ADVERTISEMENT

Next Years Lineup

Fish v Teague at 157. No way Fish can beat Amine at 165 IMO. Honestly think Teague can beat Fish….so maybe he should RS and takeover for Amine next season.

Reactions: bwel9339
I'd say the redshirt scenario for Plott and others is a no go. We will go back to the portal the next year and after having what I'm sure will be a great year it won't be a problem getting guys.
Somebody is going to have to RS, unless these guys are going to cut to fit. I say this without knowing what Fish is capable of weight wise, but Hamiti and Amine are both huge at 65.

I am not arguing with you, but I sure hope you are at least quasi incorrect.

Teague can whip Fish all day long and twice on Sunday. Ive heard a couple of line up scenarios but honestly I think we see 1-2 guys gone soon so we may be surprised w/ what we end up with. That is not written in stone but I think its looking that way. Don't ask me who because I wont name any names or the reason why. We will still have a very talented line up. Could be some bumping and or could be pulling someone down.

The drought really is just at 125. Nothing since Nico in 2016, and it hasn't really been close. The injury bug has hit this weight harder than most, which is unfortunate since it's a tough weight to have adequate backup.
There has definitely been a drought at 125 since Megaludis. Suriano had an amazing freshman year, but got hurt right before conferences, and then I believe he transferred out the next year. You all have had some good recruits come in, but they have not amounted to much once they got into college. Below are a few. Just having some fun with @Pennstate1985. LOL I do beleive Luke Lilledahl snaps that drought though. He is the real deal.

Nick Suriano (3x AA, 2x NC at other schools), Brody Teske (R12 x2 at other schools), Robert Howard, Drew Hildebrandt (transferred in sr year and lost at Nationals to Teske, who transferred out), Gary Steen.

It’s weird isn’t it! I scoured the portal. Pretty thin at 33 except cannon which we already mentioned. Witcraft can do some damage, it is his 6th year haha
I know when the bulletin board groupthink train gets rolling it's hard to stop, but Coach Taylor hasn't decreed anything about Hughes and his weight for 24-25.

Maybe we let this all play out.

I know when the bulletin board groupthink train gets rolling it's hard to stop, but Coach Taylor hasn't decreed anything about Hughes and his weight for 24-25.

True, but missing weight the first time out in front of your new head coach means something does it not? It becomes one of two things. He is outgrowing 133 or he is undisciplined in lifestyle/nutrition. It really can only be one of those two things correct?

Last edited:

Most people are speculating 33-41, not like they're saying 174 lol. I personally think they try like hell to keep him at 33 unless there's a hole somewhere.

There has definitely been a drought at 125 since Megaludis. Suriano had an amazing freshman year, but got hurt right before conferences, and then I believe he transferred out the next year. You all have had some good recruits come in, but they have not amounted to much once they got into college. Below are a few. Just having some fun with @Pennstate1985. LOL I do beleive Luke Lilledahl snaps that drought though. He is the real deal.

Nick Suriano (3x AA, 2x NC at other schools), Brody Teske (R12 x2 at other schools), Robert Howard, Drew Hildebrandt (transferred in sr year and lost at Nationals to Teske, who transferred out), Gary Steen.
Listen tough guy. PSU makes no mistakes!!!

Kidding aside, I feel bad for some of the guys who have had injuries for us at 125. I think Nick had too much New Jersey in him for PSU. If you’re from the northeast, you’d know what that means.

I try to always remember that these guys are all trying their best no matter what happens, and it abhors me that guys are called “holes” in a lineup. I recall my wife and I attending the 2019 Southern Scuffle, and we ran across four PSU wrestlers hanging around outside between sessions. I got a pic of my wife in the middle of Bo Nickal, Mason Manville, Mark hall, and Devin Schnupp. My wife didn’t know any of these guys until I told her afterwards, and she said that the little guy (our 125 Schnupp), asked her if we really wanted him in the pic because he wasn’t very good. Her response was, “you’re our guy and we love ALL of our guys”. I was proud of her for saying that. It must be tough to be THAT guy on a strong team.

Last edited:
Listen tough guy. PSU makes no mistakes!!!

I feel bad for some of the guys who have had injuries for us at 125. I think Nick had too much New Jersey in him for PSU. If you’re from the northeast, you’d know what that means.

I try to always remember that these guys are all trying their best no matter what happens, and it abhors me that guys are called “holes” in a lineup. I recall my wife and I attending the 2019 Southern Scuffle, and we ran across four PSU wrestlers hanging around outside between sessions. I got a pic of my wife in the middle of Bo Nickal, Mason Manville, Mark hall, and Devin Schnupp. My wife didn’t know any of these guys until I told her afterwards, and she said that the little guy (our 125 Schnupp), asked her if we really wanted him in the pic because he wasn’t very good. Her response was, “you’re our guy and we love ALL of our guys”. I was proud of her for saying that.
Later that day she ran into the Anthony Cassar family and she got a pic with Ant Man before he became famous three months later by beating Gable twice. I love the southern Scuffle. Everyone is accessible.

Teague can whip Fish all day long and twice on Sunday. Ive heard a couple of line up scenarios but honestly I think we see 1-2 guys gone soon so we may be surprised w/ what we end up with. That is not written in stone but I think its looking that way. Don't ask me who because I wont name any names or the reason why. We will still have a very talented line up. Could be some bumping and or could be pulling someone down.
We’re pumped about Amine yet he can’t beat Fish lately and Fish can’t beat Teague 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I'll go second. DT was at U20 and U23 coaching his team. Not every coach was there this past weekend. I'm looking at you Tom Brands. And he wonders why other coaches negative recruit against him!

I think there is a ton of flux on your team with regard to weight. Beyond culture, it seems that proper nutrition and S&C is a priority. It'll be fall before it all works its way out.

Nothing….haha

Speculation that Hughes and McComas won’t be at 133.
CC is in fact human. Bummer he let it slip for one match. Otherwise very pumped for him at 197.
If you guys ever get bored with CC, please let Cael know. We will take him off your hands and suffer the consequences lol. CC scares me as someone who will be a thorn in Connor Mirasola's side for the next 5 years minimum.

True, but missing weight the first time out in front of your new head coach means something does it not? It becomes one of two things. He is outgrowing 133 or he is undisciplined in lifestyle/nutrition. It really can only be one of those two things correct?
Generally yes, barring injury or illness or emergency of some kind.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Or a really big turd he couldn’t get out in time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT