ADVERTISEMENT

NCAAs 2022

well, Clar Anderson was a national champ, sorry he didn't meet your standards. Or, maybe you don't know as much as you thought?
Never claimed to know a lot.Just a die hard OSU fan with tickets for 22 years who is not scared of giving my opinion and expectation for OSU. It opens me up for criticism and I am fine with that.

Got my wife, kids, mother, brother and sisters down but all I know is; Grand daughter- September, Grand son - March

Reactions: CowboyUp61
But we are supposed to believe you know what our coaching staff should do, and who it should be?

Sorry, a bit cranky tonight.
Hey message boards are for fun and opinions.I don’t have the coaching solution just thoughts.What we all can agree upon is either we change it up or continue to underachieve for OSU wrestling standards.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
Guess I should have said high level guy who at least made the finals.That should be the measuring stick for the OSU I know.
Hey message boards are for fun and opinions.I don’t have the coaching solution just thoughts.What we all can agree upon is either we change it up or continue to underachieve for OSU wrestling standards.
Can’t read it. Can someone show article?
I’m going to try this pessimistic side . It’s really sad how far Derek White has fell off since moving to Michigan. He was pitiful on the rudis card .Cliff Keen needs to replace Kevin Jackson he sucks. How did I do?

Last edited:
If you have been paying attention the change has happened. The cowboys will be loaded with returning AA

I’m going to try this pessimistic side . It’s really sad how far Derek White has fell off since moving to Michigan. He was pitiful on the rudis card .Cliff Keen needs to replace Kevin Jackson he sucks. How did I do?
Average

Reactions: Dugan2035
I've gone back to look, and had some incredibly bad luck this year AND this tourney! I know Wrestling happens on the mat, not paper but...

125-Both losses to guys in the conso semis
133-lets hope he gets it done
141- Micic had to injury default but looked like AA and Willits is in semis
149- got beat by two AAs
157- got beat by the 1&2 seed
174- happy for him
184- beaten by two AAs
285 - his losses sucked

So basicly, we were actually tons better represented than we think. I really wanted to see G and Sheets make the podium and thought Geer would pull it off again.

Either way, it wasn't the aggregate belly flop everyone seems to think it was. Our shortcomings turn out not to be that short. We were a healthy Wittlake and AJ, as well as some bracket love away from a 5-7 AA and 2 finalist performance.

Who all does PSU return for next year? RBY, Starocci, Brooks and Kerkvliet should all be back. That will be enough right there to be in the hunt for another title.

Are these guys gone? Lee, Dean, Berge, their 125. It’s hard to keep up with the COVID year factored in.

Who all does PSU return for next year? RBY, Starocci, Brooks and Kerkvliet should all be back. That will be enough right there to be in the hunt for another title.

Are these guys gone? Lee, Dean, Berge, their 125. It’s hard to keep up with the COVID year factored in.
Their 125 Hildebrant will be gone, RBY has one more year but the general consensus seems to be that he’s done after this year, Lee is gone, Berge is gone, Starocci and Brooks will be back, I think Dean has one more year, and Kerk will be back.

I've gone back to look, and had some incredibly bad luck this year AND this tourney! I know Wrestling happens on the mat, not paper but...

125-Both losses to guys in the conso semis
133-lets hope he gets it done
141- Micic had to injury default but looked like AA and Willits is in semis
149- got beat by two AAs
157- got beat by the 1&2 seed
174- happy for him
184- beaten by two AAs
285 - his losses sucked

So basicly, we were actually tons better represented than we think. I really wanted to see G and Sheets make the podium and thought Geer would pull it off again.

Either way, it wasn't the aggregate belly flop everyone seems to think it was. Our shortcomings turn out not to be that short. We were a healthy Wittlake and AJ, as well as some bracket love away from a 5-7 AA and 2 finalist performance.

Extending this a bit, & fully wearing Orange Colored Glasses:

125: McKee is AA...Mastro handled him when 100% Healthy. Mastro has AA ceiling at minimum
133: Cornerstone Piece for 2 more years
141: Give this guy a year in the weight room to grow into the weight. High ceiling
174: Proving he is a Cornerstone Piece - some Granddads graduating to clear out this weight some
197: 3 Year National Champ
285: Luke Surber at 240-245 lbs will be a force. AA minimum

That's a solid 6 with AA Ceilings at likely 3 NC Contenders. From there:

165: Can Wittlake get 100% Healthy? Gfeller showed what is possible when healthy and head is right. Wittlake still has the ability and high ceiling. If he's right, that's 7 with AA Potential.

149/157/184: Can they get at least 1 breakout performer from this group? Haas at 184 & Jordan Williams at 149/157 have the ability.

As @leecothran keeps saying, OSU will have a Top 20 Recruit at 9 of 10 weights...and Surber is the other who is just outside of Top 20.

Plott has a tough match against #4 seed Hidlay who was seeded #2 last year at 157 and finished 6th. He has three losses this year to #1 Starocci 10-3, #2 Mekhi 3-2 and #10 Lautt by fall. He has a win over Kekhi by 3-1 SV and #3 Kemerer 5-3. Plott easily beat Lautt last night so hopefully Plott will have the size advantage and can bust another move on Hidlay.

He also beat Nelson Brands in Brands' last match this year. I don't remember if Brands was hurt before or during that match.

Reactions: JAY45
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT