ADVERTISEMENT

Pennsylvania Election Official Warns MIdterm Election Results Will Take Days

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

Every state in the nation can count their votes in a few hours after the polls close but Pennsylvania needs days? Yea that doesn't even come close to passing the smell test. How anyone can think that is acceptable is beyond me.

Every state in the nation can count their votes in a few hours after the polls close but Pennsylvania needs days? Yea that doesn't even come close to passing the smell test. How anyone can think that is acceptable is beyond me.
Fetterman will be the one doing the counting. Considering his condition it maytake weeks or even months. Or maybe it will never get counted. PA will just be without a senator, which the Democrats would prefer over letting a Republican take the seat.

Reactions: colcord

You apparently don't understand the difference between media projections and official results. You also fail to acknowledge the differing state laws related to this issue.

Aren't you a big supporter of states' rights though?

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
You apparently don't understand the difference between media projections and official results. You also fail to acknowledge the differing state laws related to this issue.

Don’t you love it, @2012Bearcat, when Cliff corrects your stupidity? Thank God he understands everything and corrects you with such politeness.

I'm a huge believer in states rights, I'm also a huge believer in calling BS when I see it. It's bullshit that Pennsylvania can not count it's ballots like every other state in the nation.

I'm a huge believer in states rights, I'm also a huge believer in calling BS when I see it. It's bullshit that Pennsylvania can not count it's ballots like every other state in the nation.
But Pennsylvania does process and count their ballots similar to how some other states do. For example, as it relates to early ballots, PA processes them like 8 other states do. They count those ballots like 22 other states do.

Not all states process and count their ballots the same way. Again, there are different state laws regarding this.

Since you apparently don't like this, are you proposing more federal control over election administration?

But Pennsylvania does process and count their ballots similar to how some other states do. For example, as it relates to early ballots, PA processes them like 8 other states do. They count those ballots like 22 other states do.

Not all states process and count their ballots the same way. Again, there are different state laws regarding this.

Since you apparently don't like this, are you proposing more federal control over election administration?
If they can't call an election by at least the morning after an election they are not like any other state. You can try to justify it any way you like but the fact remains every other state can call an election by the next morning, Pennsylvania says it might not be able to for days. That's an obvious problem.
No I'm not advocating for federal control over elections.

If they can't call an election by at least the morning after an election they are not like any other state.
And now you are back to the first point I raised. The difference between media projections ("calling an election") and official results. You do know the difference don't you?

You can try to justify it any way you like but the fact remains every other state can call an election by the next morning,
No, all states don't. All states do not always have the media making a projection by the next morning nor do all states have official results ready by the next morning.

No I'm not advocating for federal control over elections.
Then stop complaining about the current state of affairs. You are getting the consequences of a system you support.

And now you are back to the first point I raised. The difference between media projections ("calling an election") and official results. You do know the difference don't you?

No, all states don't. All states do not always have the media making a projection by the next morning nor do all states have official results ready by the next morning.

Then stop complaining about the current state of affairs. You are getting the consequences of a system you support.
Just be truthful and say you don't have a problem with it because it's Democrats.

Here is what the situation was like in 2020. I'm sure some states have changed their laws, but this should be relatively correct for this year. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-results-timing/#

The primary delay appears to be based on when states can begin processing absentee ballots. Pennsylvania does not allow it prior to 7 AM on election day which is also when they can begin counting them. Florida, who should be a model for all states, allows processing upon receipt and counting "Upon the completion of the public testing of automatic tabulating equipment (which begins not more than 25 days before early voting commences). Releasing the results early is a felony." Comparing this list to the 538 graphic, it looks like most of the issue is related to when you can deal with absentee ballots and then some states let absentee ballots come in for far too long (November 20 for CA!) https://www.ncsl.org/research/elect...ballot-processing-and-counting-can-begin.aspx

There are lots of states that take a long time to count ballots, California and New York being particularly egregious. Pennsylvania is unique in taking a while and also having close state wide races. They should reform their law to allow for early processing of absentee ballots. There were some attempts to do so in 2020 but the Republican legislature and Democratic governor could not agree on some other voting related issues and so nothing was done. It appears nothing has been done still.

Reactions: davidallen
Just be truthful and say you don't have a problem with it because it's Democrats.
It has nothing to do with Democrats and Republicans. You are acting like Pennsylvania is somehow unique in how they process and count their ballots, when it isn't. And you are complaining about a consequence of a system you support. You are making no sense whatsoever, as usual.

btw, I support more federal control over our elections. When you grow tired of hypocritically complaining about our current system and actually want to do something about fixing it, let me know.

It has nothing to do with Democrats and Republicans. You are acting like Pennsylvania is somehow unique, when it isn't. And you are complaining about a consequence of a system you support. You are making no sense whatsoever, as usual.

btw, I support more federal control over our elections. When you grow tired of hypocritically complaining about our current system and actually want to do something about fixing it, let me know.
Yea it doesn't surprise me you are an anti Constitution kind of guy.

Yea it doesn't surprise me you are an anti Constitution kind of guy.
Not anti-Constitution at all.

Again, when you grow tired of hypocritically complaining about our current system and actually want to do something about fixing it, let me know.

Thanks for this link.

@2012Bearcat, you should read it.

There are lots of states that take a long time to count ballots
Pennsylvania is unique in taking a while and also having close state wide races
Exactly.

Pennsylvania is a swing state. But how Pennsylvania counts ballots is similar to some other states.

Last edited:
49 other states can all call their elections but Pennsylvania can't because they are like all the other states. SMFH
What are you talking about? All the other 49 states do not always have official results by the next morning nor do we always have media projections the next morning for every election in the other 49 states.

Your assertion is just flat out wrong.

Reactions: davidallen
State legislatures adjust and make a state's election laws, so says our constitution. The PA legislature did not approve the vote harvesting scheme PA used to award a win to Brandon after a decisive Trump Election Day win. The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled the scheme illegal.

Brandon is illegitimate. We are paying dearly.

I'm a firm believer of keeping the demented, incompetent and incontinent from dictating our country's interests. Shit britches handlers should be hung imo.

Reactions: colcord
Reactions: my_2cents
colcord gets it. I recommend Rigged by Mollie Hemingway and the documentary film 2000 Mules. There's nothing hard here. This is not classical mechanics.

Trump upped his vote total to an incumbent record, thanks to Biden promises. Biden is keeping his promises. The US average IQ is 98, not low enough to produce 81 million stupid enough to vote for this nightmare. The book 2000 Mules is just out.

Biden is illegitimate.

As the board knows, I have the test questions to measure one's ability to reason. We needn't bother. The board's majority knows scoring order of this thread's participants.
Since you love to talk about answering questions, why don't you actually try answering a question for once.

Again, what else does the Constitution say about this topic that you didn't include in your original post?

It says Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations
Exactly.

So how can one be anti-Constitution when one agrees with what the Constitution says on this topic?

Then add the 17th amendment which IMO should be repealed.
Never going to happen.

Americans should directly elect their political representatives. We don't need to return to the smoke-filled rooms where politicians had more power over who was a Senator than the people did.

Exactly.

So how can one be anti-Constitution when one agrees with what the Constitution says on this topic?

Never going to happen.

Americans should directly elect their political representatives. We don't need to return to the smoke-filled rooms where politicians had more power over who was a Senator than the people did.
I know it may shock you but I disagree. The people would have more power electing their Senators if each states legislature elected those Senators. Would make electing state representatives that much more important. They would also receive substantially better representation than Senator beholding to campaign donors. Look at where these Senate candidates are getting their campaign donations. Just a hint, it's not from within the state it's from outside the state. How is that better for the people of the state?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT