ADVERTISEMENT

Mueller testimony delay...

I don't think any of us has been in that kind of environment...5 minutes from each committee member.. going back and forth between those attacking/cross examining motivations and those trying to do a direct...all of them speaking very quickly and often cutting off your answers...all of them trying to score political points...and most of them not real good at asking non-compound questions.

I know I would certainly struggle with that.

I thought I heard he had done this more than 80 times? This is not some random person, he was a former fbi Director. He and bill Barr are 5 years apart in age. Barr swatted those clowns away with ease in the same environment.

I don't think any of us has been in that kind of environment...5 minutes from each committee member.. going back and forth between those attacking/cross examining motivations and those trying to do a direct...all of them speaking very quickly and often cutting off your answers...all of them trying to score political points...and most of them not real good at asking non-compound questions.

I was actually offered an opportunity to testify before congress on the state of cybersecurity in our industry. I passed almost before the question was fully asked. There's no way I'll ever get up and testify before congress and all the gotcha questions and soundbite politics. Neither side would be honestly asking questions in order to better their understanding but simply trying to score political points against the others. No way was I volunteering for that.

Mueller has been in that environment numerous times and managed to handle it. I feel sorry for the guy personally. He is obviously not as sharp as he once was and by Democrats, either knowingly or unwittingly, taking advantage of him have destroyed his once stellar reputation. With liberals the individual is expendable if they think it advances the liberal collective.

Reactions: iasooner1
I have read each and every word with the exception of the redacted portions. Not a single thing listed in the report is anything that IMO could be used to prove obstruction in a court of law. The mere fact that Trump never used Executive Privilege, which he was more than entitled to use and the fact he didn't stand in the way of a single witness testifying to the investigators overrides any of the accusation of obstruction made to any rational person. Despite the best efforts of Democrats to change one of the most precious founding principles this country has, the burden of proof is still on the Democrats to prove beyond a reasonable doubt Trump obstructed. I guess that's part of what Obama meant when he said he was going to fundamentally transform the country.

Having read the report and being a prosecutor, there is a lot there that I would consider taking a stab at it...no conviction is ever guaranteed given the burden of the state.

Having read the report and being a prosecutor, there is a lot there that I would consider taking a stab at it...no conviction is ever guaranteed given the burden of the state.

I doubt very seriously any prosecutor worth his salt would remotely consider taking that case to trail given the evidence available. The case would be kicked out of court before it ever made it to trail and no worthy prosecutor is going to take that embarrassment.

Uh, you must not be familiar with his past. A good prosecutor would have laid his case out with recommendations to what he thought should happen. I'm not aware of any "good" prosecutor that leaves everything up to interpretation.

"We found that the defendant did own the gun that was used in the murder, was at the crime scene, had gunshot residue on his hands, had a motive of life insurance money, but we're going to decline recommending prosecution. Someone else can decide that."

That last paragraph is exactly what I get from the investigators on my prosecutions.

IMO, the decision as to whether or not to prosecute the President for anything was properly left up to his reporting supervisors...the AG and Rosenstein.

Wasn’t one of the criticisms of Comey in the Hillary email deal that he made public recommendations instead of referring his findings to the AG for that determination?

Seems it was.

I doubt very seriously any prosecutor worth his salt would remotely consider taking that case to trail given the evidence available. The case would be kicked out of court before it ever made it to trail and no worthy prosecutor is going to take that embarrassment.

Doubt all you’d like.

I imagine I have more experience and knowledge regarding prosecutorial decision making than you do.

Doubt all you’d like.

I imagine I have more experience and knowledge regarding prosecutorial decision making than you do.

I'm sure you do but you are forgetting prosecutors at that level have much higher aspirations and can not take the risk of ruining their career by taking the case and losing in a humiliating fashion.

Perhaps someone could answer these questions for me. Did Mueller hire the team that investigated, or was the team put together by someone else and Mueller was brought in later to give it an air of respectability? If Mueller didn't hire the team, who did? Sessions? Rosenstein? Who?

I can....but sense you have me on ignore....

*shoulder shrug*

I'm sure you do but you are forgetting prosecutors at that level have much higher aspirations and can not take the risk of ruining their career by taking the case and losing in a humiliating fashion.

I’m not forgetting anything.

No prosecutor (to use your term) worth his salt only prosecutes cases he believes are guaranteed convictions with no risk of losing....even in a humiliating fashion.

I know I’m not gonna change your mind or even get you to consider the possibility that you are in error.

I’m cool with that.

@CowboyJD Did Mueller hire the team that investigated, or was the team put together by someone else and Mueller was brought in later to give it an air of respectability? If Mueller didn't hire the team, who did? Sessions? Rosenstein? Who?

@CowboyJD Did Mueller hire the team that investigated, or was the team put together by someone else and Mueller was brought in later to give it an air of respectability? If Mueller didn't hire the team, who did? Sessions? Rosenstein? Who?

Mueller made the appointments subject to approval of Rosenstein.

Reactions: N. Pappagiorgio
That last paragraph is exactly what I get from the investigators on my prosecutions.

IMO, the decision as to whether or not to prosecute the President for anything was properly left up to his reporting supervisors...the AG and Rosenstein.

Wasn’t one of the criticisms of Comey in the Hillary email deal that he made public recommendations instead of referring his findings to the AG for that determination?

Seems it was.
Not sure that last paragraph is a valid comparison. Comey was strictly a law enforcement officer (ie. cop). Pretty sure the FBI doesn't bring matters before grand juries, or issue bills of information. On the other hand, Mueller pretty much occupied the position of US Attorney, and actually signed indictments as "Special Counsel."

One last thing. In watching Mueller, he certainly came across as a tired old man, but he also came across as an attorney burnt out on a case that he knows is a dog, and fed up with his clients (ie. anti-Trumpers) because they insisted on a result that the facts simply didn't support (I know, I fire at least one such client annually).

Reactions: iasooner1
Not sure that last paragraph is a valid comparison. Comey was strictly a law enforcement officer (ie. cop). Pretty sure the FBI doesn't bring matters before grand juries, or issue bills of information. On the other hand, Mueller pretty much occupied the position of US Attorney, and actually signed indictments as "Special Counsel."

One last thing. In watching Mueller, he certainly came across as a tired old man, but he also came across as an attorney burnt out on a case that he knows is a dog, and fed up with his clients (ie. anti-Trumpers) because they insisted on a result that the facts simply didn't support (I know, I fire at least one such client annually).

The comparison is very apt with regards to his reporting on the President specifically. He was tasked with issuing a confidential report to DOJ under OLC guidance that no indictments would be made against a sitting President. He was tasked with making either indictment or impeachment recommendations.

Re: Last paragraph. Anti-Trumpers weren't his clients. He was named by a Trump appointees. He came off yesterday to me as an attorney that was refusing to let either the Anti-Trumpers or the Trump Diety Suffers use his work product as if he was their attorney.

67648813_10217665231079376_3753287742910365696_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT