ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

Make some sense.
The thing working against this however: the complete reluctance to credit the coaches for changes/improvements over the course of the past season.

It wasn’t the coaches, it was the fact that there were a bunch of new kids (liberally paraphrasing).

CP would be a great addition for someone. At camps, he's an absolute pied piper...not to mention, stand up comedian. Hoping for the best for him.

He will land on his feet. Highly regarded assistant and voice. He will be a HC at some point.

We needed the change and am very happy with what has transpired but agree and wish the best for him and the others. Good cowboys.

I always thought the family dynamics were part of the problem. I know my uncle would never listen to anything I ever told him (damn it man, it's 103 degrees out here, put on some damn shorts when we play golf, we aren't on the PGA tour) and I sure never listened to my uncle. Respected and loved him but never listened to anything he said.

Broken record here but is the portal still open for our guys or not? Have heard both yes and no. Someone said 10 days after DT announced? Can’t find that anywhere.

Reactions: Shootwrestling
Broken record here but is the portal still open for our guys or not? Have heard both yes and no. Someone said 10 days after DT announced? Can’t find that anywhere.
I thought 30 days after JS retired. Which would have been the 11th this month. I have also heard the 10 days since a new staff came in. I honestly don’t know the NCAA rules on this.

Reactions: AtownPoke
If there were guys wanting to transfer due to the coaching changes then we would of likely seen it by now given the extra time they would receive and a week since the announcement. It might still happen, but I don't think its going to be anyone impactful.

If there were guys wanting to transfer due to the coaching changes then we would of likely seen it by now given the extra time they would receive and a week since the announcement. It might still happen, but I don't think its going to be anyone impactful.
I believe we could see portal entries next year. Right now, theguys are optimistic about the new staff. Next year, they will have experienced what is required of them and some may not make the cut.

I believe DT will instill mental toughness into our team which is one weakness that has cost the team. Mental toughness may be harder to install than technique or physical development.

I know Wyatt is announcing on 20th. Any info on where he is leading? would really like him at OSU especially to make CC and Merrill better for the future.
It was rumored he got “political help” from Oklahoma to transfer. I wondered about
Mark Wayne Mullin helping him out.

Reactions: AtownPoke and ctdub
It was rumored he got “political help” from Oklahoma to transfer. I wondered about
Mark Wayne Mullin helping him out.
I’ve heard this is true.
Fwiw I had heard this exact same thing. I heard Mullin helped pull some strings to get his stuff approved to be able to transfer. I would think because of that and other factors that we are in the drivers seat.

If he's visiting Mizzou and Michigan then he's only got a few more days before he announces. He's only posted on IG about visiting us and Minnesota.

Reactions: bwel9339
We need more Wreslers as Senators & Congressmen. Maybe even President 😊
Donald Trump Wwe GIF

Fwiw I had heard this exact same thing. I heard Mullin helped pull some strings to get his stuff approved to be able to transfer. I would think because of that and other factors that we are in the drivers seat.
Well, clearly WH should stand his butt up and be a Cowboy then.

Patiently waiting for Alirez and Hendrickson decisions! If OK State lands them both, they are definitely going to make some noise this upcoming season because I really think the youngsters in the lineup will improve and having these older transfers in the room, they will help the young wrestlers improve. Gonna be a very interesting season.

Are we entirely sure the new regime wants the transfers? They may be focusing on implementing their culture/style more than bringing in a couple of one year guys. I'd love to add both of them, but in the grand scheme DT and co. may have other priorities.
Damn we got @HighPlains_Drifter on the board now!!
This is awesome.
Show Down Clint Eastwood GIF by Maudit

Patiently waiting for Alirez and Hendrickson decisions! If OK State lands them both, they are definitely going to make some noise this upcoming season because I really think the youngsters in the lineup will improve and having these older transfers in the room, they will help the young wrestlers improve. Gonna be a very interesting season.
Yeah, if we get these two...it's going to be FUN with a capital FU to PSU!

IF we get them...

125 - Finals
133- Finals
141 - Finals

These two weights you will see the Gilman/Fix effect. It's like some kind of super power that will be instilled into them.

149 - Finals if he buys in
157 - AA 3-5 range
165 - AA 3-5 range

This is the hardest part of the job next season

174 - Finals DT effect
184 - Finals
197 - Finals
285 - Finals

So, I am done predicting 10 AA's and have moved squarely into predicting 8 Finalist with 2 AAs and we win #35.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT