ADVERTISEMENT

Johns Hopkins: No evidence people are born gay or transgender

The last time you were forced to pray? The last time someone forced you to partake in a prayer?

I’ll wait.
Nobody is being forced to pray just like nobody is being forced to pride march.

Just people having a disingenuous pissing contest over who is more aggrieved.

There are extremists in both camps who have to go and fvck it up for everyone else.

One plaintiff does not a “gay mafia” make.

As you said, significant statistical minority.

Are you denying there is an active, hostile and well funded gay mafia in the culture wars?

Chick fil a has been run out of airports and schools. Not for their product. Not for their service. But because the ceo believes in the teachings of the Bible. Here is Jack Dorsey apologizing for eating chicken:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...eo-apology-chick-fil-a-gay-pride-month-2018-6

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adam-carolla-gay-mafia-is-705809

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...fia_if_you_cross_them_you_do_get_whacked.html

Are you denying there is an active, hostile and well funded gay mafia in the culture wars?

Chick fil a has been run out of airports and schools. Not for their product. Not for their service. But because the ceo believes in the teachings of the Bible. Here is Jack Dorsey apologizing for eating chicken:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...eo-apology-chick-fil-a-gay-pride-month-2018-6

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adam-carolla-gay-mafia-is-705809

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...fia_if_you_cross_them_you_do_get_whacked.html
And those assholes are wrong for it. They'll lose in the end.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
The last time you were forced to pray? The last time someone forced you to partake in a prayer?

I’ll wait.

Interesting topic. Imagine that you are Jewish and living in the U.S.

It is not that uncommon to attend an event where a Christian prayer (convocation) is part of the ceremony. Now, I am not forced to participate, but I am still in attendance and am being subjected to someone else's religious beliefs.

It is also not that uncommon for my son/daughter to be a member of a team (be it sports, dance, or something else) where a coach/parent/team captain feels the need to get the group together and pray before a competition/performance... until a Jewish parent points out that not everyone on the team is a Christian (or the Jewish child decides they don't want to be a member of the team anymore.)

So, maybe it happens more than you think it does.

I’ll wait.

I'm not offended by public prayer. Nobody ever forced me to pray or be gay, either. It's just such a double standard that it's comical. Here Chrisitans want their monuments, art, commandments, slogans, prayers, tv stations, radio stations, t-shirts everywhere and then complain when someone else evangelizes THEIR lifestyle.

Why do you feel the need to make a reasonable discussion/debate unreasonably confrontational?

With Wharry, there's years of precedent behind it. I generally don't with people that are respectful.

Just people having a disingenuous pissing contest over who is more aggrieved.

100% correct.

It is not that uncommon to attend an event where a Christian prayer (convocation) is part of the ceremony. Now, I am not forced to participate, but I am still in attendance and am being subjected to someone else's religious beliefs.

It is also not that uncommon for my son/daughter to be a member of a team (be it sports, dance, or something else) where a coach/parent/team captain feels the need to get the group together and pray before a competition/performance... until a Jewish parent points out that not everyone on the team is a Christian (or the Jewish child decides they don't want to be a member of the team anymore.)

Not to derail this thread but I am very uncomfortable with public prayer - even as a Christian.
And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. (Matthew 6:5–8)

/end of derail

Help help you’re being oppressed

I'm not offended by public prayer. Nobody ever forced me to pray or be gay, either. It's just such a double standard that it's comical.

Then why make your initial comment?

It’s funny how you don’t see your own double standard. You can make fun of Christian beliefs and that’s just fine and logical to you, because it’s ludicrous to you to “worship a ghost”. But you can’t get behind someone’s beliefs that the a hole is an exit not an entrance?

Plenty of hypocrisy to go around on all fronts. No one, even you, are immune.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Seriously though. That's the best you can do? Seems kind of like a "you poor baby. suck it up." response.

Been, you’re really going to tell me it somehow harms you and your kids when you’ve explained to everyone that you are secular with atheist leanings?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Seriously though. That's the best you can do? Seems kind of like a "you poor baby. suck it up." response.

It’s just as easy for you to suck it up in that situation as it is for someone who’s religious convictions tell them homosexuality is a sin. No wait ... it’s probably much easier.

Been, you’re really going to tell me it somehow harms you and your kids when you’ve explained to everyone that you are secular with atheist leanings?

If you (or others) are going to complain about homosexuality being forced on you, then you should understand how a jew/muslim/atheist should feel when Christianity is forced on him/her.

Besides, you asked the question. I just answered it.

It’s just as easy for you to suck it up in that situation as it is for someone who’s religious convictions tell them homosexuality is a sin. No wait ... it’s probably much easier.

It's probably about the same. I have had no problems "sucking it up" and don't see why anyone has issues with homosexuality being out in the open as opposed to only being behind closed doors.

Then why make your initial comment?

It’s funny how you don’t see your own double standard. You can make fun of Christian beliefs and that’s just fine and logical to you, because it’s ludicrous to you to “worship a ghost”. But you can’t get behind someone’s beliefs that the a hole is an exit not an entrance?

Plenty of hypocrisy to go around on all fronts. No one, even you, are immune.

Don't you hate it when you're all pissed off and need to disagree with someone but can't quite articulate the disagreement?

Right, I can't get behind anybody's beliefs that you stated. Infuriating isn't it when people aren't binary?

If you (or others) are going to complain about homosexuality being forced on you, then you should understand how a jew/muslim/atheist should feel when Christianity is forced on him/her.

Besides, you asked the question. I just answered it.

Forced? Again I think you’re going to have to give me examples. When I went to Jamaica and witnessed a Rastafarian service was it forced on me? If you go to Morocco and hear the call to Muslim prayer, are you going to get triggered?

You can let all that slough off of you or vehemently disagree with it and face zero repercussions. When a Christian or just someone who thinks homosexuality is wrong voices that opinion, they are bigots homophobes and less than human.

I have gay friends and relatives. I love them all. I believe they have the right to life and happiness just like anyone. As long as it doesn’t infringe on someone else’s happiness. Same for me and same for you. If you, as a Jew, we’re forced to agree with Christianity, you’d have a point. If you believed eating pork was a sin, but you were forced to worship the swine, you’d have a point.

Blah blah. I’ve got work to do.

Cake bakery case. Teaching homosexuality as an option to kindergarteners in public schools. Using public property for gay pride parades. Flying rainbow flags on government buildings that are co owned by people who find it immoral.

Don't forget compelled use of made up pronouns. That's how Jordan Peterson became famous - by defying a law like that in Canada.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Forced? Again I think you’re going to have to give me examples. When I went to Jamaica and witnessed a Rastafarian service was it forced on me? If you go to Morocco and hear the call to Muslim prayer, are you going to get triggered?
Again, this in in the context of people complaining about rainbow flags being flown from government buildings.

Not sure how you can think that same sex sex is OK then, but I'd be interested to hear.
Is a sin always a sin? Or does context matter? It’s a good theological question.

Thou shall not kill. But we don’t say the person who killed a home intruder sinned. Why? Because context matters.

Thousands of years ago in order to preserve the human race people needed to procreate. That’s no longer the case. If a significant portion of the population doesn’t have children then it isn’t going to matter. So, the sins associated with that no longer matter.

I can’t reconcile in my heart that God would make a person attracted to the same gender sexually and then call the act of consummating that love a sin. A loving God to me doesn’t do that to someone.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Don't forget compelled use of made up pronouns. That's how Jordan Peterson became famous - by defying a law like that in Canada.
You shouldn’t be forced legally to comply with the preferred gender pronoun one wants to be referred by. But you should WANT to out of love and respect for that person.

If someone is uncomfortable being referred to as a male, why continue to call them a male? Out of your own personal pride or sense of morality? Or are you injuring that person intentionally. To me that’s a sin.

I think the outrage machine has your side just as worked up as the other side.

There are always going to be a couple jerks on the polar extremes of any issue.

The insincerity comes when one side refuses to acknowledge the existence of their own fringe elements, yet presents the other side as being composed entirely of its outliers.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Is a sin always a sin? Or does context matter? It’s a good theological question.

Thou shall not kill. But we don’t say the person who killed a home intruder sinned. Why? Because context matters.

Thousands of years ago in order to preserve the human race people needed to procreate. That’s no longer the case. If a significant portion of the population doesn’t have children then it isn’t going to matter. So, the sins associated with that no longer matter.

I can’t reconcile in my heart that God would make a person attracted to the same gender sexually and then call the act of consummating that love a sin. A loving God to me doesn’t do that to someone.
Surely if you can be so reasonable on gay sex you realize that much of Genesis is folklore.

You shouldn’t be forced legally to comply with the preferred gender pronoun one wants to be referred by. But you should WANT to out of love and respect for that person.

If someone is uncomfortable being referred to as a male, why continue to call them a male? Out of your own personal pride or sense of morality? Or are you injuring that person intentionally. To me that’s a sin.

I'm a fan of your ability to combine your religious beliefs with basic critical thinking and empathy. The world would be a better place if more humans showed the ability to function this way, regardless of religious affiliation.

058098-F3-68-DC-452-F-B580-AC61-D945-B4-CE.jpg

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...wife-Karlie-Kloss-six-years-wasnt-Jewish.html

No one cares.

Agree 100% - but with so many made up genders and species people declare themselves to be, I can't keep up with complicated rules before I've met someone and choose to show them the human respect of referring to them how they want to be called. Compelled speech featuring made up pronouns is anti-free speech.

My new motto" "Parades for everyone!"

To be clear. I am a western supremacist and an individualist over the collective kind of guy. I think gays have every right in the world to get divorced and be miserable, just like everyone else. I'm all about a colorblind meritocracy who doesn't nose around in other people's bedrooms, but having said all that....

Parades are gay.

I guess that's ironic.

Why do you feel the need to make a reasonable discussion/debate unreasonably confrontational?

I used to ask myself this all the time.

Now I ask myself this....never.

It's just his way.

I'm not offended by public prayer. Nobody ever forced me to pray or be gay, either. It's just such a double standard that it's comical. Here Chrisitans want their monuments, art, commandments, slogans, prayers, tv stations, radio stations, t-shirts everywhere and then complain when someone else evangelizes THEIR lifestyle.
Is it your position that Christians are being unreasonable?

What would constitute reasonable behavior?

Reactions: MegaPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT