ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

Love all the excitement surrounding recruiting, trust me I'm jacked, but lets not sleep on our current young guys on the roster. Hughes & Merrill will be in the lineup for the next 4-5 years and I think Brayden Thompson will make big jumps next year with being on the mat so much with DT and this is coming from someone who has been very critical on him. It will say a lot of these guys can hold down their weights during their time here.

My updated future lineup:

125: Rocklin Zinkin (eventually Villasenor)
133: Jax Forrest
141: Sergio Vega
149: Bo Bassett
157: Landon Robideau
165: Kody Routledge
174: Dee Lockett
184: Adam Waters or Aaron Stewart
197: Cody Merill
HWT: Deshaun Ross or Michael Mocco
I thought Mesenbrink would be able to find his way into the starting lineup ... but maybe not.

Love all the excitement surrounding recruiting, trust me I'm jacked, but lets not sleep on our current young guys on the roster. Hughes & Merrill will be in the lineup for the next 4-5 years and I think Brayden Thompson will make big jumps next year with being on the mat so much with DT and this is coming from someone who has been very critical on him. It will say a lot of these guys can hold down their weights during their time here.
I agree, but you don’t recruit 10 for 4/5.

You recruit to create BOOMS in your lineup with the goal to have 10 of them.

Reactions: AtownPoke
The truth is that this roster will look much different by this time next year. The new roster limits mixed with our massive ‘25 class means that a lot of guys are going to have to hit the road. The cream will rise and the rest will get processed

The truth is that this roster will look much different by this time next year. The new roster limits mixed with our massive ‘25 class means that a lot of guys are going to have to hit the road. The dream will rise and the rest will get processed
Next years class is too big given the changes. Will need some grey shirts and work with RTC and even with that, could lose a few.

Next years class is too big given the changes. Will need some grey shirts and work with RTC and even with that, could lose a few.
I don’t know the exact plan but we’re at 37 now with 7 seniors and 12 commits in ‘25. Getting to 30 means we have to cut 12

The truth is that this roster will look much different by this time next year. The new roster limits mixed with our massive ‘25 class means that a lot of guys are going to have to hit the road. The cream will rise and the rest will get processed
The truth is we have a dozen wrestlers on the current roster that will never wrestle for the team as a 1st or second team wrestler. So if they have to cut wrestlers it can be done without much cost (except to the wrestler getting cut). I have not been paying attention to roster limits so I did not know the limit would be 30. Speaking of roster I still do not see Sakamoto or hear if he is in the room, how he competes. I remember how highly Coach Smith talked about him and down the road he could be our 25 or 33 pound wrestler if he is eligible and adjusts to folkstyle wrestling.

Reactions: AtownPoke
My updated future lineup:

125: Rocklin Zinkin (eventually Villasenor)
133: Jax Forrest
141: Sergio Vega
149: Bo Bassett
157: Landon Robideau
165: Kody Routledge
174: Dee Lockett
184: Adam Waters or Aaron Stewart
197: Cody Merill
HWT: Deshaun Ross or Michael Mocco
Great lineup! But…

I don’t think Jax stays around 33, Robido stays at 57 and Dee can bounce from 74-84 with 97 being an option.

If those names are our lineup, we’re a problem!

The truth is we have a dozen wrestlers on the current roster that will never wrestle for the team as a 1st or second team wrestler. So if they have to cut wrestlers it can be done without much cost (except to the wrestler getting cut). I have not been paying attention to roster limits so I did not know the limit would be 30. Speaking of roster I still do not see Sakamoto or hear if he is in the room, how he competes. I remember how highly Coach Smith talked about him and down the road he could be our 25 or 33 pound wrestler if he is eligible and adjusts to folkstyle wrestling.
I don’t disagree. I’m just saying that it’s big numbers that have to go. A lot of the guys in Johns class (Goff, Teague, Ish, Hickman etc) plus starter level guys who just can’t seem to get it going may find themselves on the wrong end of things pretty quick because the way DT is recruiting, the ‘26 class could get big too if he thinks he can upgrade.

I think the number of kids Cael processed in the first two years was somewhere around 17. At least that’s the number I think I’ve heard thrown around.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT