ADVERTISEMENT

National emergency

You don’t think trump and his base want zero illegals coming into this county? This is just a game?

Would you like to breakdown the other forty?

This is just like the tariffs deal. When trump does it, it’s the end of the world.
Interpret my post however you want.
Let's wait and see what he narcissist Trump does.

Ah, it's an emergency.

So Fatass will go to mara lago, eat cheeseburgers and play golf all weekend... Must be quite the emergency.

Ah, it's an emergency.

So Fatass will go to mara lago, eat cheeseburgers and play golf all weekend... Must be quite the emergency.

What are you and Obama doing different because of the other forty emergencies?

I’m way too lazy and stupid to know how to look it up, so I’ll ask those of you that are so knowledgeable about past declarations of emergency, requiring immediate military correction. Did someone say there have been 58 such declarations? And 40 are still in effect? What were they for, what were the emergencies? We’re they all as trivial as a president using the declaration to appear to be trying to honor a campaign promise? Especially since the original campaign promise has already been shitcanned (he’d make Mexico pay)?

Reactions: Syskatine
I’m way too lazy and stupid to know how to look it up, so I’ll ask those of you that are so knowledgeable about past declarations of emergency, requiring immediate military correction. Did someone say there have been 58 such declarations? And 40 are still in effect? What were they for, what were the emergencies? We’re they all as trivial as a president using the declaration to appear to be trying to honor a campaign promise? Especially since the original campaign promise has already been shitcanned (he’d make Mexico pay)?

I honestly wish you could sit down with the families of those murdered by illegals and call this trivial. I would like to video tape that for a documentary.

Btw they are linked in this thread.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
I've gone back and forth on this, but read some of the other spending goodies handed out in this bill. Civilian federal employees are getting a 1.9% raise.......so they don't have money to build a wall but they do have money to bump the federal parasites salaries.There were some other objectionable items, but I think now the way to go is exactly how Trump is going.

The libs/dems know this will be a campaign issue in 2020 and wanted to make him look foolish...he is giving them a giant FY and going on about what he promised to do. It also forces them further left with the appearance they are siding will open borders crowd and illegal criminals border jumpers. Honestly, in a debate (aside from the scum bag media will be their cheerleaders and in their hip pockets) how do you criticize this? The rebuttals are a plenty.

Regan gave amnesty for promises of better enforcement of immigration laws and better border security. He negotiated in good faith and got screwed, Trump isn't going to let this happen again.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
I honestly wish you could sit down with the families of those murdered by illegals and call this trivial. I would like to video tape that for a documentary.

What about the families of people murdered by American Citizens due to easy access to guns? You have no concern for those families? You and I both know that there are significantly more victims killed by American citizens, every year, than victims murdered by illegals.

So many national emergencies that need to be addressed...

Those of you that have bought into Trump’s “dangerous immigrant” rhetoric are being played for suckers. Trump doesn’t give a rat’s ass about protecting you with a wall any more than Obama cared a whit for the “30 million uninsured.” It’s a re-election ploy, pure and simple. He figures if he can keep enough of the gullible hyped up long enough to get re-elected that’s good and well. I would almost bet that if everything remains the same - gridlock and resistance on the wall - if he gets re-elected he’ll find a way to put the wall issue to rest. I wonder how you will feel then.

Those of you that have bought into Trump’s “dangerous immigrant” rhetoric are being played for suckers. Trump doesn’t give a rat’s ass about protecting you with a wall any more than Obama cared a whit for the “30 million uninsured.” It’s a re-election ploy, pure and simple. He figures if he can keep enough of the gullible hyped up long enough to get re-elected that’s good and well. I would almost bet that if everything remains the same - gridlock and resistance on the wall - if he gets re-elected he’ll find a way to put the wall issue to rest. I wonder how you will feel then.

Yup. Pretty transparent.

What about the families of people murdered by American Citizens due to easy access to guns? You have no concern for those families? You and I both know that there are significantly more victims killed by American citizens, every year, than victims murdered by illegals.

Come on Been, your smarter than that......that is about as yuge a straw man argument as there is. What about knives, cars with drunk drivers etc. Very little you can do about native born crime with instruments guaranteed by the constitution vs citizens that are murdered, maimed, raped, robbed etc, by people that shouldn't be here in the first place. One murdered citizen (and many illegals are murdered as well) by someone not supposed to be here, or worse someone that has been deported multiple times, is one too many.

Come on Been, your smarter than that......that is about as yuge a straw man argument as there is. What about knives, cars with drunk drivers etc. Very little you can do about native born crime with instruments guaranteed by the constitution vs citizens that are murdered, maimed, raped, robbed etc, by people that shouldn't be here in the first place. One murdered citizen (and many illegals are murdered as well) by someone not supposed to be here, or worse someone that has been deported multiple times, is one too many.

Like I said. So many national emergencies.... We better declare a bunch of them.

Been’s argument, while monumentally stupid, is no more of a straw man than Harry’s.

Here’s Been’s social/political equation: because some gun owners have gone berserk and murdered innocent people therefore all gun owners are to be viewed with suspicion, fear and distrust, and should be inflicted with government shackles.

Here’s Harry’s social/political equation: because some immigrants have gone berserk and murdered innocent people therefore all immigrants are to be viewed with suspicion, fear and distrust, and should be inflicted with government shackles.

It’s the same principle with the same solution for two different “emergencies.” If the solution is proper for one of the emergencies, it is proper for both. IMO it is not proper for either.

Reactions: Been Jammin

The thought that the concerns about the border started in 2015 with trump is probably one of the dumbest things I’ve seen on this board. You and all the liberals on this board make the same claim as if trump has talked people into this. The lack of action for four presidents is what brought us trump. Why can’t you understand that simple concept? Where have you guys been?

Been’s argument, while monumentally stupid, is no more of a straw man than Harry’s.

Here’s Been’s social/political equation: because some gun owners have gone berserk and murdered innocent people therefore all gun owners are to be viewed with suspicion, fear and distrust, and should be inflicted with government shackles.

Here’s Harry’s social/political equation: because some immigrants have gone berserk and murdered innocent people therefore all immigrants are to be viewed with suspicion, fear and distrust, and should be inflicted with government shackles.

It’s the same principle with the same solution for two different “emergencies.” If the solution is proper for one of the emergencies, it is proper for both. IMO it is not proper for either.

Perfect liberal response. All immigrants? Why no distinction between illegal and legal? You would be perfect for an msnbc show.

The thought that the concerns about the border started in 2015 with trump is probably one of the dumbest things I’ve seen on this board. You and all the liberals on this board make the same claim as if trump has talked people into this. The lack of action for four presidents is what brought us trump. Why can’t you understand that simple concept? Where have you guys been?

just watch decade old video of schumer cank pelosi and the rest of their ilk concerning immigration

This is easy. Show me the laws that would save their lives? I’ll show you how less illegals in this country gives us less crimes committed by illegals in this country.

just watch decade old video of schumer cank pelosi and the rest of their ilk concerning immigration

Trump derangement syndrome doesn’t allow for me to see past the escalator. The whole world, morals, expectations and context were all reset at that moment.

Here’s Harry’s social/political equation: because some immigrants have gone berserk and murdered innocent people therefore all immigrants are to be viewed with suspicion, fear and distrust, and should be inflicted with government shackles. THE ILLEGAL ONES SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

FIFY

We’ll just have to disagree on this. Historically border security has never been a major concern to the public at large, beyond political rhetoric from politicians searching for an issue to latch onto. They didn’t latch onto it because it didn’t resonate with the voting public.

All presidential candidates, well, all politicians, cast about looking for a signature issue on which they can lay claim to being indispensable, the country can’t survive without that politician being there to save it. LBJ gave us Vietnam. Tricky Dick gave us price controls. Jimmy Carter gave us gas shortages. Bush gave us Iraq. Obama gave us socialized medicine. Today’s Democrats are all in on global climate change. And Trump has landed on immigration as his legacy issue. Not a single one of those things were emergencies. They were all election ruses, used by politicians to sucker the masses.

Reactions: Been Jammin

You don'get it. The totality of their logic is taking one isolated offense and projecting it across millions. When I parody the same sophistry they hate it.

We’ll just have to disagree on this. Historically border security has never been a major concern to the public at large, beyond political rhetoric from politicians searching for an issue to latch onto. They didn’t latch onto it because it didn’t resonate with the voting public.

All presidential candidates, well, all politicians, cast about looking for a signature issue on which they can lay claim to being indispensable, the country can’t survive without that politician being there to save it. LBJ gave us Vietnam. Tricky Dick gave us price controls. Jimmy Carter gave us gas shortages. Bush gave us Iraq. Obama gave us socialized medicine. Today’s Democrats are all in on global climate change. And Trump has landed on immigration as his legacy issue. Not a single one of those things were emergencies. They were all election ruses, used by politicians to sucker the masses.

Your libertarian instincts on this are spot on for a change.

The fact that we have to disagree about people sneaking into the country is a sad write off for you. Thank god you are self aware enough not to vote.

This is easy. Show me the laws that would save their lives? I’ll show you how less illegals in this country gives us less crimes committed by illegals in this country.
Execute 1/2 of the people in this country at random would reduce crime by 1/2

Perfect liberal response. All immigrants? Why no distinction between illegal and legal? You would be perfect for an msnbc show.
Am I to assume by this comment that you are not concerned with murderous legal immigrants?

Here's a list of those declared and their current status. A large number of them deal with events occurring overseas and are nowhere as significant as an invasion of our country by people breaking our laws or bringing in illegal drugs causing death to our citizens. The primary responsibility of the president is to protect our country and defend us. It doesn't matter whether we are being invaded by an armed army of another country or millions of people from countries not named the United States breaking our laws to enter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_emergencies_in_the_United_States

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
You don'get it. The totality of their logic is taking one isolated offense and projecting it across millions. When I parody the same sophistry they hate it.

Only one person has been harmed by an illegal? Only one murder in Central America? One instance of rape? Only one of corruption? Wow we are getting a lot of mileage with those.

Am I to assume by this comment that you are not concerned with murderous legal immigrants?

He doesn't care about meth addiction either. That doesn'\t mean anything unless it's a brown guy doing it.

This is a joke right? Here is dan asking that question.

https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fos%2Fcreatr-images%2F2019-02%2Ffd7d4660-2fe6-11e9-9bbf-37ed2e913253

Reactions: Rdcldad
Only one person has been harmed by an illegal? Only one murder in Central America? One instance of rape? Only one of corruption? Wow we are getting a lot of mileage with those.

There you go. What are the numbers? Do they commit more or less per capita than our native citizenry?

He doesn't care about meth addiction either. That doesn'\t mean anything unless it's a brown guy doing it.

You are off your game this morning. I like how lately you’ve been quoting others to talk about me. You’re weak.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT