ADVERTISEMENT

New ATT unlimited plan

I called directv 2 weeks ago and complained about my bill. They gave me $25 off per month for 1 yr for customer loyalty, then $5 off of showtime, HBO, and some other packages that I have. It dropped my bill about $60 per month.
Plus they gave me all new genie equipment.

That bought them another year before I try to cut the cord. By then Wood will have it all figuered out for dummies like me.

What kills it for me is no tethering. I live in the country and if it weren't for that I'd be all over it.

My house isn't huge, but the router att gives you with uverse sucks balls. I have an Apple airport router behind it now, and I had it configured nicely at one time, but of course the att router I had farted out and I had to get a new one. So, there went my settings. I need to go in and change it out again so the att router is "open", with the Apple router as my firewall and whatnot. I'm not all that edumacated on this crap so if I'm doing something wrong who the hell knows.

But our service with uverse has been crappy to say the least, and everyone in this house can't go much longer than 5 min or so without Facecrank or Applecaine, and even with the best package we are usually having to go ok LTE to get anything on the iPhones. Hopefully this new plan will keep from having to shut people's service down so we don't over our little plan and get that gracious giving of 15 more GB for only 15 more f*#}}ing dollars every time.

I get on here to bs, but I am on my work computer all day so much at the end of the day I just want to sit and stare at the wall. But everyone else is "bored, IM BORED....SOOOO BORED!!" And have to be downloading and watching and googling and all kinds of bs to pascify their ADD laden brains.

Reactions: csh
Using your phone as an Internet connection for another device. I use my phone as an Internet connection for my laptop. All AT&T plans allow it except the unlimited plans.

I finally got off of unlimited data with AT&T just so I could finally do a significantly cheaper family plan with the wife. I used to use a ton of data so but now I share 15 GB a month with her and we've yet to crack 10. Do you use a USB cable to tether? Is there anyway to do it without connecting your phone?

You can use a USB cable but I know with the iPhone it will act as a wifi hotspot as well. I assume other phones will do that too but have only done it with an iPhone.

You can use a USB cable but I know with the iPhone it will act as a wifi hotspot as well. I assume other phones will do that too but have only done it with an iPhone.

I have the Samsung Note 5 and it does do mobile hot spot. Any clue if a USB works better/faster?

They will also knock off another $10/month if you have them combine your ATT cell and Directv bill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT