ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats Infuse Communism Into Mortgage Loans

I don't know why you are even having this conversation with him. He doesn't even believe in private home ownership. Everything he says will be shaped by that premise. No matter how many acronyms he spouts off, or numbers he will try to throw at you, at the end of the day he is and always has been a command economist. There is nothing more you need to know. If you apply that to what you are talking about with him, it will start to make sense.
Salute GIF

Not strange at all when you read FHA’s mission statement regarding the new regs
Man I don't know:
"“These changes to upfront fees will strengthen the safety and soundness of the Enterprises by enhancing their ability to improve their capital position over time,”

Man I don't know:
"“These changes to upfront fees will strengthen the safety and soundness of the Enterprises by enhancing their ability to improve their capital position over time,”
Federal Housing Finance Agency Director Sandra Thompson said the new rules are designed to "increase pricing support for purchase borrowers limited by income or by wealth" and comes with "minimal" fee changes.

Federal Housing Finance Agency Director Sandra Thompson said the new rules are designed to "increase pricing support for purchase borrowers limited by income or by wealth" and comes with "minimal" fee changes.
The untruncated sentence "These updated pricing grids include the upfront fee eliminations announced in October 2022to increase pricing support for purchase borrowers limited by income or by wealth."

Those up front fee eliminations announced on October 2022 were the waivers bearcat is harping on that went into place last December. Nothing to do with the change in LLPA fee schedule.

So no that doesn't establish that the grid recalibration "The new regs have zero to do with default rates and collateral."

The untruncated sentence "These updated pricing grids include the upfront fee eliminations announced in October 2022to increase pricing support for purchase borrowers limited by income or by wealth."

Those up front fee eliminations announced on October 2022 were the waivers bearcat is harping on that went into place last December. Nothing to do with the change in LLPA fee schedule.

So no that doesn't establish that the grid recalibration "The new regs have zero to do with default rates and collateral."
How much are you invested?

You might be the most dense person I’ve ever encountered on a message board. The public policy behind cutting fees for poor credit individuals should be obvious to all. Apparently it’s not. Let me help you out

You might be the most dense person I’ve ever encountered on a message board. The public policy behind cutting fees for poor credit individuals should be obvious to all. Apparently it’s not. Let me help you out

I am sorry but linking to more articles from anti Biden sources imputing motives on Fannie Mae isn't very convincing.

Again from the horse's mouth:

"These changes to upfront fees will strengthen the safety and soundness of the Enterprises by enhancing their ability to improve their capital position over time,"

Two members of the board's slow 10 make 07pilt look like Mensa member Geena Davis.

• Haha
Reactions: iasooner2000
Talking to a wall. Have a good rest of your evening.
You are being unfair to my friend. Like you he has staked out a position and provided information to justify it. Like you he accepts only information that justifies his opinion and rejects any contrary position as immaterial, missing the point. He uses the typical “Alinsky” tactic of arguing until he exceeds your patience, you give up the conversation in disgust and walk away. At that point he considers he “won” the debate. I have found it is easier on my nerves to walk away early in the conversation. Just say enough to make your point and then be done with it. You have to know going in you are not going to change his mind any easier than he will change yours. You need to learn you are not making your points to teach him anything, your real audience is the rest of us who are following the debate; make your points with them in mind. In that respect Pilt unknowingly provides a great service. When your ideas are superior to his it becomes obvious to the rest of us. In this instance he may think he “won” because he chased you away, but the rest of us saw clearly who the real “winner” was. So be of good cheer! And admire Pilt for his service to the rest of us!

For 07pilt, since he's the premier progressive dumbass in this thread. An editorial from the editorial board of the WSJ, who are infinitely more intelligent and briefed on this subject:

thetruth might smoke, joke and take dope but he don't play games. Many of the Cowboys have wit skills I can only dream of. I'm gonna try to stop laughing now.

PMI is just higher payments until a borrower hits a target LTV to compensate the lender for higher collateral risk that comes from loans with a smaller equity cushion. The key difference between mortgage insurance and higher rates to compensate for higher LTVs is higher rates are for the life of the loan and PMI can be removed.

Now can you tell me why mortgage insurance shouldn't be included when comparing the rates people pay in this discussion
Because this system would encourage people to take out loans at 90+% LTV, then upon closing, pay off the 20% and eliminate PMI. I guess this is better for the uber-wealthy who has a tax accountant to manage every expense, but your screwing your average good credit borrower with extra closing costs up front or requiring them to chase their lender after closing to get PMI removed. Its simply another Democrat policy that favors the ultra-wealthy and the economic cellar dweller at the expense of the average working class American.

From all time highs.

But let's roll with it. You can't see any reason to increase borrowing costs for all but the most qualified buyers when the collateral prices are falling and fast?
No ones arguing that Fannie Mae may not need to charge higher costs. Its the fact that the costs which were linear in relation to LTV are now calculated on a bell curve whereas those with an LTV between 70-85% pay the highest fees and LTVs below 60% and over 90% pay the fewest fees. That latter piece flies in the face of all logic, especially in an economy where the assets are depreciating. You are encouraging LOW LTV loans, which will increase the rate of Credit Default Swap purchases and the increased rate of default that these loans have will lead directly to another AIG.

Can they not insulate the rafters (foam) and run all duct work in the ceiling? I built a house a few years ago and did just that. Having a climate controlled attic is also a plus.
This is a solution, if you're willing to buy an additional ton or two of air handler to cover the additional cubic footage of your attic space. Like all government regulations, it would simply add a couple extra thousand dollars to the construction costs.

I am sorry but linking to more articles from anti Biden sources imputing motives on Fannie Mae isn't very convincing.

Again from the horse's mouth:

"These changes to upfront fees will strengthen the safety and soundness of the Enterprises by enhancing their ability to improve their capital position over time,"
Of course this is true. You increase fees on those who have demonstrated a capability to pay them. So you'll raise capital. But its simply more Democrat 'fairness' that says that responsible borrowers should pay fees to subsidize the fees on the high LTV loans taken out by the 'less wealthy'

Because this system would encourage people to take out loans at 90+% LTV, then upon closing, pay off the 20% and eliminate PMI. I guess this is better for the uber-wealthy who has a tax accountant to manage every expense, but your screwing your average good credit borrower with extra closing costs up front or requiring them to chase their lender after closing to get PMI removed. Its simply another Democrat policy that favors the ultra-wealthy and the economic cellar dweller at the expense of the average working class American.
Damn Democrats and their evil PMI invention

No ones arguing that Fannie Mae may not need to charge higher costs.
At least one person does
Its the fact that the costs which were linear in relation to LTV are now calculated on a bell curve whereas those with an LTV between 70-85% pay the highest fees and LTVs below 60% and over 90% pay the fewest fees.
Not if you include mortgage insurance. Which why wouldn't you?

Pilt would never do that. He stands with the little guy through thick and thin!

New Home(sic) Sales up 9.6% MoM
And still below last March's sales rate, so down YoY. That's called selective metrics.

Basically, people aren't willing to sell their houses at a reduced value, and people aren't willing (or able) to pay the elevated price. So house prices aren't going down, but instead sales are simply becoming less common.

And last month's surge on new home contracts isn't a surprise. When the SVB bank run hit, industry interest rates fell by over a point. If you're timing was really good, you could get a 30 year mortgage under 5% for about 3 days. People were smart enough to lock in on new homes at those lower rates and so you see a surge of new home contracts in this month's metrics. With rates returning back near 7%, that one month metric will prove to be the outlier.

At least one person does

Not if you include mortgage insurance. Which why wouldn't you?
The irony is that if you are in the 80-90% LTV, you get double-****ed as you pay PMI AND a higher fees on the loan.

No that's called the profit motive.

I'm just posting facts, sorry if they disturb your worldview.
LMAO, now not only are you an economic and policy expert, you're an expert on building houses. SMFH

Waco house building was white hot. Moonlight Park in Suburb Hewitt sold a bunch of lots to volumn builder Stylecraft. Local high end builders have really slowed. There's a bunch of low end Stylecraft dumps completed now setting vacant in Moonlight Park. A bunch! Not one is under contract as of this AM. Creekside in Waco so far hasn't sold any lots to volumne builder Stylecraft or John Houston. John Houston has bought a bunch of lots and has and is building in some other subdivisions.
If only you had that level of understanding.

• Sad
Damn Democrats and their evil PMI invention
PMI worked great in '08, didn't it? I mean, all those LTV loans had PMI back then didn't they? PMI isn't some new phenomenon. And yet the Federal Government had to cut multi-billion dollar checks to keep AIG afloat after committing to all the credit default swaps. Counting on PMI to solve the risk problem of increasing LTV loans is financial suicide.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT