ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Prediction Time

JAY45

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2002
Anyone care to make Tournament Predictions? Seth's line of 3.5 All-Americans seems like a good one.

I'll take the OVER with 4 All-Americans: Fix, Gfeller, Wittlake, and Plott. Obviously Wittlake is somewhat of a reach.

Best Case seems to be 7 adding Young, Voinovich, and Surber.

In order of likliness (Please feel free to disagree) with no knowledge of Young's level of injury

Fix
Plott
Gfeller
Wittlake
Surber
Young
Voinovich

It would be awesome but seems unlikely the other 3 would AA, even with Wyatt having done it before from this Position.

Prior to Young's Big 12 semifinal I thought he would do it. Witcraft is tough to wrestle. Given Young's default in the Big 12 I would rank Witcraft higher. I am thinking 3 this year.

Hoping for more obviously, but I think probably 3. Daton, Dustin & G.

Most to least likely based on how guys are currently wrestling. Carter would've been at #4 w/o the injury...

Daton
Dustin
G
Luke
Travis
Reece
Konner
Victor
Wyatt
Carter

Biggest thing I'm looking for though is that some of the young guys flash potential to be point scorers in the future.

I am going to be bold, like every other year...we AA 10. Thats right, all 10 hit the podium. I know that is unlikely, but I think Wyatt and Young sandbagged the Big Xii to come in as a surprise. How else can you explain Wyatt's dominance after his two losses? Young, same thing. He was coming on and turning heads, he wanted them turned the other way.

Another BOLD prediction. Fix doesn't make the Finals. I hate it for him, but he still AA's.

IF, and that's a big IF, it doesn't happen that we AA 10, here's what I see:

125 - 7-8 Yes, I know that is also bold, but I was running through his bracket and his path to AA isn't that bad if it folds out well.

133 - 3rd I am sad writing that.

141 - His injury is unknown so I won't predict.

149 - he goes 1-2

157 - I see several scenarios to AA, but I also see a tough road. I am cautiously optimistic and say he AA's

165 - I hope he surprises us again. Hard to root against him.

174 - 5-6 unless he really gets his mind right. If he has a mission, he can be a Finalist.

184 - ? I really don't know how to guess this one. He could be an AA or he can go 1-2.

197 - Similar to 125. I think he finds the podium. Low AA.

285 - Who knows?

I am going to be bold, like every other year...we AA 10. Thats right, all 10 hit the podium. I know that is unlikely, but I think Wyatt and Young sandbagged the Big Xii to come in as a surprise. How else can you explain Wyatt's dominance after his two losses? Young, same thing. He was coming on and turning heads, he wanted them turned the other way.

Another BOLD prediction. Fix doesn't make the Finals. I hate it for him, but he still AA's.

IF, and that's a big IF, it doesn't happen that we AA 10, here's what I see:

125 - 7-8 Yes, I know that is also bold, but I was running through his bracket and his path to AA isn't that bad if it folds out well.

133 - 3rd I am sad writing that.

141 - His injury is unknown so I won't predict.

149 - he goes 1-2

157 - I see several scenarios to AA, but I also see a tough road. I am cautiously optimistic and say he AA's

165 - I hope he surprises us again. Hard to root against him.

174 - 5-6 unless he really gets his mind right. If he has a mission, he can be a Finalist.

184 - ? I really don't know how to guess this one. He could be an AA or he can go 1-2.

197 - Similar to 125. I think he finds the podium. Low AA.

285 - Who knows?
What Fix have to do vs Vito if they meet? Vito longer correct?

Vito has had some impressive wins this year. He has beat Daton once in Freestyle. That being said this is Folkstyle and although they have never met in Folkstyle I would give this one to Daton IF they meet in the semi's. Daton tends to struggle against longer guys, but I believe he has only been taken down 1 time this year and that is where Vito will have to to his damage to win.

3 AAs. Plott, Fix, Surber, and Fix wins it all. I hope that they all AA.

What Fix have to do vs Vito if they meet? Vito longer correct?
Fix has to be the most aggressive scoring guy in the world...which he can be.

I think he gets beat in OT before the finals. If he gets to the finals, I think he gets beat in OT.

If it’s Vito that gets him or not, one of the best in the world has to turn himself loose.

Just my two cents. I hope I’m wrong!

Not sure why everyone is down on Fix this year not making the finals. Is this reverse psychology, or am I missing something? Does everyone really think Vito is better than Fix? Fix looks as good as he’s ever looked IMO. He is wrestling more like he did his first year. More free, riding.

Anyone care to make Tournament Predictions? Seth's line of 3.5 All-Americans seems like a good one.

I'll take the OVER with 4 All-Americans: Fix, Gfeller, Wittlake, and Plott. Obviously Wittlake is somewhat of a reach.

Best Case seems to be 7 adding Young, Voinovich, and Surber.

In order of likliness (Please feel free to disagree) with no knowledge of Young's level of injury

Fix
Plott
Gfeller
Wittlake
Surber
Young
Voinovich

It would be awesome but seems unlikely the other 3 would AA, even with Wyatt having done it before from this Position.
Does anyone mind sending first round matchups for each Osu wrestler?

Not sure why everyone is down on Fix this year not making the finals. Is this reverse psychology, or am I missing something? Does everyone really think Vito is better than Fix? Fix looks as good as he’s ever looked IMO. He is wrestling more like he did his first year. More free, riding.
Not down on him at all!

He just Wrestles to not lose when the lights are on high beam.

I just think he catches those high beams early this time? He’s a great, one of the best ever, undisputed...just think he needs to cut loose, score, be the talent he is...not Wrestle smart to limit scoring.

Reactions: Okie_Pat
I think Daton is a slight favorite. Vito is really good and he did get multiple takedowns using a drag single in their last freestyle match. That's a move that works in folkstyle too, but obviously Daton will have made adjustments.

Vito also won in OT in their Super32 3rd place match back when they were both juniors in HS. They've both improved considerably since then. Fun fact about that tourney -- Daton beat G in the consolations on tiebreakers. G was always lighter, but finally caught up in size, then kept getting bigger.

Not down on him at all!

I just think he catches those high beams early this time? He’s a great, one of the best ever, undisputed...just think he needs to cut loose, score, be the talent he is...not Wrestle smart to limit scoring.
Daton in 3 finals has yet to score a takedown. That says it all, against the best, Daton seems to fear making a mistake. It has cost him big. Then he got screwed against Suriano with ride out and then the headgear call but he really screwed up when he quit wrestling to protest. I was also disappointed in John by challenging the hand in the face almost reinforcing Daton's lack of aggression. I expect 3 All Americans which is embarrassing for Oklahoma State especially considering we are not a young team and as I have said we don't have a lot of talent in the room redshirting. As horrible as this sounds I could see us with 1 All American. We need guys to really come through and outwrestle their seeds to prepare for next year and to show we haven't become mediocre at wrestling.

Not down on him at all!

Your feelings are definitely justified from his past results. I just think this year more than any of his previous years he has made the adjustments technically and mentally to get him over the hurdle. It won’t be easy, maybe his toughest road yet. But I have felt good the last couple of years and look what happened. I’m just hoping for the best for him.

Also, my bold prediction since I haven’t made it yet is we end up with 4-5 AA’s and Doucet and Witcraft makes the R12.

Order of most likely AA
Fix
Plott
Wittlake
Surber
Gfeller

I’m with you on 1 AA Harley. I hope these guys have a chip on their shoulder and we avoid bad matchups and pull some upsets.

How are y’all streaming and/or following brackets and upcoming matches? I see that session 1 is live on ESPNU… that can’t have all the mats though right?

Never mind, looks like the ESPN app has individual mat feeds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT