ADVERTISEMENT

Jobs report… US adds 528k jobs!

Yeah we really believe those numbers lol. kinda like the inflation numbers,, it's not what we see in the real world. Besides, replacing jobs the government took away during the Covid BS and some of those getting back to work is not adding jobs sorry

Yeah we really believe those numbers lol. kinda like the inflation numbers,, it's not what we see in the real world. Besides, replacing jobs the government took away during the Covid BS and some of those getting back to work is not adding jobs sorry
Are you seriously this dumb?

Reactions: 22LR
Will almost say the unemployment numbers could be right- seems like way more are not working I don't believe them- but people absolutely cannot hire so with that I kind of do.

Why is there not a ton of people looking for jobs - are they selling MJ on the black market?!
I Mean It's a serious question- places
Cannot hire at all

Are you seriously this dumb?
Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Which one is Corndog and which one is Clinton?

Wal Mart didn't get the Memo

Walmart is laying off workers in the face of the tougher economic conditions that are stunting the retailer's growth. About 200 people will lose their jobs. The cuts come just days after the company reported a rather pessimistic financial outlook for the rest of 2022.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/03/walmart-lays-off-corporate-employees-after-slashing-forecast.html
Yeah. A little concerned with quite a few companies announcing layoffs recently. Oracle, Verizon, Robin hood, Tesla, and more

Are we forgetting out Laborer Participation Rate?
Its actually the measure I watch as I listen to politicians say we've recovered from the Covid. We're still 1.2% below the February 2020 reading (pre-Covid). As long as that's the case, spikes in job market growth, such as we had this month, aren't as informative in regards to the overall economy strength, in my opinion, as it simply reflects pulling previously working individuals (pre-Covid) back into the labor market rather than actual expansion of the labor market.

Edit: One addition. This number does basically guarantee that we see a .75% rate hike in Sept, so plan accordingly.

Something doesn’t smell right about this report. Normally we have an indication when a report will be good or bad but not this time. Everyone was surprised.
Hopefully the numbers are accurate and people are really going back to work but I suspect we will see the numbers revised downwards in the next couple of months.

Walmart is laying off workers in the face of the tougher economic conditions that are stunting the retailer's growth. About 200 people will lose their jobs. The cuts come just days after the company reported a rather pessimistic financial outlook for the rest of 2022.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/03/walmart-lays-off-corporate-employees-after-slashing-forecast.html

200 jobs?…..they have 1.6 million employees. They probably have more than that quit or die each day.

Reactions: ClintonDavidScott

An economist in March on Fox Business said we'll see a day when consumers are buying food and gasoline because of Brandon's inflationary tidal wave. I believe Walmart just got the memo.

Something doesn’t smell right about this report. Normally we have an indication when a report will be good or bad but not this time. Everyone was surprised.
Hopefully the numbers are accurate and people are really going back to work but I suspect we will see the numbers revised downwards in the next couple of months.
They will revise the numbers November 15. The government will then find a calculation error and the numbers will drop. Happened during the Obama years, expect that here.

The labor market is still off about 6 mil jobs from previous pandemic. This is like celebrating gas prices that are still double what they were pre Biden, but the gas dropped 40 cents. Don't look at what is happening on the world oil stage though. Those prices are going to sky rocket back up. I expect that in Nov as well.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
They will revise the numbers November 15. The government will then find a calculation error and the numbers will drop. Happened during the Obama years, expect that here.

The labor market is still off about 6 mil jobs from previous pandemic. This is like celebrating gas prices that are still double what they were pre Biden, but the gas dropped 40 cents. Don't look at what is happening on the world oil stage though. Those prices are going to sky rocket back up. I expect that in Nov as well.
Cooking the books, juggling the numbers is practiced by every administration regardless of party affiliation. They all lie as easily and often as they breathe. No one should ever trust a single thing that comes out of any of their mouths.

Cooking the books, juggling the numbers is practiced by every administration regardless of party affiliation. They all lie as easily and often as they breathe. No one should ever trust a single thing that comes out of any of their mouths.

I think most of those that pay attention understand that but it seems when a Democrat is in office those numbers are mostly revised downward but when Trump was in office those same numbers were revised upwards. Not allows but it was something I noticed.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
As I said something didn’t smell right about this report. Once you have a chance to look at the details of the report it’s clear it’s not a ringing endorsement of a good economy.

2012Bearcat once defined math's simplest equation on these pages. Without Bearcat's memo, his opponent has no clue about smell test. Be real, SBI. With Bearcat's memo, the board's slow 10 still doesn't have a clue.

Isn’t it sad that people in this country have been lied to so much by the government, the media that reports on government and the leaders of that government we question much of what comes out of al of them.
No what is hilarious is how you believe any bad news that comes from our government since January 20, 2021 while questioning any of the good news.

I wonder why that is??

No what is hilarious is how you believe any bad news that comes from our government since January 20, 2021 while questioning any of the good news.

I wonder why that is??
My apologies for pointing out the jobs report is not a indication of a great economy. Hell the White House is blaming teenagers for the labor participation rate. LMAO

My apologies for pointing out the jobs report is not a indication of a great economy.
This isn't what you pointed out. You questioned the legitimacy of the numbers.

But yes, you have to question the numbers because it is good economic news and you can't bring yourself to believe any good economic news right now. You want to argue (and believe) everything is horrible with our economy so you can blame a Democratic President.

It is all about partisan politics with you. As always, you are very predictable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT