ADVERTISEMENT

The Way Too Early 2023-2024 Line-Up Prediction Thread...(Plus Questions)

He's not going to be in school in 1st semester?
Its amazing to me he's going to be in school at all, ever. I got word over the summer that he would never enroll because he got in trouble, but... I guess mommy and daddy having money helps.

Its amazing to me he's going to be in school at all, ever. I got word over the summer that he would never enroll because he got in trouble, but... I guess mommy and daddy having money helps.
Already in trouble and he isn't even in school yet? That's great news.

He's not going to be in school in 1st semester?
Why do you get on here and spread rumors that are not true. You know nothing about who’s eligible and he’s not out. He will be in school for a semester so get your facts, right

Why do you get on here and spread rumors that are not true. You know nothing about who’s eligible and he’s not out. He will be in school for a semester so get your facts, right
He will be in school first semester

I don't have a clue if he's going to be in school or not, I was just responding to vhsalum.

I don't have a clue if he's going to be in school or not, I was just responding to vhsalum.
That was not meant for you that was meant for him. He gets on here and spreads rumors about things. He knows nothing about.

Reactions: Wrestleks
Never underestimate the OkieSt cut. Chandler Rogers wrestled 86kgs at u23s one year

It’s amazing to me he's going to be in school at all, ever. I got word over the summer that he would never enroll because he got in trouble, but... I guess mommy and daddy having money helps.
Not to be that guy but this kind of stuff is getting old. Chandler liked to wrestle at his walking around weight. 86 kg (189 lb) off-season down to 165 lb for season isn’t “crazy omg nobody does that”. So why the snarky comments? And you heard somebody say something about Thompson, didn’t substantiate it, came on here, shared the rumor like fact, and made up some judgy nonsense about his family? Wtf man?

Any time I chase down these rumors they are often garbage. Thompson’s trouble that everyone brouhahas about is that he has vaped weed during tournaments. Who. Gives. A. Sh**. I can’t believe people that sh*t all over student athletes… they’re kids, man. Leave that crap to Iowa fans 😆

That was not meant for you that was meant for him. He gets on here and spreads rumors about things. He knows nothing about.

1. John definitely likes guys to cut more than most coaches/programs. This is fact. Which is funny because some of his absolutely best wrestlers do better going up (Oliver, Ringer, Munoz, etc). You have to be willing to fight that fight with him, but John is definitely more old school in terms of cutting weight.

2. The Thompson thing is most definitely not rumor. Heard it from multiple sources that Thompson was "out" and would never enroll. Then it changed to 1 year. Now you're telling me he'll be enrolled in the fall semester. Good for the kid, but 100% a thing because his parents have the money to solve the problem.

I don't come here just to spread "rumors" - I share what I receive, which is the point of the message board. Its not my fault OkieSt is trending down. I'm a HUGE fan of John and OkieSt. Been to the coaching clinic and to this day I use his drills more than any other coach I've learned from. In the same way I want Brands to right the ship, I want John to do the same. He certainly used the portal this year, so that's a good step.

1. John definitely likes guys to cut more than most coaches/programs. This is fact. Which is funny because some of his absolutely best wrestlers do better going up (Oliver, Ringer, Munoz, etc). You have to be willing to fight that fight with him, but John is definitely more old school in terms of cutting weight.

2. The Thompson thing is most definitely not rumor. Heard it from multiple sources that Thompson was "out" and would never enroll. Then it changed to 1 year. Now you're telling me he'll be enrolled in the fall semester. Good for the kid, but 100% a thing because his parents have the money to solve the problem.

I don't come here just to spread "rumors" - I share what I receive, which is the point of the message board. Its not my fault OkieSt is trending down. I'm a HUGE fan of John and OkieSt. Been to the coaching clinic and to this day I use his drills more than any other coach I've learned from. In the same way I want Brands to right the ship, I want John to do the same. He certainly used the portal this year, so that's a good step.
Once again, nothing on here you say is true Thompson will be in rolled in the fall. He is not in eligible money has nothing to do with kids getting eligible not sure what TV drama you’ve been watching doesn’t work that way in division one sports.

Bruh. The point of the board is to talk OSU Wrestling. Not to create drama about kids and coaches with rumors-presented-as-fact and hot takes. It's disrespectful. To me saying stuff like "It's not my fault the program is trending downward" while you insult kids and their families is some weird high horse garbage that doesn't belong here - we can be better than that. IMO & YMMV.

Last edited:
Anyways. Just refreshed myself on our incoming transfers and up-and-comers. It'll be interesting to see a lineup with up to seven new faces. It'll be the opposite effect of last year where we had several faces we didn't expect to see!

125 - new
133 - established
141 - new
149 - new
157 - new
165 - new
174 - established
184 - new
197 - established
HWT - new

Reactions: DPJ and Wrestleks
Bruh. The point of the board is to talk OSU Wrestling. Not to create drama about kids and coaches with rumors-presented-as-fact and hot takes. It's disrespectful. To me saying stuff like "It's not my fault the program is trending downward" while you insult kids and their families is some weird high horse garbage that doesn't belong here - we can be better than that. IMO & YMMV.
Thank you very much for your response right on point

Cowboys are definitely treading up best off season besides penn state. Weight cut is old news not relevant lately. Every good team will have a kid with a hard cut.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
The 157 options seem to be limited. The portal is closed, so maybe a grad transfer or international student?

In the meantime have Cutter Sheets start hitting the weights. I know his results haven't been jaw dropping so far, but there might be something there. Good gas tank, some good leg attacks.

Either way it's going to be a tough weight class. A lot of returning AAs, including Teemer who should be back for ASU.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
The 157 options seem to be limited. The portal is closed, so maybe a grad transfer or international student?

In the meantime have Cutter Sheets start hitting the weights. I know his results haven't been jaw dropping so far, but there might be something there. Good gas tank, some good leg attacks.

Either way it's going to be a tough weight class. A lot of returning AAs, including Teemer who should be back for ASU. Sheets is a great kid. It will not be our 57 pounder.

Already in trouble and he isn't even in school yet? That's great news.
He is not in trouble, so I don’t know where you’re getting your information, but none of it is true he will be in rolled

He is not in trouble, so I don’t know where you’re getting your information, but none of it is true he will be in rolled
Again, I was responding to another poster and it was a question not a statement. I have no info on Thompson or his family.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/11095338-early-line-up-look-oklahoma-state-wrestling-2023-24

I don't think Flo necessarily has a handle on OSU's starting lineup, but it was cool to see the last 10 years' of NCAA finishes. I've been trying to hunt this info down, guess I just needed to look at Flo (gross but hey). As a fan these past two years have been long (again thanks Ferraris and partially Mastros for blowing up our starting lineup), but four 3rd place and two 2nd place finishes in the last decade is nothing to snort at and it was nice to be reminded of our success. I'd say we've had a good run and I look forward to seeing the squad back in action this year.

Last 10 NCAA Championships:

2013: 2nd

2014: 3rd

2015: 7th

2016: 2nd

2017: 3rd

2018: 13th

2019: 3rd

2020: Canceled (COVID)

2021: 3rd

2022: 14th

2023: 18th