ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

CC is going to benefit big time from having someone like David Taylor to roll with every day. This is going to be great for them both. DT has a wrestler like CC at 197 for the next four years and CC has a coach like DT to help him achieve his goals of a National title and World Team gold medal. It is a great fit for them both!

Last edited:
If CC left it would be out of spite, otherwise makes no sense with DT here to train him. Fits his style perfectly!
Yep. And Christian has spoken a lot about wanting to wrestle in the Olympics and he said RTC is important to him. Aside from Cael there probably isn’t a better coach for all that than David Taylor.

Something occurred to me during DT’s presser. He mention him and his staff (world team
Members) will wrestle with his team to make them better. When John took over team, he did same thing and won 5 straight titles. You can’t tell me that doesn’t motivate recruits.

Last edited:
Something occurred to me during DT’s presser. He mention him and his staff (world team
Members) will wrestle with his team to make them better. When John took over team, he did same thing and won 5 straight titles. You can’t tell me that doesn’t motivate recruits.
My theory. I think if you go back and look, most successful coaches had their greatest success before turning 45 because they were on the mat every day teaching kids themselves. I think the daily grind wears them out. Can you imagine the mental grind to take each incoming class and mold them into better wrestlers and then next year there is a new group that you need to do the same thing for from scratch plus you still have all the other guys to continue teaching? After awhile, I imagine you'd get tired of rolling around with the 400th guy and teaching exactly the same technique that you did for the first kid. Even if you absolutely love to teach, it gets stale and your body gets tired and you start delegating. So now the kids are getting a copy of the original. Even if the instruction is only 5% less quality, the wrestler now takes 3rd instead of 1st, or loses rd12 instead of wrestling for 5th. Small things that degrade a program over time.

Last edited:

Dude listen to Pat

He talks about branch starting to take him down and knowing he was gonna win 67 with a losing record

Pat laughs about bullying Pendleton in the room while Pendleton is winning titles

It took Mt Rushmore all time greats to beat Pat internationally

There’s no secret to needing best guys in the room to train with

Carrol just got the gift of a lifetime in DT

He’s got eyes on stilly
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

I didn’t see anything yesterday. Do I have to watch closely again today or are we in the clear haha

I didn’t see anything yesterday. Do I have to watch closely again today or are we in the clear haha

curious to hear if the “send” button was hit or not on the one i’d heard about.

I was being sincere. I genuinely didn’t know how he was connected to the team.
Espo is at NC State - no idea if him or not, but if so, he won't have much insight now. I expect DT to set a policy that what happens in the room stays in the room. Clearly some things will leak, but probably not good for the person that is caught leaking info.

Espo is at NC State - no idea if him or not, but if so, he won't have much insight now. I expect DT to set a policy that what happens in the room stays in the room. Clearly some things will leak, but probably not good for the person that is caught leaking info.
They had practice yesterday and people showed up to watch the practice. DT ran everyone not on the team out of the room and then told the guys don’t tell anyone the things the teach and tell them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT