ADVERTISEMENT

Cannabis and COVID.

SquatchinPoke

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2021
In a recent study conducted by researchers at Dalhousie University in Canada, cannabis and its compounds have emerged as potential allies in the fight against COVID-19.

Published in the Journal of Clinical Medicine, the study explored the preventive and therapeutic capabilities of cannabinoids in both the early and post-infection stages of the disease.

The research revealed that cannabinoids exhibit the ability to impede viral entry, reduce oxidative stress and alleviate the cytokine storm associated with early COVID-19 infections, which suggested a potential role for cannabis in limiting the ‘susceptibility and severity’ of the virus.

Drop The Mic GIF by One Chicago

In a recent study conducted by researchers at Dalhousie University in Canada, cannabis and its compounds have emerged as potential allies in the fight against COVID-19.

Published in the Journal of Clinical Medicine, the study explored the preventive and therapeutic capabilities of cannabinoids in both the early and post-infection stages of the disease.

The research revealed that cannabinoids exhibit the ability to impede viral entry, reduce oxidative stress and alleviate the cytokine storm associated with early COVID-19 infections, which suggested a potential role for cannabis in limiting the ‘susceptibility and severity’ of the virus.

Drop The Mic GIF by One Chicago
I would like to hear @Corndog2021's opinion on this. Looks like he is permanently gone.

Dude should've gone with the indica. Obviously favored the sativas.
I only smoke Sativa's. I have a sativa that is the most enlighten high you will ever have. HI and Thai mix. I have also smoked an indica that gave me the worst paranoia I have ever experienced. (I didn't think I was going to get out of the woods and night hit)

Never smoke a weed if you don't agree with the smell. If you get a pleasant smell, then you should enjoy the high.

I only smoke Sativa's. I have a sativa that is the most enlighten high you will ever have. HI and Thai mix. I have also smoked an indica that gave me the worst paranoia I have ever experienced. (I didn't think I was going to get out of the woods and night hit)

Never smoke a weed if you don't agree with the smell. If you get a pleasant smell, then you should enjoy the high.
Thanks for the schoolin'! My 61 year old ass can't smoke anymore, so I consume sativa/indica/hybrid gummies made with Rick Simpson Oil.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Thanks for the schoolin'! My 61 year old ass can't smoke anymore, so I consume sativa/indica/hybrid gummies made with Rick Simpson Oil.
Really it’s the healthiest form of taking it. I am just a smoker at heart who gave up tobacco 11 years ago so I still enjoy a palm leaf wrap blunt. I have a cigar box and it’s nothing but Js. I buy a half ounce when I like something roll it and save it back. I might get to smoke a joint of blizzy once every couple weeks now. I am like a pot squirrel.

Really it’s the healthiest form of taking it. I am just a smoker at heart who gave up tobacco 11 years ago so I still enjoy a palm leaf wrap blunt. I have a cigar box and it’s nothing but Js. I buy a half ounce when I like something roll it and save it back. I might get to smoke a joint of blizzy once every couple weeks now. I am like a pot squirrel.
Squatch and Marocain out driving around town.

I gotta say it's nice to go out in public with a fresh high and not have the weed smell wafting off of me.

If you had told me 30 years ago that today I could walk into a shop in Ann Arbor and walk out with six months worth of strong, edible, cannabinoids all for around $100 I'd have thought you were crazy!

Last edited:
I gotta say it's nice to go out in public with a fresh high and not have the weed smell wafting off of me.

If you had told me 30 years ago that today I could walk into a shop in Ann Arbor and walk out with six months worth of strong, edible, cannabinoids all for around $100 I'd have thought you were crazy!
I couldn’t get a tat in Oklahoma at 18 but somehow they jumped right out in front on medical pot. I would never have dreamed this 22 years ago.

• Love
Reactions: Marocain Poke
It's a shame about recreational. I was shocked about how soundly it was defeated.
It’s the illegal grows giving the good one bad names. I am an avid outdoorsman and always have been and some of these guys are just trashing rural areas. I think most wanted this slowed till they could actually get enforcement caught up. I personally like how vetted the medical stuff has to be. I smoked Mexican weed for over 15 years and no telling what they put in that stuff. I do miss the brick bailers though. Nothing like a fresh pressed one pound green brick. Lol

It’s the illegal grows giving the good one bad names. I am an avid outdoorsman and always have been and some of these guys are just trashing rural areas. I think most wanted this slowed till they could actually get enforcement caught up. I personally like how vetted the medical stuff has to be. I smoked Mexican weed for over 15 years and no telling what they put in that stuff. I do miss the brick bailers though. Nothing like a fresh pressed one pound green brick. Lol
Yeah it's alarming. I am wrong in presuming the Chinese have a hand in this? No respect for the environment or the community. If so, typical.

I do have memories of breaking apart those QPs of Oaxacan. I thought that stuff was THE BEST! Today's is not your grandpa's brick...wait, I'm a grandpa... :D

Reactions: SquatchinPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT