ADVERTISEMENT

I would consider this encouraging, regarding Covid-19 and "herd immunity".

And completely common sense, very much in line with what doctors and scientists have known about disease and immunity for 100 years.

That said, it will be roundly ignored and denied by Fauci and the MSM for reasons I still cannot comprehend.
Tons, you're a smart individual. I bet you can come up with at least one or two reasons. fauci isn't any different than many others. they lean to whoever butters their bread.

Reactions: ornge
i wear a mask. and wouldn't not wear one in public. only because i don't want to be the person that may infect someone else. will get vaccine when eligible too.
Pretty simple, right?

And completely common sense, very much in line with what doctors and scientists have known about disease and immunity for 100 years.

That said, it will be roundly ignored and denied by Fauci and the MSM for reasons I still cannot comprehend.

Simple explanation....Another tool in the arsenal to facilitate directional change in this country Fauci is simply another talking head being paid a huge sum of money to foster hysterical process. MSM speaks for itself, the advertising dollar paid by HUGE democrat money has dictated path forward.

source.gif

If there is no push back we will wear them forever and never open back up bc it’s just “safer.”

The logic to wear masks forever is definitely going to be there. I mean 10s of thousands of people die from other respiratory viruses every year, including small children and babies. Why not wear a mask (or two) to stop those if they really work so well?

However, once covid deaths and cases plummet to really low levels, people are simply going to just stop wearing them I predict.

Reactions: squeak
So this snowstorm most of us have dealt with....It'll be over a week where most people just stay and hunker down...Should help with the people not getting tested, but getting over it as well.

FWIW: When President Trump was in office, Mother Nature knew not to mess with oil country....Coincidence? I think not.

It's behind a paywall, but it's still an opinion piece. Let's not pretend it's gospel.
sorry that its behind paywall. but yes it is opinion, but backed by substantial facts. also, it states right in the headline in blue that it's an opinion.

NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, Yahoo News

Welcome to everyone's version except the argumentative and the lightly informed.

WSJ has gone its own way for 50 years, particularly the past 5. If it's behind a paywall, it's not MAINSTREAM now is it?
in his defense (???) its from WSJ's online version. but would include NYT's and WaPO as a MSM (what a load of crap newspaper that is!)

Welcome to everyone's version except the argumentative and the lightly informed.

WSJ has gone its own way for 50 years, particularly the past 5. If it's behind a paywall, it's not MAINSTREAM now is it?
I guess I must be among the "lightly informed", my journalism degree and 30+ years in the communications business notwithstanding. I would say mainstream media includes all the broadcast networks, all the cable news networks including Fox (though I personally believe these aren't news organizations as much anymore, but more of opinion networks much like the news magazines transitioned to opinion magazines in the 1990's), and certain national-type publications such as the WSJ, NY Times and Washington Post. Now if your point is that most of this group has a more liberal/Democratic tilt, then I believe you would be accurate. But I wouldn't change the definition of mainstream media to fit your argument.

I guess I must be among the "lightly informed", my journalism degree and 30+ years in the communications business notwithstanding. I would say mainstream media includes all the broadcast networks, all the cable news networks including Fox (though I personally believe these aren't news organizations as much anymore, but more of opinion networks much like the news magazines transitioned to opinion magazines in the 1990's), and certain national-type publications such as the WSJ, NY Times and Washington Post. Now if your point is that most of this group has a more liberal/Democratic tilt, then I believe you would be accurate. But I wouldn't change the definition of mainstream media to fit your argument.
you know what, that's your opinion. regardless of what field you work in professionally or have worked.

The logic to wear masks forever is definitely going to be there. I mean 10s of thousands of people die from other respiratory viruses every year, including small children and babies. Why not wear a mask (or two) to stop those if they really work so well?

However, once covid deaths and cases plummet to really low levels, people are simply going to just stop wearing them I predict.
The appropriate thing to do is to let the market decide. People at risk can mask up and/or go places where they are comfortable from a risk perspective.

The New York Times and WaPo’s online presence also has a paywall model. Didn’t want you to be lightly informed.

So newspapers are not mainstream? Mainstream is TV? ABC, CBS, and others are mainstream but Fox isn’t mainstream?

Reactions: osuintx
Simplest explanation we stopped doing as many stupid things in the last six weeks. i.e.. the holiday surge has played out. Secondly when people start seeing 4,000 people a day dying they tend to change there behavior. Older people I know in particular have been much more carful the past couple of months. With the vaccine coming out I think people see the light at the end of the tunnel and don't wat to be the dumbass that died two weeks before they could had gotten vaccinated. We should start seeing a dramatic drop in deaths over the next few weeks.

Simplest explanation we stopped doing as many stupid things in the last six weeks. i.e.. the holiday surge has played out. Secondly when people start seeing 4,000 people a day dying they tend to change there behavior. Older people I know in particular have been much more carful the past couple of months. With the vaccine coming out I think people see the light at the end of the tunnel and don't wat to be the dumbass that died two weeks before they could had gotten vaccinated. We should start seeing a dramatic drop in deaths over the next few weeks.

Way to much logic here. Experts said it would be bad over Thanksgiving and Christmas because of mass gatherings. Turns out they may actually know a few things. I remember in one of the early COVID threads people saying Fauci was “Fear Mongering” when he said there would be millions of cases and deaths in the hundreds of thousands. I think he said that in March or April.

No joke. Little FAKE reminds me of Red Roberta. I had Covid in December and got first vaccine shot. Let’s roll. California shutdown and Florida didn’t and guess which state has the bigger problem? Florida also took care of the nursing homes. Cuomo should be in prison.

Reactions: ornge and AC2020

I live in Boulder county where liberals breed like rabbits. I have not observed this so-called behavior you cite, even here where one would most expect it.

Correlation is not causation no matter how much all the lockdown proponents wish it to be. There have been articles written by very well credentialed folks (months ago) who predicted that herd immunity was closer than the loudest (mostly dire) voices were claiming. When you add in vaccination and various other factors related to the bad data associated with positive test results, a steep decline in ‘cases’ was imminently predictable.

The hubris involved in proclaiming that we can control a virus like this before a vaccine is pretty amazing to me.

Maybe. I think others have also said f it since the holidays. I had some friends that were less social than usual during the holidays. Also a chance that so many more people have the antibodies. Could be the T cell group is much larger than thought. Could be dumb luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT