ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota/ OSU dual results

Over all our guys looked to score through out the matches. Crutchmer was a little rusty, little tired at the end but a lot better than I've seen him in past seasons. Blaylock looked good for stepping up a weight. So many good things happened at this dual. Hvy Schafer get my MVP for the day. I will say even our one loss at 197 was a great showing by Weigel. The #2 guy had his hands full against him. Pfarr was by far the number 2 guy with a big step down after that. Weigel can be that guy in the finals with some improvement by Nationals. Showed some offense on his feet against someone that has great defense. I can say everyone that wrestled showed real well today. The best I have seen OSU this early in the year. Joe Smith is coming along with his injury, this is his same injury that he had at the end of last season. He pretty much wrestled on one leg at Nationals last year. His 7 place finish showed how tough (you can tell he's a Smith) Joe is.

Reactions: osu2082
Looks like I'm coming up next weekend for OU and Pittsburgh. I will be in California when we wrestle Cornell (visiting family). So next weekend watering hole in Stilly.

I thought was your prediction for bedlam Friday of OSU 30 UO 0
Not as good as your pappy. I predicted 9 wins and the upset of Kroells Micco. BTW , John was sparing on his praise of Schafer-said it was a surprise. I do not think Austin is quite out of the doghouse with John yet.

I spent the $10 and watched it too.

Agree with the 97 and HWT assessments. PW made a couple of very minor, very correctable mistakes, but looked really good.

Chandler literally tries to pin you from every position.

Really liked what I saw today. Fun team to watch.

Micco missed the deduction points against John for taunting. I have to admit I have been chuckling about "Pharmacy closed" most of the weekend.
Very good match and we should have all 10 of our wrestlers ranked in the top 8 if Schafer can beat Larson on Friday. Very impressed with what I listened to on the radio. I was a little surprised that Collica had trouble with Stoker, but knew Stoker was going to be good.

Reactions: MiccoMacey
Match is available online on BTN Plus, but subscription required (e.g. $15 for a month).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT