ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Hall

How can they afford him???!!!!!

I see it PSU looses 5 seniors next year, with big names like Megaludis, Conaway and McIntosh. So I think that frees up some money there, and I would guess more than less. Now I may be talking out of my rear here, but my deduction is this. Money for scholarships is based on caliber of kid coming in and how much money can the parents of said kid can front for college. For instance if a kid comes from a wealthy family, the coach can assume that the parents can afford to send them even if they only give 25% scholarship. That frees up a lot of money to give to kids that don't have the money to pay for college, plus there is grant money involved. Some of these kids could be in that situation where they could attend PSU without ANY scholarship money, we'll never know, but that doesn't mean that's the case. I know if my son was a blue chipper and I was a rich man, if only, I would still want the college to pay something for benefiting of my child.

How can they afford him???!!!!!

Look at the recruiting classes the last 5 years. PSU is not at the top. Iowa and Ohio State are probably ahead of PSU in recruiting. Cornell has more top 5 classes than PSU. OKState and Nebraska are in the mix too.

If the recruits comes from money, any assistance fi
Look at the recruiting classes the last 5 years. PSU is not at the top. Iowa and Ohio State are probably ahead of PSU in recruiting. Cornell has more top 5 classes than PSU. OKState and Nebraska are in the mix too.
Fine line when it comes to a top recruit producing in D1 coming out the gate. All teams have there hits and misses, but you still need to go after the studs. Most recent recruit Jordan Rogers, hope he has turned the corner and show why we went after him. Finishing his final two years as a AA would be a very good ending on his career. As a wrestling fan and knowing a few of these wrestlers I have to say that Jordan is about as good of a young man as you will find. If he doesn't end up doing it on the mat, I'm still glad he came to OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT