ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby, Jr., I Feel Betrayed

I’ll read your link when I can figure out how to access it (I’m a digital moron). In the meantime you might find this piece by @theintercept interesting. I’m sure @Ostatedchi will want to know about the dog whistles coming from antisemitic American Jews.

Whatever device you're using you should be able to open up an igcognito or "secret" mode on your internet browser. Copy that link and paste it into the address bar and you should be able to read it.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Whatever device you're using you should be able to open up an igcognito or "secret" mode on your internet browser. Copy that link and paste it into the address bar and you should be able to read it.
I appreciate the advice, I truly do, but I barely know how to turn on my computer in the morning. I'll have to wait for an employee to come do it for me.

Okay, I managed to read the article, and I think it is an outstanding piece of journalism. It explains in detail the scope of the attack and the sophistication of the planning required for it, not to mention the despicably brutal nature required to carry it out. Unfathomably inhumane. I did not see anything that suggests it used anything well beyond small arms fire. No tanks, A10 Warthogs, artillery, etc. It had to come as a complete shock to Israeli intelligence if the article is true that the whole thing was years in lulling the IDF into complacency. It is not beyond comprehension that the plan was to trick Netanyahu into countering with a brutal attack ten times worse, Bibi probably welcomed the opportunity, with the hope that massive Gazan deaths would lure the rest of the Moslem world into joining in and much of the rest of the world looking on in horror at the massacre.

I did not see anything that suggests it used anything well beyond small arms fire. No tanks, A10 Warthogs, artillery, etc.
Dan, you should look into the weapons they used. This isn't your grandpa's Hamas. They use Iranian explosive charges, mortars, use explosive drones, and even have laser guided missles now. They do a little better than rusty old AK47s and RPGs these days.

It is not beyond comprehension that the plan was to trick Netanyahu into countering with a brutal attack ten times worse, Bibi probably welcomed the opportunity, with the hope that massive Gazan deaths would lure the rest of the Moslem world into joining in and much of the rest of the world looking on in horror at the massacre.
No disagreement from me on that.

It explains in detail the scope of the attack and the sophistication of the planning required for it, not to mention the despicably brutal nature required to carry it out.
And it gave a very clear picture of what Hamas intentions are. What do you think Israel can do that will pacify that?

I appreciate the advice, I truly do, but I barely know how to turn on my computer in the morning. I'll have to wait for an employee to come do it for me.

Uh, I have two hours of Fortran Programming from 1970. Will be glad to provide assistance for a fee.

• Haha
Reactions: iasooner2000
Dan, you should look into the weapons they used. This isn't your grandpa's Hamas. They use Iranian explosive charges, mortars, use explosive drones, and even have laser guided missles now. They do a little better than rusty old AK47s and RPGs these days.

No disagreement from me on that.

And it gave a very clear picture of what Hamas intentions are. What do you think Israel can do that will pacify that?
I don’t know what Israel can do to pacify Hamas. I doubt that Hamas can be pacified. I do know what Israel should not do, and that’s declare open season to kill any Palestinian anywhere, which is what it is doing. Even if Hamas is completely obliterated by the violence Israel will have created a new line of resistance against the occupier and the violence will continue. IMO what Israel should to is employ a long range plan to change the hearts and minds of the people, about half of whom do not favor Hamas to begin with according to a poll I saw. If they didn’t treat them like vermin, ironically a term Hitler used when discussing Jews and now a term bantered about Palestinians by Israelis, maybe some cooperation could be developed. What I am sure of is what’s going on is not going to change anything.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT