ADVERTISEMENT

The Way Too Early 2023-2024 Line-Up Prediction Thread...(Plus Questions)

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/11095338-early-line-up-look-oklahoma-state-wrestling-2023-24

I don't think Flo necessarily has a handle on OSU's starting lineup, but it was cool to see the last 10 years' of NCAA finishes. I've been trying to hunt this info down, guess I just needed to look at Flo (gross but hey). As a fan these past two years have been long (again thanks Ferraris and partially Mastros for blowing up our starting lineup), but four 3rd place and two 2nd place finishes in the last decade is nothing to snort at and it was nice to be reminded of our success. I'd say we've had a good run and I look forward to seeing the squad back in action this year.

Last 10 NCAA Championships:

2013: 2nd

2014: 3rd

2015: 7th

2016: 2nd

2017: 3rd

2018: 13th

2019: 3rd

2020: Canceled (COVID)

2021: 3rd

2022: 14th

2023: 18th
Totally agree six top three finishes is good. We have to get back there. I think we could all live with top 4s every year. But with the new portal game, it will make it tougher if the NCAA continues to let teams just buy the best kids

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Does anybody have a update on the Wittlake situation? Is he done or coming back for his final year? If he's finished does Haas or Thompson take the 184 spot? I even read some brief chatter on here about the possibility of Plott bumping up. Just trying to fill this years roster out in my head and there's still some big question marks.

Does anybody have an update on the Wittlake situation? Is he done or coming back for his final year? If he's finished does Haas or Thompson take the 184 spot? I even read some brief chatter on here about the possibility of Plott bumping up. Just trying to fill this years roster out in my head and there's still some big question marks.
According to Blair wittlake is not coming back.

According to the online directory he is enrolled as a student. But so is Trevor Mastrogiovanni.

Jalin Harper is also listed in the online directory. He was previously mentioned as a possibility for the 157 spot, along with Mirzo Khayitov.

So Alvarez and Jamison (projected 141) weigh at least 157.1. Olejnik (projected 165) 184.1. Travis (projected 149-157) at least 165.1. None of which would be unusual at this stage of the season.

Wonder if Travis could be a viable option at 157.

I threw those names out because they seemed to me to be harder cuts to make. Especially if Alvarez goes 141. I guess not that unusual for OSU standards to cut 20-25 lbs?

The optimal performance calculator, it is the process of taking an original weight, with a urine sample for hydration, and a skin fold test for body fat percentage and creating a minimum weight that can be wrestled and at which point the should safely reach that weight.

The public doesn’t get all of the information but they can see what the wrestlers starting weights are, and who is on the roster. Based on losing 1.5% of their weight weekly you could figure out who could end up where.

It can be found on the track wrestling website and click on OPC, then college men, then NCAA, then find the team, and go to roster.

So does this change our perception of anyone? Teague a candidate for 157? Do we think olejnik is going for 74 instead?

The one that stands out to me is Jordan Williams making 157. That means he's already between 149.1 - 157. When I see that I think 141, but Blair said he would be at 149.

The one that stands out to me is Jordan Williams making 157. That means he's already between 149.1 - 157. When I see that I think 141, but Blair said he would be at 149.
If he can't beat the 141 I'd think he'd go 149.

If he can't beat the 141 I'd think he'd go 149.
Well ok, sure. But Alvarez (& Jamison) certified a weight higher and yet he's projected to wrestle a weight lower. On the face of it, looks like they plan to swap.

It's all speculation without inside knowledge. Travis Mastro made 141 for certification a couple of years ago. Turns out he was sick and lost a bunch of weight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT