ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Parris

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
I hesitate to start this thread as to my mind it appears futile but USA's wrestler of the week is Mason Parris from Lawrenceburg, Indiana. He is already a 2x Indiana champion and is only a Junior in High School. He wrestled in the NWCA/USAW national duals and jwas 7-0 with 6 falls and a tech fall. He was Flo National champ at 220 and all four wins were bonus point wins. He is 105-0 in his last two years. He is probably the most highly recruited wrestler in the Junior class but the kicker is that he is also a D1 prospect in football at Linebacker. Hopefully his love of wrestling will keep him in the sport. I have no idea who is recruiting him but if there is any chance he will wrestle in college we need him badly. I hope John and Eric and Zach have talked to him but I do not know that. He could replace the disappointment of not getting Gable Steveson earlier.

I know no two scout's opinions are the same and one site may love him and the other be sour on him...However, when doing a little quick research, it appears that Parris is probably a big wrestling recruit than he is a football blue chipper.

247 Sports has him as the #28 rated prospect at his position and only the 13th best recruit in the state of Indiana....Seems his two offers are from Ball State and Cincinnati.

Rivals also does not have ranked too high, but lists Indiana and Illinois as also having made offers.

It is very tough to both wrestle and play football at a D1 school. Both seem to suffer as well and maybe academics as well. Maybe having options open would be a positive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT