ADVERTISEMENT

Mea Culpa

Pilt, nothing I post on a message board is actionable. Biden isn't reading this thread. I don't get paid to come up with solutions to the Ukraine mess. I expect my government to be on top of that stuff.

I never said this wouldn't have happened if the sanctions weren't lifted. What I said was that lifting the sanctions despite the Russian troop buildup that started last March was a stupid idea. Biden reimposing those same sanctions AFTER Putin invaded is all the proof I need that it was a foolish decision.
Never fails. lol

362f6c41476c15ed3f0f67d57953ab02.gif

The climate has never been static in the entire history of earth. There's a ton of historical evidence that Earth has been a crazy place to be. Do you really believe that humans can control the Earth's climate?
You continue to bring this up as if it is some brilliant revelation you had. In reality you are demonstrating the analysis skills of a 9 year old.

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Most Monday morning QBs at least have the decency to say what should play should have been run.
I already have. Biden should have been on top of this starting last March. The sudden "omg Putin is going to invade" right before the invasion isn't the best way to deter a guy like Putin.
Why should we listen to your criticism at all then? If you don't know any solutions, what makes you think the situation could have been handled any better?
Because the obvious is obvious, pilt. Do you think Biden was prepared for an actual Russian invasion of Ukraine? Why are we just now scrambling to get them weapons?

Maybe we could have been sending a shit ton of weapons and maybe even some troops to advise Ukraine much earlier than invasion time? There's no way Russia is doing any of this with the US military in the way. We've done that type of stuff all over the world. If Ukraine is so vital to our national security, why would we not go balls deep to protect it?

BTW, what's your solution?
Why? It increased the opportunity cost of invasion.
Lol.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I never said this wouldn't have happened if the sanctions weren't lifted. What I said was that lifting the sanctions despite the Russian troop buildup that started last March was a stupid idea. Biden reimposing those same sanctions AFTER Putin invaded is all the proof I need that it was a foolish decision.
Was it? What were the sanctions accomplishing other than annoying the Germans? Real sanctions require German and to a lesser degree EU cooperation if they are going to be anything other than symbolic. Now Gazprom has $11 bln of steel sitting on the bottom of the sea.

I already have. Biden should have been on top of this starting last March. The sudden "omg Putin is going to invade" right before the invasion isn't the best way to deter a guy like Putin.

Because the obvious is obvious, pilt. Do you think Biden was prepared for an actual Russian invasion of Ukraine? Why are we just now scrambling to get them weapons?

Maybe we could have been sending a shit ton of weapons and maybe even some troops to advise Ukraine much earlier than invasion time? There's no way Russia is doing any of this with the US military in the way. We've done that type of stuff all over the world. If Ukraine is so vital to our national security, why would we not go balls deep to protect it?

Lol.
LOL
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...adb3b0-4cf3-11e6-a7d8-13d06b37f256_story.html

Was it? What were the sanctions accomplishing other than annoying the Germans? Real sanctions require German and to a lesser degree EU cooperation if they are going to be anything other than symbolic. Now Gazprom has $11 bln of steel sitting on the bottom of the sea.
Well, genius, why did Biden reimpose the sanctions if they were useless? Is it just one of Pedo's usual empty gestures?

Yea, but that 11B was paid for by the EU in energy imports from Russia.

Europe and the US should end all commerce with Russia.

Do not allow their oil to be sold.

The one thing that he may fear are the oligarchs. These guys live all over the world including owning half of Miami. Seize everything they own. Have the CIA make a few if them disappear. Make them uncomfortable and scared for their lives. They will then make Putin back down or overthrow him.
As a Chelsea fan I’m going to disagree here.

Reactions: CowboyJD
The fact it was done AFTER Germany had suspended all the permits clearly indicates it was an empty gesture and that as usual with Biden, we're leading from behind.
Clearly. While restoring US sanctions on Gazprom's Nord Stream 2 project may make for good "my side" talking points, it is inconsequential.

Thank you for being honest for a change. Now, why did Biden waive the sanctions to begin with?
Because they were equally inconsequential then, they annoyed the Germans, and arguably cancelling them removed the issue from the German elections creating conditions for a better relationship.

Tell me what the simple take is - in your opinion why were they tossed? Let me guess, Hunter Biden is somehow involved...

Clearly. While Nord Stream 2 may make for good "my side" talking points, it is inconsequential.
Agreed. And while the maroons in society may not understand NS2, Putin does, and he immediately recognized that the EU/US sanctions for the initial 'minor incursion' were literally nothing. Why would Biden or anyone think that sanctioning a non-functioning pipeline would make any difference in detering Putin's ambition. So now, 24 hours after the invasion, Biden will announce what 'consequences' Putin will face in sanctions. Really, how is this list of sanctions not already prepared and announced given that Russia's been on the doorstep for weeks and even Biden announced last week that the invasion was imminent. Yet you libs still praise the 'leadership' of the Biden administration?

Reactions: Medic007
Because they were equally inconsequential then, they annoyed the Germans, and arguably tossing them threw a bone to the new German government that has strengthened the relationship.

Tell me what the simple take is - in your opinion why were they tossed? Let me guess, Hunter Biden is somehow involved...
So appeasing Russia via Germany over an inconsequential pipeline was the best Biden could do? Really?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Agreed. And while the maroons in society may not understand NS2, Putin does, and he immediately recognized that the EU/US sanctions for the initial 'minor incursion' were literally nothing. Why would Biden or anyone think that sanctioning a non-functioning pipeline would make any difference in detering Putin's ambition. So now, 24 hours after the invasion, Biden will announce what 'consequences' Putin will face in sanctions. Really, how is this list of sanctions not already prepared and announced given that Russia's been on the doorstep for weeks and even Biden announced last week that the invasion was imminent. Yet you libs still praise the 'leadership' of the Biden administration?
Odd that you think the sanctions haven't been thought out, agreed upon by required parties, communicated in advance to Putin et al. They clearly weren't enough to deter Putin. Are you upset that you are the last to know?

Likely additional sanctions are being planned and covert action is already underway. Maybe those will be communicated too at some point.

Odd that you think the sanctions haven't been thought out, agreed upon by required parties, communicated in advance to Putin et al. They clearly weren't enough to deter Putin. Are you upset that you are the last to know?

Likely other sanctions and covert action is already underway. Maybe those will be communicated too at some point.
Maybe you can give us a list of some of the specific sanctions Biden tried to use to deter Russia? Stern words like "there will be sanctions!" is not an indicator of actual planning.

I think the first item on the agenda should be for Biden to explain to the American people in SPECIFIC TERMS how American involvement in this is protects America’s vital national security.
Assuming the Biden administration is capable of explaining a coherent rationalization as to how what’s happening in Ukraine is connected to America’s national security, the second item on the agenda should be developing and explaining EXACTLY what is the mission of any intervention America would take. This is especially true if troops are sent into action. They should be told “this is what we’re sending you to do, we will provide whatever backup you need to do it, and once you’ve done it you’ll pack up and come home.” No more “nation building, spreading democracy bs,” no more shifting the mission ala Afghanistan or Syria. It should be “we’ve identified our national interest and we’ve developed a mission to see it is protected, and once that is accomplished we’re out.” I wonder if there’s a single person connected to the military industrial/security state complex that would agree to that.

Reactions: CowboyJD
Maybe you can give us a list of some of the specific sanctions Biden tried to use to deter Russia? Stern words like "there will be sanctions!" is not an indicator of actual planning.

Maybe you should just tune into the press conference later today. Such a simpleton take you have on all of this...

Please provide your analysis. Or are you just thinking you can be our version of Thabo Sefolosha?
Bwaaaaahahahahahahahaha!!! I can always tell when I've broken your talking points. You get redassed as hell.

Was waiving the sanctions to appease Russia via Germany the only option Biden had in your opinion?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Bwaaaaahahahahahahahaha!!! I can always tell when I've broken your talking points. You get redassed as hell.

Was waiving the sanctions to appease Russia via Germany the only option Biden had in your opinion?
Red assed? LOL at that.

So you don't have any theory of your own then? Maybe need to search the Tucker back catalog before you slide out on a limb? Take your time, we will be here when you find what it is you are looking for.

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Maybe you should just tune into the press conference later today. Such a simpleton take you have on all of this...
So I guess that's a no on you providing a list of specific sanctions Biden tried to deter Putin with? Why am I not shocked?

You are very good at writing your own jokes, Dodge. Rape, Portland riots, Morgan Freeman...

Poland is in NATO and it will mean WW3. China can be thwarted by positioning carriers in international waters between China and Taiwan with an explicit declaration of defense should China attack. And Israel will take care of Iran if they develop a nuke.
Our carriers would be destroyed, and you would unite many Arab countries to fight against Israel. Got any other options that don't involve us losing our Pacific fleet? Tried that one once, it worked out but was really expensive.

So appeasing Russia via Germany over an inconsequential pipeline was the best Biden could do? Really?
I started a thread a day or two ago linking an article that speculated on what are America’s intentions regarding Ukraine. His argument was fascinating to me. He’s saying none of this is about Ukraine, it’s all about Germany, in particular the threat America’s security state feels about NS2. Russia would provide Germany with gas, Germany would provide Russia with money, both parties would be satisfied with the arrangement which would ease tensions between the two countries, other trade endeavors would ensue which might ultimately lead to a Germany-Russia-China trade relationship that would leave the US out in the cold and be the final nail
in the coffin of the American unilateral empire. Ukraine, according to this analysis, was a hail Mary attempt to drive a wedge between Russia and Germany and put a stop to NS2 at the last minute. The whole Ukraine into NATO talk was an attempt to lure Putin into doing exactly what he has done. The whole thing is about keeping Germany in the fold and America the alpha male. I’ve probably butchered what he wrote, but it was a fascinating observation.

Our carriers would be destroyed, and you would unite many Arab countries to fight against Israel. Got any other options that don't involve us losing our Pacific fleet? Tried that one once, it worked out but was really expensive.
Why do you guys think our forces are impotent? Our leadership is feckless but our fighting force is second to none.

China is not going to attack our carriers unless they are prepared to go to nuclear war.

Israel will not get into it with Arabs because they also hate the Persians. Shia hates Sunnis etc.

There really is only one country that might think about nuking someone as a good idea. That is the jihadis in Iran.

I started a thread a day or two ago linking an article that speculated on what are America’s intentions regarding Ukraine. His argument was fascinating to me. He’s saying none of this is about Ukraine, it’s all about Germany, in particular the threat America’s security state feels about NS2. Russia would provide Germany with gas, Germany would provide Russia with money, both parties would be satisfied with the arrangement which would ease tensions between the two countries, other trade endeavors would ensue which might ultimately lead to a Germany-Russia-China trade relationship that would leave the US out in the cold and be the final nail
in the coffin of the American unilateral empire. Ukraine, according to this analysis, was a hail Mary attempt to drive a wedge between Russia and Germany and put a stop to NS2 at the last minute. The whole Ukraine into NATO talk was an attempt to lure Putin into doing exactly what he has done. The whole thing is about keeping Germany in the fold and America the alpha male. I’ve probably butchered what he wrote, but it was a fascinating observation.
*&$^$%&*(&^$%^ Dan. Have you learned ANYTHING? Why do you listen to those people?

On top of. On top of. Brilliant.
We have been giving them weapons since 2014.
Maybe we could have been sending a shit ton of weapons and maybe even some troops to advise Ukraine much earlier than invasion time?
Yes, I am sure that would have been wise. Rush Putin's timeline, increase the chances of miscalculation, make sure that the consequences of miscalculation are WW3. I'll take what Joe did over that.

There's no way Russia is doing any of this with the US military in the way.
I am sure Russia would just kindly wait for the US military to arrive.
We've done that type of stuff all over the world. If Ukraine is so vital to our national security, why would we not go balls deep to protect it?
Is it?

Lol.
Already told you once.

Reactions: davidallen
You think it is a good idea to tell Putin the exact cost of invading Ukraine ahead of time?

Why do you guys think our forces are impotent? Our leadership is feckless but our fighting force is second to none.

China is not going to attack our carriers unless they are prepared to go to nuclear war.

Israel will not get into it with Arabs because they also hate the Persians. Shia hates Sunnis etc.

There really is only one country that might think about nuking someone as a good idea. That is the jihadis in Iran.
Because, your carriers were placed in range of China's air force in China!

You are under the misguided impression that nuclear weapons are deterring military aggression. For nukes to be a deterrent you have to be willing to use them.

Even if you manage to get Israel to defeat Iran, which geographically is next to impossible. What have you gained? Nothing really as we gave up Afghanistan.

You also forgot Pakistan, N. Korea, and India as nuclear nations that will use them.

You are overestimating our capabilities and failing to understand that we are not set up to fight this kind of war right now.

Look I like you have no problem with using our military. I just want to win. You never want to be the loser in a war.

probably a kernel of truth to this as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT