ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

This .... THIS. The kid wrestles angry with a chip on his shoulder. He's 100% quick and strong enough.

He has a nasty streak and it gets amplified. The way he wrestled at WNO struck me as he planned to decommit from Michigan for months for recruiting a more physically talented heavy but he first planned to destroy that kid and he did.

He would jump levels with DT and Merrill as a daily drilling partner.
Watching him dismantle Sahakian was an eye opener to me. Sahakian is a monster and Correa just big brothered him. Merrill wrestled Sahakian in the Cali state finals and only got 1 td i believe.

Hey now, that got my now wife to swipe right on me. 60% of the time it works every time.
my-man-my-man-denzel.gif

Watching him dismantle Sahakian was an eye opener to me. Sahakian is a monster and Correa just big brothered him. Merrill wrestled Sahakian in the Cali state finals and only got 1 td i believe.
Another thing to consider ... the dude has the face of a middle schooler still ... ultimate baby faced assassin. Could be a sign he's going to get even stronger and quicker than he already is.

Reactions: tom_v31
100% the case since Sahakian committed to Michigan. Like I said, it seems Correa knew he was decommitting since that day but wanted to let Michigan know what they were missing first.

Major power move to say the least.
Michigan lit the match, so the fire is their problem. I also think OSU is a completely different animal than when he was in recruitment. For guys that like structure in which to grow, guys like DT and Cael are ideal. Not that other teams don't have structure, but I don't think it's the culture like it is here now.

We have a guy committed that took Correa into double OT last December - Kruz Goff from Blackwell. He doesn't wrestle in national events but I believe he has a high ceiling.

Exceptional athlete with a good pedigree. Dad and Uncle were college football players. Uncle was a D1 AA for the Naval Academy. Grandpa was an NFL football player.

We have a guy committed that took Correa into double OT last December - Kruz Goff from Blackwell. He doesn't wrestle in national events but I believe he has a high ceiling.

Exceptional athlete with a good pedigree. Dad and Uncle were college football players. Uncle was a D1 AA for the Naval Academy. Grandpa was an NFL football player.
Super talented for sure… I’ve just heard a lot of concerning things about his level of dedication.

Here’s hoping DTs culture turns him into a freak

To me the question is how tall is he? Guys like Carroll and Merrill are to short for heavy imo. They're both shorter than Feldman by a couple inches at least I think. They'd win a lot of matches, dont get me wrong but Carroll wrestled at heavy his RS year and wanted no more of that sh/t whatsoever. Shorter guys do have a disadvantage at heavy to an extent. AA? Absolutely possible but whens the last time there was a 5'9 Natty Champ at heavy? Some will call me crazy and Willie might we'll call me a dumbass (I'm cool with it and welcome your opinion) but these are just my thoughts.

Now if Correa is as tall as Feldman or taller than I'm in.
I know Snyder won as a tweener and most HWTs are getting lighter and more athletic. Strength, technique and agility can go a long way, but I see your point

Ultimate sign DT is rising fast and here to stay: Iowa board posters are confident that the only way DT is landing these recruits is because he pays them more than anyone else. He has literally nothing else to offer them. Not his wrestling pedigree, not bringing in the winning Cael system but applying it to reviving a historic program and certainly not the RTC he is working left and right to build. These kids are can only be motivated by a pay day.

Ultimate sign DT is rising fast and here to stay: Iowa board posters are confident that the only way DT is landing these recruits is because he pays them more than anyone else. He has literally nothing else to offer them. Not his wrestling pedigree, not bringing in the winning Cael training system but applying it to reviving a historic program and certainly not the RTC he is working left and right to build. These kids are can only be motivated by a pay day.
I am 90% sure we are not offering them more than the Iowa guy.

Last edited:
We have not needed the money other than just to make college affordable. Nobody is getting a lifetime payday to my knowledge.
I don’t think many kids, even the really great ones are getting anywhere near what’s been thrown out there. Starocci included (1.3 million for 1 year? Doubt it. 500k for a 4x NC I would buy).

Ultimate sign DT is rising fast and here to stay: Iowa board posters are confident that the only way DT is landing these recruits is because he pays them more than anyone else. He has literally nothing else to offer them. Not his wrestling pedigree, not bringing in the winning Cael system but applying it to reviving a historic program and certainly not the RTC he is working left and right to build. These kids are can only be motivated by a pay day.
Thats hilarious. Love to hear the iowa board sweating it lmao. The hawk tuas are hating life because they're not sure who their slum lord can buy next year.

Sergio Vega decided to wrestle for one of the best wrestlers ever, be MUCH closer to home, workout w/ RBY who he probably idolized for several years and get in one of the best lighter weight rooms in the country. But, its about the money smdh :rolleyes:.

Thats hilarious. Love to hear the iowa board sweating it lmao. The hawk tuas are hating life because they're not sure who their slum lord can buy next year.

Sergio Vega decided to wrestle for one of the best wrestlers ever, be MUCH closer to home, workout w/ RBY who he probably idolized for several years and get in one of the best lighter weight rooms in the country. But, its about the money smdh :rolleyes:.
I hope we can get Ross just to see how much they’d lose their $hit.

A lot of talk over on the Iowa board accusing DT of tampering. Vega never signed his letter right, so no tampering there. They are some hateful people over there, even after landing all the transfers that they did this year.

A lot of talk over on the Iowa board accusing DT of tampering. Vega never signed his letter right, so no tampering there. They are some hateful people over there, even after landing all the transfers that they did this year.
You are correct, nothing was signed. And iowa fans accusing anyone of tampering is incredibly laughable. Its simple boys, they can see the writing on the wall and their worst fears are becoming a reality. :cool:

No more NLI - just financial aid and revenue share agreements now.

I personally think if Dee was going to flip he would of done so by now, especially with all the changes that took place post his commitment. It would take a lot of suspect things to occur for him to jump ship now. Take into account all the top recruits we have landed in the last 3 months and that can only be more solidifying for his doubts (if there are any). Also think we are much better positioned to get Jax if Dee is still committed as those two are close.

I personally think if Dee was going to flip he would have done so by now, especially with all the changes that took place post his commitment. It would take a lot of suspect things to occur for him to jump ship now. Take into account all the top recruits we have landed in the last 3 months and that can only be more solidifying for his doubts (if there are any). Also think we are much better positioned to get Jax if Dee is still committed as those two are close.
He’s close with Bassett too I believe

Reactions: AtownPoke
I personally think if Dee was going to flip he would have done so by now, especially with all the changes that took place post his commitment. It would take a lot of suspect things to occur for him to jump ship now. Take into account all the top recruits we have landed in the last 3 months and that can only be more solidifying for his doubts (if there are any). Also think we are much better positioned to get Jax if Dee is still committed as those two are close.
I think he’s very very solid and I don’t think Flo was insinuating otherwise… theyre just pointing out that the Iowa’s are still giving it their all.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
I personally think if Dee was going to flip he would of done so by now, especially with all the changes that took place post his commitment. It would take a lot of suspect things to occur for him to jump ship now. Take into account all the top recruits we have landed in the last 3 months and that can only be more solidifying for his doubts (if there are any). Also think we are much better positioned to get Jax if Dee is still committed as those two are close.
I agree with every part of your post. The guys DT wanted to keep and who have bought into the system are still in Stillwater. On top of that, DT has had a quietly really good recruiting summer. OSU is now getting second looks by recruits, and that wasn't true in the past.

Love this strategy by Iowa and think they should definitely keep it up. Use time and resources courting Lockett instead of other top kids who are actually feasible to land.

Love this strategy by Iowa and think they should definitely keep it up. Use time and resources courting Lockett instead of other top kids who are actually feasible to land.
The angst the Iowa fans are probably feeling is that DT and OSU are going to leap past them in 2-3 years and then going forward until well after Brands retires in 5 years. Brands' coaching philosophy, whether true or untrue, is generally seen as archaic to the new generation of wrestling who grew up wrestling at clubs that often teach the same practice style as PSU and now OSU.

The angst the Iowa fans are probably feeling is that DT and OSU are going to leap past them in 2-3 years and then going forward until post-Brands in 5 years. Brands' coaching philosophy, whether true or untrue, is generally seen as archaic to the new generation of wrestling who grew up wrestling at clubs that often teach the same practice style as PSU and now OSU.
There actually was a good bit of Iowa fans who thought DT going to Ok State somehow benefitted them. Their logic is DT would only take wrestlers that PSU is after which magically allows Iowa to close the gap on PSU. What they're actually seeing right now is PSU isn't falling back to the pack but instead DT is forcibly closing the gap. They are right about one thing, DT will get some top kids Cael is all in for and vice versa. Like I said yesterday, I truly believe the chess match between the two is developing "A Class" level kids and not just winning "S Class" recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT