ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

This .... THIS. The kid wrestles angry with a chip on his shoulder. He's 100% quick and strong enough.

He has a nasty streak and it gets amplified. The way he wrestled at WNO struck me as he planned to decommit from Michigan for months for recruiting a more physically talented heavy but he first planned to destroy that kid and he did.

He would jump levels with DT and Merrill as a daily drilling partner.
Watching him dismantle Sahakian was an eye opener to me. Sahakian is a monster and Correa just big brothered him. Merrill wrestled Sahakian in the Cali state finals and only got 1 td i believe.

Hey now, that got my now wife to swipe right on me. 60% of the time it works every time.
my-man-my-man-denzel.gif

Watching him dismantle Sahakian was an eye opener to me. Sahakian is a monster and Correa just big brothered him. Merrill wrestled Sahakian in the Cali state finals and only got 1 td i believe.
Another thing to consider ... the dude has the face of a middle schooler still ... ultimate baby faced assassin. Could be a sign he's going to get even stronger and quicker than he already is.

Reactions: tom_v31
Other than Vega, anyone know who was in town this last weekend? Whos coming in 2 weekends (DT mentioned in his Flo interview)

His original OVs were to Michigan, PSU, Illinois and Purdue

I think the ship sailed for PSU if the kid didn't pick the first go around, nothing has changed about PSU since last Fall
I was referring to this summer. He was rumored to be someone less committed than it seemed.

100% the case since Sahakian committed to Michigan. Like I said, it seems Correa knew he was decommitting since that day but wanted to let Michigan know what they were missing first.

Major power move to say the least.
Michigan lit the match, so the fire is their problem. I also think OSU is a completely different animal than when he was in recruitment. For guys that like structure in which to grow, guys like DT and Cael are ideal. Not that other teams don't have structure, but I don't think it's the culture like it is here now.

We have a guy committed that took Correa into double OT last December - Kruz Goff from Blackwell. He doesn't wrestle in national events but I believe he has a high ceiling.

Exceptional athlete with a good pedigree. Dad and Uncle were college football players. Uncle was a D1 AA for the Naval Academy. Grandpa was an NFL football player.

We have a guy committed that took Correa into double OT last December - Kruz Goff from Blackwell. He doesn't wrestle in national events but I believe he has a high ceiling.

Exceptional athlete with a good pedigree. Dad and Uncle were college football players. Uncle was a D1 AA for the Naval Academy. Grandpa was an NFL football player.
Super talented for sure… I’ve just heard a lot of concerning things about his level of dedication.

Here’s hoping DTs culture turns him into a freak

To me the question is how tall is he? Guys like Carroll and Merrill are to short for heavy imo. They're both shorter than Feldman by a couple inches at least I think. They'd win a lot of matches, dont get me wrong but Carroll wrestled at heavy his RS year and wanted no more of that sh/t whatsoever. Shorter guys do have a disadvantage at heavy to an extent. AA? Absolutely possible but whens the last time there was a 5'9 Natty Champ at heavy? Some will call me crazy and Willie might we'll call me a dumbass (I'm cool with it and welcome your opinion) but these are just my thoughts.

Now if Correa is as tall as Feldman or taller than I'm in.
I know Snyder won as a tweener and most HWTs are getting lighter and more athletic. Strength, technique and agility can go a long way, but I see your point

Ultimate sign DT is rising fast and here to stay: Iowa board posters are confident that the only way DT is landing these recruits is because he pays them more than anyone else. He has literally nothing else to offer them. Not his wrestling pedigree, not bringing in the winning Cael system but applying it to reviving a historic program and certainly not the RTC he is working left and right to build. These kids are can only be motivated by a pay day.

Ultimate sign DT is rising fast and here to stay: Iowa board posters are confident that the only way DT is landing these recruits is because he pays them more than anyone else. He has literally nothing else to offer them. Not his wrestling pedigree, not bringing in the winning Cael training system but applying it to reviving a historic program and certainly not the RTC he is working left and right to build. These kids are can only be motivated by a pay day.
I 90% sure we are not offering them more than the Iowa guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT