ADVERTISEMENT

Lehigh

I agree. If Preston can come back right, I’d like to see geer at 84 and let joe and cobe rank for 74.

I agree. Unfortunately, this late in the year that's the only fair way to determine the spots. Let Joe & Jacobe wrestle-off and then the loser can challenge Dakota for 184.

IMO, ranking matches are a flawed way to determine starters. Apparently Kaid beat G in their ranking match. Kaid has probably been "big brothering" G since they were 9 & 7. It's better to gauge two guys against similar competition. Last year I wanted Boo & Geo at the Scuffle. This year, I think Jacobe should have wrested 174 at the Scuffle, along with Joe.

We are at or close to final weights. With the weight allowable being factored in, I'm not sure if any of the guys can realistically make their 10 pound drop and get their endurance back. I agree with several others that Geer and Ja. Smith would do better at lower weights along with Shomars. Joe S. may be the more technical wrestler at 74 but he has not installed any confidence in me about using his abilities on the mat. Jacobe has proven that he will fight tooth and nail like he did on Sunday and that has to factor into who will be on the mat at the Big 12.

Reactions: Cowguy
I agree. If Preston can come back right, I’d like to see geer at 84 and let joe and cobe rank for 74.
IF Preston can come back at 100%, he should be the guy. But I don't think that is possible at this point.

I don't want to see what happened last year happen again to him. Get that hardship year and come back 100% next year.

IF Preston can come back at 100%, he should be the guy. But I don't think that is possible at this point.

I don't want to see what happened last year happen again to him. Get that hardship year and come back 100% next year.

Agree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT