ADVERTISEMENT

National emergency

he's going to pursue it just to see how far it goes I'm sure.

Point of no return if this works. There will be a Dem president again. You guys just better hope it's not AOC declaring national emergencies to stop gun violence and climate change.

Is aoc for this national emergency? Not sure why she would be against this one and for that one. That wouldnt make sense.

Last edited:
Is aoc for this national emergency? Not sure why should would be against this one and for that one. That wouldnt make sense.

Like it or not, these emergencies are in the eye of the beholder. In a lot of people's minds, including some politicians, these emergencies are abstract ideas and problems, not something to be quantified , but to be 'fixed' and largely for political means and not pragmatic means.

breath taking

LOL I really think he's 100% sincere.

He literally doesn't understand the concept that other people have different perspectives. He really doesn't understand that.

LOL I really think he's 100% sincere.

He literally doesn't understand the concept that other people have different perspectives. He really doesn't understand that.

I don’t understand that politicians have zero base standard from which they operate? Yea I think I understand that.

I bet the courts uphold the presidential authority to declare an emergency.

I bet the courts uphold the presidential authority to declare an emergency.

There are only 30 currently in effect today, but you can bet the wingnuts in the 9th Circuit will vote to stop it because "orange man bad".

There are only 30 currently in effect today, but you can bet the wingnuts in the 9th Circuit will vote to stop it because "orange man bad".
Maybe, but it’ll eventually be upheld. Just my guess.

You don’t see any far reaching consequences should this happen?
Like what? I don’t get the outrage about if he has the power or not. He clearly does.

Now, bitch about if it is the right thing to do or not. Fine... but the tact by the left looks pretty weak.

Like what? I don’t get the outrage about if he has the power or not. He clearly does.

Now, bitch about if it is the right thing to do or not. Fine... but the tact by the left looks pretty weak.

I’m concerned about the precedent it sets. How do you quantify a national emergency? What threshold has been crossed in the last x amount of years that moved border security from national concern to emergency?

Do you think future presidents would use that to accomplish their goals and circumvent normal procedures?

I’m concerned about the precedent it sets. How do you quantify a national emergency? What threshold has been crossed in the last x amount of years that moved border security from national concern to emergency?

Do you think future presidents would use that to accomplish their goals and circumvent normal procedures?

Obama did 12 of them. Including DACA.

The national emergency issue has been used many times before. There is no precedent being set here.

All your questions could be answered in legislation if the Congress wanted to check the executive perogerative.

I'm not bothered in the least. Do t like it, pass a law.

What threshold has been crossed in the last x amount of years that moved border security from national concern to emergency?

The American people elected a new president. That's the threshold that was crossed.

The national emergency issue has been used many times before. There is no precedent being set here.

All your questions could be answered in legislation if the Congress wanted to check the executive perogerative.

I'm not bothered in the least. Do t like it, pass a law.

Many times? When was the last president declared a national emergency to circumvent an obstructionist house in government? I truly don’t know.

The American people elected a new president. That's the threshold that was crossed.

That’s kind of my point. At some point the people will elect another president and then that same argument will be made about another perceived emergency.

Many times? When was the last president declared a national emergency to circumvent an obstructionist house in government? I truly don’t know.
I'm not seeing your point since I don't see any process being circumvented.

That’s kind of my point. At some point the people will elect another president and then that same argument will be made about another perceived emergency.
Yeah, and I'm not going to get bent about that either.

I'm not seeing your point since I don't see any process being circumvented.

The government recently shut down largely over an obstruction dem house not budging on a wall. If the GOP held both houses and the wall was funded just how they wanted, would the same emergency be declared?

The government recently shut down largely over an obstruction dem house not budging on a wall. If the GOP held both houses and the wall was funded just how they wanted, would the same emergency be declared?

Speaking of hypotheticals, does the dog catch the rabbit if he doesn't stop to shit?

Reactions: imprimis
In six months when construction is under way this will be totally forgotten by a majority of the voting public. trump will begin construction on 200-300 miles of wall and hopefully can show an improvement in illegals crossing.

Unfortunately we do need congress to fix the laws and make it not worth the trip and that’s never going to happen.

Blocking is not the same as spending to save face for a campaign promise.

Blocking is not the same as spending to save face for a campaign promise.

You don’t think trump and his base want zero illegals coming into this county? This is just a game?

Would you like to breakdown the other forty?

This is just like the tariffs deal. When trump does it, it’s the end of the world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT