ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby, Jr., I Feel Betrayed

What a really stupid article on the matter. Some really damning tropes in there as well.
There’s nothing stupid in what he says. If Jr is going to claim he wants violence, bloodshed and war to end then he should stand steadfast against violence, bloodshed and war regardless of the participant.

What a crock of shit. Ignoring the horrific and brutally inhuman actions of Hamas on October 7th makes this guy look like an idiot of epic proportions.
I’m surprised you read the article considering you have steadfastly refused to read my links in the past but still felt compelled to comment on what you thought they said. This article is about the brutal and inhumane reactions by the Israeli government, many of which are internationally declared war crimes, and the fact that RFK, Jr., who has championed himself as a voice for peace and reason, picked a side and dismissed the brutal and inhumane reactions as essential. The author recognizes the betrayal. So no, the article is not the crock you want it to be. Actually, since you are on record as being in full support of killing as many innocent Palestinians as necessary in order to extinguish Hamas from the face of the earth, even if it means killing every single Palestinian there is, you should find Jr’s advocacy to be very attractive.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Propaganda or Truth, Dan?

Anecdotal, which makes it propaganda. But that doesn’t make it a lie. There’s no doubt that Hamas and other terror organizations do everything in their power to manipulate the minds of Palestinians from childhood by using propaganda of their own. Interestingly they have been somewhat feeble in their attempt. At least I think so. The absolute largest number I have seen as the total of Hamas members is 50,000. And most data sources put it between 10,000 to 30,000. Considering there are roughly 2,300,000 Palestinians in Gaza that strikes me as remarkably small. Hamas is a brutal death cult, and no one should defend what it did on Oct 7th. I know I don’t. I condemn it. But I also condemn the ten-fold brutal Israeli response. It would seem I’m the only one on this board that does.

Anecdotal, which makes it propaganda. But that doesn’t make it a lie. There’s no doubt that Hamas and other terror organizations do everything in their power to manipulate the minds of Palestinians from childhood by using propaganda of their own. Interestingly they have been somewhat feeble in their attempt. At least I think so. The absolute largest number I have seen as the total of Hamas members is 50,000. And most data sources put it between 10,000 to 30,000. Considering there are roughly 2,300,000 Palestinians in Gaza that strikes me as remarkably small. Hamas is a brutal death cult, and no one should defend what it did on Oct 7th. I know I don’t. I condemn it. But I also condemn the ten-fold brutal Israeli response. It would seem I’m the only one on this board that does.
Reading those responses to that tweet is sickening.

You also think Palestinians have voted against Hamas in the zero elections that have been held since 2006 so...
Yeah, I got out over my skis with that remark. You should probably discount anything I ever say again.

Still not voting for RFK, Jr., but what’s wrong with Zionism? Does Israel not have any right to exist?
Not once in this thread have I criticized Zionism, the Jewish faith, Jewish people in general. IMO Israel has the right to exist, and Palestine has an equal right to exist. What I criticize is the rampant oppression the state of Israel has placed on Palestinians, most notably the indiscriminate bombing and massacre currently taking place. Per the OP I expected to see the same response from Bobby, Jr., and have been dismayed to see the opposite response.

It is interesting how vigorously you wag your finger at the rest of us while being a little light on facts yourself.
Yeah I was wrong on one of my facts. As I said you should never trust my opinion again. What’s interesting to me is you assert I wag my finger at the rest of you as I defend my opinion against the onslaught, while ignoring that the rest of you wag your finger at me. But I’m a big boy, this isn’t my first rodeo.

Not once in this thread have I criticized Zionism, the Jewish faith, Jewish people in general. IMO Israel has the right to exist, and Palestine has an equal right to exist. What I criticize is the rampant oppression the state of Israel has placed on Palestinians, most notably the indiscriminate bombing and massacre currently taking place. Per the OP I expected to see the same response from Bobby, Jr., and have been dismayed to see the opposite response.
Well, the author with whom you have declared your alliance has:

“I suggested that you would heal the divide and not expand it. Seeing you stumble on your way by throwing your full support to the Zionist leaders of Israel has been a body blow to me.”

• Wow
Reactions: iasooner2000
Well, the author with whom you have declared your alliance has:

“I suggested that you would heal the divide and not expand it. Seeing you stumble on your way by throwing your full support to the Zionist leaders of Israel has been a body blow to me.”
How many more nits can you guys pick? The guy is upset that Jr. is endorsing warfare when he led us to believe he never would

Yeah I was wrong on one of my facts. As I said you should never trust my opinion again. What’s interesting to me is you assert I wag my finger at the rest of you as I defend my opinion against the onslaught, while ignoring that the rest of you wag your finger at me. But I’m a big boy, this isn’t my first rodeo.
I know you're a big boy, Ponca Dan. You posted this thread to troll. You gotta know I'm going to bust your balls a little.

Actually curious about the OP, did you read what the author of the letter in your link wrote about the IDF killing its own civilians on October 7? Have you looked into it? Serious question.

Also, I'm wondering if you would give this article a read. I'm curious what your thoughts on it are. It's Washington Post. You can copy the link and open it in secret mode on your browser to read it if you don't have a sub.

I know you're a big boy, Ponca Dan. You posted this thread to troll. You gotta know I'm going to bust your balls a little.

Actually curious about the OP, did you read what the author of the letter in your link wrote about the IDF killing its own civilians on October 7? Have you looked into it? Serious question.

Also, I'm wondering if you would give this article a read. I'm curious what your thoughts on it are. It's Washington Post. You can copy the link and open it in secret mode on your browser to read it if you don't have a sub.

Have I looked into it? No, but I’ve seen it talked about in multiple places, that the IDF misidentified some of its own people for Hamas. I have no idea if it happened, but from what I know about battle scenes I don’t discount the possibility.

I’ll read your link tomorrow and give you my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medic007
Have I looked into it? No, but I’ve seen it talked about in multiple places, that the IDF misidentified some of its own people for Hamas. I have no idea if it happened, but from what I know about battle scenes I don’t discount the possibility.

I’ll read your link tomorrow and give you my opinion.
Right on. If I have time I'll take a look tomorrow.

I did read a blurb somewhere about that claim being made by Hezbollah. The link in that link you originally posted looks to say that the damage in some villages could only have been done by Israel because Hamas only has light weapons. Something about soldiers indiscriminately opening fire on houses to kill Hamas. I was just scanning though, so that's no quote.

If you read that WaPo piece, it directly refutes any notion of Hamas only having light weapons or that they're poorly trained based on a lot of evidence. Not to say the IDF didn't kill some of their own, but Hamas definitely did a ton of damage and killed a bunch before the heavier equipment in the IDF arrived.

Reactions: iasooner2000
How many more nits can you guys pick? The guy is upset that Jr. is endorsing warfare when he led us to believe he never would
He clearly states that RFK, Jr. allying himself with Zionists is a “body blow”. He clearly sees Zionism as a problem, not the nebulous concept of “warfare”. Regardless, the moslems drew first blood, as they always do.

Right on. If I have time I'll take a look tomorrow.

I did read a blurb somewhere about that claim being made by Hezbollah. The link in that link you originally posted looks to say that the damage in some villages could only have been done by Israel because Hamas only has light weapons. Something about soldiers indiscriminately opening fire on houses to kill Hamas. I was just scanning though, so that's no quote.

If you read that WaPo piece, it directly refutes any notion of Hamas only having light weapons or that they're poorly trained based on a lot of evidence. Not to say the IDF didn't kill some of their own, but Hamas definitely did a ton of damage and killed a bunch before the heavier equipment in the IDF arrived.
I’ll read your link when I can figure out how to access it (I’m a digital moron). In the meantime you might find this piece by @theintercept interesting. I’m sure @Ostatedchi will want to know about the dog whistles coming from antisemitic American Jews.

He clearly states that RFK, Jr. allying himself with Zionists is a “body blow”. He clearly sees Zionism as a problem, not the nebulous concept of “warfare”. Regardless, the moslems drew first blood, as they always do.
Then you should dismiss anything he says as invalid. I won’t speak to his opinion of Zionism, I suspect it’s a little more complex than you want it to be, but his abhorrence of warfare is not nebulous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT