Cortez

Jax Forrest
Bo Bassett

Quick reset on potential Targets moving forward...What looks right and what is missing?

Cody Merrill
Oscar Williams
Layton Schneider
Gage Walker

LaDarion Lockett
Daniel Cepeda
Isaiah & Elijah Cortez

Jax Forrest
Bo Bassett
Williams, Schneider & Walker have all committed. Cepeda & the Cortez twins don't appear to be at big need weights. Michael Mocco is also in the '26 class.

Merrill @ 197 is a massive need. Then 157 & 165. There are several available in the '25 class - Bouzakis, Rath, Henckel, Torres, Routledge (someone said he's unlikely though). Lockett is probably a 174, maybe 165.

Reactions: DPJ and JAY45
Updated:

Cody Merrill

LaDarion Lockett
Vince Bouzakis
Kollin Rath
William Henckel
Claudio (?) Torres
Kody Routledge

Daniel Cepeda (?)
Isaiah & Elijah Cortez (?)

Jax Forrest
Bo Bassett
Michael Mocco

Must get recruits who have known connections.

Cody Merrill (would be really nice to get some news on this)

Ladarion Lockett
Kody Routledge -Definitely will fill a need at 157/165

*I don't see us getting Kollin Rath or Will Henckel and I'm just guessing Vince Bouzakis will likely follow his brother to Ohio St. Also, Routledge is probably going to be around the same projected weight at Bouzakis, but is he OU bound???

Jax Forrest
Bo Bassett
Michael Mocco

These are just guys who we have all discussed on here who have connections to the program and we are in the running for. But everyone chime in and add to the list!

Reactions: JAY45
I would keep an eye on Ignacio Villasenor (27) from Colorado. He was a member of the world team. Them and Locketts seem pretty close. He had a legit shot at winning super 32 but was injured in the quarterfinals I think

I would keep an eye on Ignacio Villasenor (27) from Colorado. He was a member of the world team. Them and Locketts seem pretty close. He had a legit shot at winning super 32 but was injured in the quarterfinals I think
Somebody on here mentioned we were likely to land Villasenor, maybe Blair?

Somebody on here mentioned we were likely to land Villasenor, maybe Blair?
Yes, it was Blair.

Zo cornered Villasenor at the cadet trials & worlds. After Villasenor won bronze, he gave Zo a shout-out. Said he thinks of him like an uncle.

Reactions: DPJ
J.J. McComas
Rin Sakamoto

Cody Merrill

Kaden Purler

LaDarion Lockett
Vince Bouzakis
Kollin Rath
William Henckel
Claudio (?) Torres
Kody Routledge

Daniel Cepeda (?)
Isaiah & Elijah Cortez (?)

Jax Forrest
Bo Bassett
Michael Mocco

Ignacio Villasenor

Last edited:

Cody Merrill
Oscar Williams
Layton Schneider
Gage Walker

LaDarion Lockett
Daniel Cepeda
Isaiah & Elijah Cortez

Jax Forrest
Bo Bassett
2024 Merrill 2025lockett 2026 Forrest. That’s it in high school big recruits Maybe Raynes The rest needs to be portal guys they will get some fill in cheap high school guys

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT