ADVERTISEMENT

Now I Have A Reason To Vote In The General

Does this hurt the d’s worse or the r’s?
At first blush one might think it will hurt Biden the most. But there are enough people who would have held their noses and voted for Trump because he was their only option, but also don't think they can tolerate another four years of Trump, so they finally have someone they can vote for with enthusiasm. I think it will be a wash. But probably whoever wins will not get 50% plus 1 of the vote. Cornel West is a much greater threat to Biden than Jr, IMO.

That’s 1 enthusiastic JFK Jr. voter on board. 80,999,999 to go.
I harbor no illusions about his chance of victory. I’m pleased that I can tell the uniparty I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it any more. Let’s assume it becomes a four way race; Biden, Trump, Kennedy and West. And Trump gets the most votes but it’s only, say, 44%. Do you think he will govern like he thinks he got a huge mandate, or will he recognize most of the people wanted someone else?

I think RFK Jr has the genetics from Ted Kennedy not his Dad or Uncle JFK. His beloved Dim Party has rejected him as has most of his Family. Hell JFK and RFK could be running in todays Dim Party and we would see the same. His Dad and Uncle fought Communism, how Ironic their Party is now full of Communists.
America the Stupid. SBI no way the avg IQ of Americans is as high as you say, no way.

I think RFK Jr has the genetics from Ted Kennedy not his Dad or Uncle JFK. His beloved Dim Party has rejected him as has most of his Family. Hell JFK and RFK could be running in todays Dim Party and we would see the same. His Dad and Uncle fought Communism, how Ironic their Party is now full of Communists.
America the Stupid. SBI no way the avg IQ of Americans is as high as you say, no way.
At your age you should know better than to compare Jr to Teddy and not his father. Jr’s position on issues is almost a carbon copy of his dad’s. The party has rejected him because it has gotten light years away from either JFK or RFK, it is not the traditional liberal party of any one of the three. There are no appropriate words to describe why much of his family has rejected his political values. The only explanation I can come up with is they are so desperate to remain Democrat Party royalty they will turn their backs on both JFK and RFK.

At your age you should know better than to compare Jr to Teddy and not his father. Jr’s position on issues is almost a carbon copy of his dad’s. The party has rejected him because it has gotten light years away from either JFK or RFK, it is not the traditional liberal party of any one of the three. There are no appropriate words to describe why much of his family has rejected his political values. The only explanation I can come up with is they are so desperate to remain Democrat Party royalty they will turn their backs on both JFK and RFK.
Yer love of the Kennedy's Dan lends to question why you don't vote my man. Why is this?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Better late than never I suppose. 👍
There’s no point in voting when your options are people you find reprehensible. I disagree with Jr on a lot of issues, but the one issue on which I agree with him, the issue of war and peace, is more important to me than almost every other issue combined. Whether he would succeed in ending the NeoCon reign of terror I don’t know. If he looked like he might he would probably suffer the same fate as his uncle and father. But I do believe he will make it a top priority of his administration and do everything he can to make this a more peaceful world. I think it would be cool if he named Tulsi Gabbard as his running mate.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
RFK Jr is a complete 180 from Donald Trump. He won't have any perceptible impact on Trump's vote totals. He is an interesting guy and I agree with him on several issues but 80% percent of his positions are the standard uber liberal nonsense.
You make a good point and you may be right. But there may be a percentage of people who don’t want to vote for Trump but would have voted for him as an anti-Biden protest, and now see they can cast their protest vote for someone they find preferable to DJT. That percentage may be small, and it may be non-existent as far as I know, but if it exists it may be enough to sway the winner one way or another.

You make a good point and you may be right. But there may be a percentage of people who don’t want to vote for Trump but would have voted for him as an anti-Biden protest, and now see they can cast their protest vote for someone they find preferable to DJT. That percentage may be small, and it may be non-existent as far as I know, but if it exists it may be enough to sway the winner one way or another.
Oh, let me add: because of that possibility I expect to see Republicans attack Jr with the same venom as the Democrats. They can’t take the chance. I’m glad he has thick skin because he’s going to experience incoming fire from every direction, as if he hasn’t already. Joe Rogan told his millions of viewers he’ll vote for Kennedy. I wonder if he’ll break tradition and actively campaign for him.

• Haha
At his age he should know its a waste of time and money, he can't win.
I know thats why his Party has rejected him, thats why I said his Dad and Uncle fought Communists but now their Party is full of them.

Jr’s position on issues is almost a carbon copy of his dad’s. The party has rejected him because it has gotten light years away from either JFK or RFK, it is not the traditional liberal party of any one of the three. There are no appropriate words to describe why much of his family has rejected his political values. The only explanation I can come up with is they are so desperate to remain Democrat Party royalty they will turn their backs on both JFK and RFK.
🙄

The reason the Kennedy family has rejected Jr. is exactly because Jr is nothing like JFK or RFK. Jr. is no where close to a carbon copy of RFK (what RFK became) and anyone who seriously believes that Jr. is just like RFK is either a flat out idiot who knows nothing about politics or someone who just enjoys deceiving others.

The Democratic Party has also not gotten light years away from either JFK or RFK. Indeed, the liberalism that RFK came to embrace and represent helped moved the Democratic Party to what it is today. The Democratic Party is what it is today thanks to men like RFK.

RFK, and JFK, would still very much be at home in today's Democratic Party, a party they helped to mold. Just as their family is. The only one not at home is Jr. And that is because of the political positions Jr. is now taking and the political chiselers he is choosing to listen to.

Last edited:
  • Haha
His Dad and Uncle fought Communism, how Ironic their Party is now full of Communists.
Can you yet define want communism is? lol

I continue to get a good laugh out of this nonsense from you. As I have already shown you, your ilk back in the 1960s claimed JFK was soft on communism and attacked him for being a communist too. Just as they did RFK and other liberal Democrats. And just as you do Democrats today.

Nothing has changed.

• Haha
🙄

The reason the Kennedy family has rejected Jr. is exactly because Jr is nothing like JFK or RFK. Jr. is no where close to a carbon copy of RFK (what RFK became) and anyone who seriously believes that Jr. is just like RFK is either a flat out idiot who knows nothing about politics or someone who just enjoys deceiving others.

The Democratic Party has also not gotten light years away from either JFK or RFK. Indeed, the liberalism that RFK came to embrace and represent helped moved the Democratic Party to what it is today. The Democratic Party is what it is today thanks to men like RFK.

RFK, and JFK, would still very much be at home in today's Democratic Party, a party they helped to mold. Just as their family is. The only one not at home is Jr. And that is because of the political positions Jr. is now taking and the political chiselers he is choosing to listen to.

"Today, if a Democrat advocated the positions on race, taxes, foreign policy, guns and abortion that our 35th president once did, he wouldn’t be a Democrat. He’d belong to that other party."

"Today, if a Democrat advocated the positions on race, taxes, foreign policy, guns and abortion that our 35th president once did, he wouldn’t be a Democrat. He’d belong to that other party."
Thanks for the quote but the quote is wrong and misleading (as is the whole article). Just because you read it on PragerU doesn't mean it is automatically true. You do know this, correct?

For example, taxes. What was the tax rate JFK found acceptable for the highest tax bracket? Explain how his position on this would make him a Republican today and not a Democrat.

Also, are Democrats like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama all of a sudden not Democrats but Republicans because they embraced tax cuts too?

Come on 22LR, think a little bit, instead of being so easily fooled.

• Haha
At his age he should know its a waste of time and money, he can't win.
I know thats why his Party has rejected him, thats why I said his Dad and Uncle fought Communists but now their Party is full of them.
Yeah, I was objecting to your comparing him to Teddy. I’m sure he knows he won’t win but feels an obligation to remind people that liberal values differ drastically from what the Democrats have become. He’s doing what he can to preserve those old-fashioned liberal values.

Thanks for the quote but the quote is wrong and misleading (as is the whole article). Just because you read it on PragerU doesn't mean it is automatically true. You do know this, correct?

For example, taxes. What was the tax rate JFK found acceptable for the highest tax bracket? Explain how his position on this would make him a Republican today and not a Democrat.

Also, are Democrats like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama all of a sudden not Democrats but Republicans because they embraced tax cuts too?

Come on 22LR, think a little bit, instead of being so easily fooled.

Imagine... modern-day conservatives and right-leaning moderates voting for JFK, the Democrat, based on his "race, taxes, foreign policy, guns and abortion" stances. Democrats would totally freak out, and have him assassinated or something.

Since he is being funded by the big money Republicans I would think he helps Trump more.

Since he is being funded by the big money Republicans I would think he helps Trump more.
That Republican websites are worrying about his impact on Trump’s vote totals are as loud as the worry from the Democrats suggests to me it may be a wash. I think mainly both sides recognize which ever side “wins” it will be by plurality, not majority. That will make it harder for them to declare they have a mandate to ram their policies down our throats, regardless of who the winner would be. That would be untenable, they may have to compromise with each other. The best option, of course, would be if Kennedy actually won or at least got enough votes to give him leverage to force the winner to put the NeoCon war hawks on the back burner.

Can you yet define want communism is? lol

I continue to get a good laugh out of this nonsense from you. As I have already shown you, your ilk back in the 1960s claimed JFK was soft on communism and attacked him for being a communist too. Just as they did RFK and other liberal Democrats. And just as you do Democrats today.

Nothing has changed.

Whatever Commie. Your ilk killed both of them.

Imagine... modern-day conservatives and right-leaning moderates voting for JFK, the Democrat, based on his "race, taxes, foreign policy, guns and abortion" stances. Democrats would totally freak out, and have him assassinated or something.
I understand you are confused right now, but perhaps with your next post on this thread, could you try to make some actual sense? Or maybe even a valid legitimate point?

Good luck.

No doubt Jr. is being funded by and is listening to Republican sources. Republican chiselers who think they can fool enough Democrats/liberals/left-leaning moderates into voting for the pawn just because his last name is Kennedy.

Rather they are successful or not is yet to be determined though. I'm observing many Democrats who were at first open to Jr. simply because of his last name quickly waking up to what is behind the Jr. candidacy. Lot of political hostility now being directed at him by those individuals, and rightfully so. Jr. should be ashamed of himself and what he is doing not only to himself, but his own family.

And his talk of running as an "independent" is only going to help more Democrats/liberals/left-leaning moderates see through his deception. At least I think so and hope so because in the end, I trust a majority of American voters to recognize the fakes for what they are.

But it definitely is a good political ploy Jr.'s Republican/conservative puppeteers are playing. I'll give them that.

Last edited:
That Republican websites are worrying about his impact on Trump’s vote totals are as loud as the worry from the Democrats suggests to me it may be a wash. I think mainly both sides recognize which ever side “wins” it will be by plurality, not majority. That will make it harder for them to declare they have a mandate to ram their policies down our throats, regardless of who the winner would be. That would be untenable, they may have to compromise with each other. The best option, of course, would be if Kennedy actually won or at least got enough votes to give him leverage to force the winner to put the NeoCon war hawks on the back burner.
Interesting you didn't disagree with who is funding Jr.

Says a lot.

to force the winner to put the NeoCon war hawks on the back burner.
Do you believe Putin has a lot in common with the American "neocon war hawks" you love to decry on this board?

Whatever Commie. Your ilk killed both of them.
Seriously, got a definition for communism yet or no?🤣🤣

Another question for you that you won't answer. If JFK or RFK was alive today and President, would either be tough with Putin and standing in opposition to his illegal invasion of a sovereign democratic country? Tough as you (now) claim they were in fighting communism or soft like Jr. wants to be with Putin?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT