ADVERTISEMENT

House To Vote On Abolishing The IRS And Eliminating Income Tax

We can not keep spending money we do not have, eventually that catches up to us and we all know it.
Ok. What do you propose in spending cuts? Specifics please.

Also, would you support rescinding the tax cuts for the most wealthy that contributed to our debt as part of a deal to address this issue?

Ok. What do you propose in spending cuts? Specifics please.

Also, would you support rescinding the tax cuts for the most wealthy that contributed to our debt as part of a deal to address this issue?
Kind of a complicated question that would require more time than I'm willing to spend. Lets just suffice to say everything, including Medicare and Social Security but not in the way your side of the aisle thinks. Way to many undeserving people receive benefits from Medicare and Social Security, I've seen that first hand. I would say cut defense spending as well but with China ramping up it's military for war and the fact Biden is sending many of our weapons to Ukraine I don't think that's possible but there is probably a huge amount of fraud, waste and abuse that if wiped out would effectively raise spending in that area.

QLets just suffice to say everything, including Medicare and Social Security but not in the way your side of the aisle thinks.
Sorry, cuts to Medicare and Social Security are a non-starter.

I would say cut defense spending
Now this I can get behind and you would probably have a number of Democrats who would support this. But again, do you have specifics?

It is easy for Republicans and some Democrats to yell about the debt, but when it comes time for specifics and doing what is best for the American people, it gets a lot tougher.

Also, again, would you support rescinding the tax cuts for the most wealthy that contributed to our debt as part of a deal to address this issue?

Kind of a complicated question that would require more time than I'm willing to spend. Lets just suffice to say everything, including Medicare and Social Security but not in the way your side of the aisle thinks. Way to many undeserving people receive benefits from Medicare and Social Security, I've seen that first hand. I would say cut defense spending as well but with China ramping up it's military for war and the fact Biden is sending many of our weapons to Ukraine I don't think that's possible but there is probably a huge amount of fraud, waste and abuse that if wiped out would effectively raise spending in that area.
Do you think McC is the guy to actually do something or are we replaying 2011 and the GOP Sequestration debacle all over again?

Sorry, cuts to Medicare and Social Security are a non-starter.

Now this I can get behind and you would probably have a number of Democrats who would support this. But again, do you have specifics?

It is easy for Republicans and some Democrats to yell about the debt, but when it comes time for specifics and doing what is best for the American people, it gets a lot tougher.

Also, again, would you support rescinding the tax cuts for the most wealthy that contributed to our debt as part of a deal to address this issue?
Why would cuts to Medicare and Social Security be a non starter? Do you have any idea how many people are on these programs fraudulently and just taking advantage of a overly generous program? There are whole industries based around getting undeserving people on disability and then milking the system for their own benefit.
Despite the promises made to the American people illegals can receive Medicare and Social Security. Non citizens can receive Social Security and Medicare disability. The government says these people are ineligible for these programs yet many are able to receive these benefits. I've seen it first hand with some of the pro bono work I used to do.
These programs are being abused and need major reforms.

I don't disagree with raising taxes on the wealthy but not by raising tax rates. Get rid of the tax laws that allow them to skirt paying taxes. Of course that will never happen as they own the politicians that create the laws the wealthy then take advantage of.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Do you have any idea how many people are on these programs fraudulently and just taking advantage of a overly generous program? There are whole industries based around getting undeserving people on disability and then milking the system for their own benefit.
Interesting. How do you feel about people taking advantage of understaffing at the IRS? There are whole industries based around getting underserving people breaks by taking advantage of loopholes and exploiting the under-enforcement of existing rules.

Reactions: my_2cents
Can you point us to a post where you were upset with Republicans in Congress and Trump for raising the debt limit those three times?

Just one post.
Miss You Hello GIF by Ryn Dean

I yelled at Bush for crickets sake

Interesting. How do you feel about people taking advantage of understaffing at the IRS? There are whole industries based around getting underserving people breaks by taking advantage of loopholes and exploiting the under-enforcement of existing rules.
Have you gone rogue comedian on us? You need to work on your presentation. Understaffed IRS was pretty funny. But it went downhill from there.

Have you gone rogue comedian on us? You need to work on your presentation. Understaffed IRS was pretty funny. But it went downhill from there.

Dave loves the IRS, he has even said he could pay a bit more in taxes. Do you think he has written the check yet?
Dave are you using loopholes or do you just feel like you aren't paying enough and are getting a great deal?

2/3rds support or no?
If the full details of the bill rather than just the leftist talking points were honestly discussed in the media, I'd bet 2/3rds would be for it. Paying taxes on what you spend (consumption), rather than what you earn is going to be MUCH better for the lower and middle classes.

That said, I don't think you can abolish the IRS with this. You do need an enforcement arm for the collection of sales taxes, but it could be much smaller and leaner.

Can you point us to a post where you were upset with Republicans in Congress and Trump for raising the debt limit those three times?

Just one post.
I probably could but I don't care to. The debt limit has to be raised because we've committed the spend already. My issue is that the Dems piled on 1.7T in new spending in December, yet couldn't address this then. Why is the debt ceiling not a component of the spending bills. The disassociation of the spending from the debt limit by congress (and media) is another example of government malfeasance that is completely accepted by society.

Simplify the tax code, problem solved and saves money. Damn I should be a politician.

Why would cuts to Medicare and Social Security be a non starter?
Because it is.

Now, if you want to talk about reforms that do not include spending cuts, we can have that discussion. However, cutting these programs shouldn't happen and I will not support it. Nor will the Democratic Party. And I would vote to primary any Democrat who supported such cuts.

Not to mention that it would be absolutely foolish for Republicans to try to do. But as is always the case, if you want Republicans to show their true colors to the electorate before '24, go right ahead.

I don't disagree with raising taxes on the wealthy but not by raising tax rates. Get rid of the tax laws that allow them to skirt paying taxes. Of course that will never happen as they own the politicians that create the laws the wealthy then take advantage of.
I agree we should get rid of the laws that allow them to skirt paying taxes. But I also believe we should repeal the tax cuts for the wealthy that helped contribute to the debt as part of any agreement to cut spending. It appears you won't agree to this. Am I correct?

Simplify the tax code, problem solved and saves money. Damn I should be a politician.
This is probably the best solution to get everyone what they want. Abolish the income tax and establush a sales tax. The rich pay more, and if you don't want to pay taxes at the rates they are then don't buy anything new.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
Because it is.

Now, if you want to talk about reforms that do not include spending cuts, we can have that discussion. However, cutting these programs shouldn't happen and I will not support it. Nor will the Democratic Party. And I would vote to primary any Democrat who supported such cuts.

Not to mention that it would be absolutely foolish for Republicans to try to do. But as is always the case, if you want Republicans to show their true colors to the electorate before '24, go right ahead.

I agree we should get rid of the laws that allow them to skirt paying taxes. But I also believe we should repeal the tax cuts for the wealthy that helped contribute to the debt as part of any agreement to cut spending. It appears you won't agree to this. Am I correct?
Based on your comment am I to assume you support Medicare fraud and non citizens receiving both Medicare and Social Security benefits?

The only way I would support raising the tax rates for anyone is if it went 100% towards lower the debt we are leaving our children and their future generations. I would be willing to pay more in taxes if that were the case but otherwise the government doesn't need more money, it needs less spending.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Based on your comment am I to assume you support Medicare fraud and non citizens receiving both Medicare and Social Security benefits?
I do not support Medicare fraud and I clearly stated that I have no problems discussing reforms with you. Just not spending cuts.

There are other areas we can cut spending. Hands off Medicare and Social Security.

The only way I would support raising the tax rates for anyone is if it went 100% towards lower the debt we are leaving our children and their future generations.
You got a deal. I agree as it relates to the most wealthy.

So, are you now going to call on Republicans to rescind these tax cuts? In future discussions about the debt limit, I look forward to you consistently advocating that these tax cuts should be rescinded and holding Republicans accountable on this. We will have something to agree on.

I do not support Medicare fraud and I clearly stated that I have no problems discussing reforms with you. Just not spending cuts.

There are other areas we can cut spending. Hands off Medicare and Social Security.
If we cut out the fraud, waste, abuse and illegal aliens recieving these benefits spending on them would naturally be reduced.

So, are you now going to call on Republicans to rescind these tax cuts? In future discussions about the debt limit, I look forward to you consistently advocating that these tax cuts should be rescinded and holding Republicans accountable on this. We will have something to agree on.
Nope. IMO lowering taxes increases economic output, creating more tax revenue. Raising taxes reduces economic output and that's not good for the prosperity of the American people. I don't believe people should be punished for being successful.
If you think Congress is going to raise taxes on the people that fund their campaigns you are very naive. They put some BS tax law that allows the wealthy to more than make up for any tax rate hike leaving those in the middle class to take it in the shorts.

If we cut out the fraud, waste, abuse and illegal aliens recieving these benefits spending on them would naturally be reduced.

Nope. IMO lowering taxes increases economic output, creating more tax revenue. Raising taxes reduces economic output and that's not good for the prosperity of the American people. I don't believe people should be punished for being successful.
If you think Congress is going to raise taxes on the people that fund their campaigns you are very naive. They put some BS tax law that allows the wealthy to more than make up for any tax rate hike leaving those in the middle class to take it in the shorts.
What they do is fund projects and companies that allow the wealthy to make their profits off the taxpayer largess, so they make way more than what little excess they pay.

No taxes should be paid to the cartel- taxes are theft I can't believe how many of the sheep on here still think paying extorted money from their earned income to corrupt thieves is an ok or normal thing.

If the DC or Austin or local Johnny gubmints want to have money/ then they can make it like we all do and not coerce it from the citizens- it's all of y'all's brainwashed thinking that keeps us prisoners in this country - and y'all just keep making this horrible global cartel stronger each day and their power greater each day, and our rights less each day.

It's really fascinating (and sad) how many of you can't see that- which is why both husband and wife can't afford to not work or stay home with the kids or raise a garden so we don't have to depend on their poisoned food- now it's even we can't even afford to pay bills. Oh and we have to send our kids to get indoctrinated and mistreated by them in schools to teach them to be sheep like their parents (you guys) are

Again fascinating that y'all think we are supposed to give our money to this corrupt behemoth that just waste it and enriches themselves. Very very frustrating for those of us that can see it for what it is.

The only reason they even started the taxes (mafia theft) system was for a war and said it was only temporary and now look at it with all the sheep Arguing over what is the best tax system lmao.....ZERO TAX SYSTEM THE BEST SYSTEM and it's not even an argument. But y'all carry on with your loyal tithing to the cartel

Wow, it only took you less than three hours to pull back your original support of this.🤣🤣 Just can't agree with a Democrat can you, especially if it means holding Republicans responsible? And yet, you talk about how we should try to achieve compromise.🙄

So, your solution to the debt limit so far has been to attack and cut Medicare and Social Security, maybe cut defense spending (no specifics though), but definitely a no on rescinding the tax cuts that contributed to our debt and only benefit the wealthy. Punish middle and low-income Americans while protecting the interests of the wealthy.

You are such a good little Republican. Programmed perfectly.

Reactions: davidallen
Wow, it only took you less than three hours to pull back your original support of this.🤣🤣 Just can't agree with a Democrat can you, especially if it means holding Republicans responsible? And yet, you talk about how we should try to achieve compromise.🙄

So, your solution to the debt limit so far has been to attack and cut Medicare and Social Security, maybe cut defense spending (no specifics though), but definitely a no on rescinding the tax cuts that contributed to our debt and only benefit the wealthy. Punish middle and low-income Americans while protecting the interests of the wealthy.

You are such a good little Republican. Programmed perfectly.
Twisting what i said to fit your narrative again. No I don't support rescinding Trump's tax cuts. Remember how the economic conditions under Trump took off in Trump's first two years, direct result of the tax cuts or maybe it was his magic wand. I would support a tax increase on everyone, provided 100% of the increase went to lowering the debt but we all know those greedy POS in Washington would never stick to it.
I have provided you what I would do to cut spending in both above Medicare and Social Security. Quit giving non citizens benefits and stop providing disability to those that can work. My brother in law is an example. He was a airline pilot that was required to retire because of a benign brain tumor. Had surgery to remove the tumor and has no effects to his life what so ever except he can no longer be a commercial airline pilot. What keeps him from working as something other than a airline pilot? Not a damn thing but he qualifies for disability. My mother is another example. She qualified for disability due to a back injury but she told them she could continue to work and didn't want it. That's two close relatives of mine that qualify for both Medicare and Social Security due to very lenient rules. Cut that BS off and the government would save tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars a year.

Twisting what i said to fit your narrative again.
Not at all.

Your original comment:
The only way I would support raising the tax rates for anyone is if it went 100% towards lower the debt we are leaving our children and their future generations.

I then agreed:

Less than three hours later, and in response to my agreement with you, you changed you position:
Nope. IMO lowering taxes increases economic output, creating more tax revenue.

I didn't twist anything. You backed away from compromise and your original stated position. Because we both know you aren't going to support rescinding those tax cuts for the wealthy and you definitely aren't going to put yourself in a position where you have to disagree with your fellow Republicans.

Remember how the economic conditions under Trump took off in Trump's first two years, direct result of the tax cuts or maybe it was his magic wand.
The only problem with this is that we are only now seeing the full effect of Trump's tax cuts for the wealthy.

They played a role in the debt we are now dealing with. You can't admit this though and instead, want to attack low and middle-income Americans. You want them to pay the price for the debt, not the wealthy.

Typical Republican you are.

I would support a tax increase on everyone, provided 100% of the increase went to lowering the debt but we all know those greedy POS in Washington would never stick to it.
Why everyone? Why can't you just support rescinding the tax cuts on the most wealthy, the ones Trump did his bidding for?

I have provided you what I would do to cut spending in both above Medicare and Social Security.
Yes, I know. Attack low-income and middle-income Americans, attack people in need, throw out your propaganda nonsense, and force these Americans to pay the price for the debt.

But when it comes to the most wealthy? You defend them and don't want them to have to pay any price for the debt. You protect them while labeling most other Americans as deadbeats.

Listen to me. Please, please, encourage your party to run with this nonsense in the 2024 election. Don't shy away from it. Don't hide it. Be straight up with the American people about your love and protection of the most wealthy and your disdain for everyone else.

The only problem with this is that we are only now seeing the full effect of Trump's tax cuts for the wealthy.

They played a role in the debt we are now dealing with. You can't admit this though and instead, want to attack low and middle-income Americans. You want them to pay the price for the debt, not the wealthy.

Typical Republican you are.

Why everyone? Why can't you just support rescinding the tax cuts on the most wealthy, the ones Trump did his bidding for?

Tax cuts were for everyone not just the wealthy. Middle class was the biggest beneficiary of the tax cuts despite the propaganda and lies the Democrats tell.
I assume Yahoo is left enough for you.
Yes, I know. Attack low-income and middle-income Americans, attack people in need, throw out your propaganda nonsense, and force these Americans to pay the price for the debt.
Expecting people to work and take care of themselves is not an attack, it's the way the world works. The problem with the security net we provide is undeserving people take advantage of the programs, taking away from people truly in need. I provided you two personal examples and saw so much of it in my previous career it made me sick. Just because a person may have something that keeps them from working in one field doesn't mean they can not contribute and succeed in another.
But when it comes to the most wealthy? You defend them and don't want them to have to pay any price for the debt. You protect them while labeling most other Americans as deadbeats.
I don't target the wealthy for punishment, I treat them the same as everyone else. Why is it you leftist want to punish success while you reward failure?
Listen to me. Please, please, encourage your party to run with this nonsense in the 2024 election. Don't shy away from it. Don't hide it. Be straight up with the American people about your love and protection of the most wealthy and your disdain for everyone else.
The national debt is not a party issue, it's an American issue that effects each and everyone of us. The government is at 130 something percent of GDP, we are out of other people's money. You can play politics all you want but if we do not address goverment spending and get some of fiscal restraint in Washington this country is in trouble.

Tax cuts were for everyone not just the wealthy.
Try again.

Trump’s tax cuts helped billionaires pay less than the working class for first time

How Trump Took the Middle Class to the Cleaners

How Big Companies Won New Tax Breaks From the Trump Administration

Why is it you leftist want to punish success while you reward failure?
We don't. I'm just asking for you to agree to rescind the tax cuts for the most wealthy and leave low-income and middle-income Americans along.

But you can't agree to this. You won't to attack low-income and middle-income Americans (many who are successful btw) while protecting the most wealthy from paying their fair share. You are doing the bidding of corporations and the most wealthy, groups you claim to be so against and believe "control" the government.

You can play politics all you want but if we do not address goverment spending and get some of fiscal restraint in Washington this country is in trouble.
But you don't want to address the tax cuts do you? You want to yell about spending (much of which btw, Trump and your fellow Republicans spent!) but ignore the tax cuts for the most wealthy and corporations.

You are really struggling right now as it relates to the debt limit. And this is exactly why this is going to be a loser for you Republicans. You guys helped create this situation but you don't want to really solve it if it means hurting the wealthy and corporations.

• Haha
Reactions: Alpha Woke
Try again.

Trump’s tax cuts helped billionaires pay less than the working class for first time

How Trump Took the Middle Class to the Cleaners

How Big Companies Won New Tax Breaks From the Trump Administration

We don't. I'm just asking for you to agree to rescind the tax cuts for the most wealthy and leave low-income and middle-income Americans along.
So you want to tax 400 families more and think that will solve the problem? SMFH Sorry but the government does not have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem.
But you can't agree to this. You won't to attack low-income and middle-income Americans (many who are successful btw) while protecting the most wealthy from paying their fair share. You are doing the bidding of corporations and the most wealthy, groups you claim to be so against and believe "control" the government.
Again how am I attacking low income middle class people? By expecting them to work? SMFH
But you don't want to address the tax cuts do you? You want to yell about spending (much of which btw, Trump and your fellow Republicans spent!) but ignore the tax cuts for the most wealthy and corporations.
Why can't you come to grips the government spends to much money. We are over 31 trillion in debt, tax cuts didn't get us there, spending did.
You are really struggling right now as it relates to the debt limit. And this is exactly why this is going to be a loser for you Republicans. You guys helped create this situation but you don't want to really solve it if it means hurting the wealthy and corporations.
Again tax revenue isn't the problem, it's spending.

So you want to tax 400 families more and think that will solve the problem? SMFH Sorry but the government does not have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem.
No, I want to rescind Trump's tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations. The tax cuts that helped contribute to our debt.

We have both a revenue and spending problem. It is all one in the same. Your propagandists just lecture you about the spending aspect, and for some reason, you believe it.

Again how am I attacking low income middle class people? By expecting them to work? SMFH
By acting like our debt problem is based in how Medicare and Social Security operates. Are you really this dense?

You are doing nothing but repeating Republican talking points. Republicans who want to shield the most wealthy while attacking low-income and middle-income Americans.

Again tax revenue isn't the problem, it's spending.
Wrong, both play a role.

The wealthy and corporations just don't want you to believe they should pay more in taxes. And you buy it!🙄

Dang man, wake up for once and stop being played.

No, I want to rescind Trump's tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations. The tax cuts that helped contribute to our debt.

We have both a revenue and spending problem. It is all one in the same. Your propagandists just lecture you about the spending aspect, and for some reason, you believe it.

By acting like our debt problem is based in how Medicare and Social Security operates. Are you really this dense?

You are doing nothing but repeating Republican talking points. Republicans who want to shield the most wealthy while attacking low-income and middle-income Americans.

Wrong, both play a role.

The wealthy and corporations just don't want you to believe they should pay more in taxes. And you buy it!🙄

Dang man, wake up for once and stop being played.
Hate to break it to you but you are wrong as usual.
In 2008 the federal government's total spending was 2.984 trillion dollars, in 2022 it was 6.27 trillion. I may not be a economic guru but even I can recognize government spending since Obama was elected has gone of the rails. Can you even comprehend how much a trillion dollars is? Government spending has more than doubled in 14 years? Yea we have a spending problem.

Hate to break it to you but you are wrong as usual.
In 2008 the federal government's total spending was 2.984 trillion dollars, in 2022 it was 6.27 trillion.
Again, I'm not discounting the role spending is playing. I'm simply noting the role played by the loss of revenue from Trump's tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations. For some reason, you want to ignore the latter.

Also, a lot of this spending that relates to the debt limit comes from spending that Trump and Republicans endorsed.

I've told you that I'm open to spending cuts. Not cuts to Medicare or Social Security, but other reasonable areas of spending cuts, sure. Defense waste spending? Absolutely. Reforms to these programs, sure. Just not cuts.

You are the one defending the wealthy and corporations at the moment, not me. You jump on board with this and we could probably fashion a compromise. But you won't will you?

Craziness.

Again, I'm not discounting the role spending is playing. I'm simply noting the role played by the loss of revenue from Trump's tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations. For some reason, you want to ignore the latter.

Also, a lot of this spending that relates to the debt limit comes from spending that Trump and Republicans endorsed.

I've told you that I'm open to spending cuts. Not cuts to Medicare or Social Security, but other reasonable areas of spending cuts, sure. Defense waste spending? Absolutely. Reforms to these programs, sure. Just not cuts.

You are the one defending the wealthy and corporations at the moment, not me. You jump on board with this and we could probably fashion a compromise. But you won't will you?

Craziness.
More than doubling spending in 14 years is the problem not taxes. No way in hell the American people would ever support doubling taxes on anyone.
Let's say you are right the Trump tax cuts added to the deficit but how much. In 2018, the Congressional Budget Office predicted these tax cuts would add nearly $1.9 trillion to the total deficit by 2028. Not quite the impact you are trying to make it.

More than doubling spending in 14 years is the problem not taxes. No way in hell the American people would ever support doubling taxes on anyone.
No one is advocating for this. Stop creating fake BS to argue against.

I'm simply asking you to agree to rescend the Trump era tax cuts for the most wealthy and corporations. That's it. And you can't agree to this.

Now, take this to the American people and contrast it with your desire to see Medicare and Social Security cut and see how it works out for you Republicans. Please do this.

No one is advocating for this. Stop creating fake BS to argue against.

I'm simply asking you to agree to rescend the Trump era tax cuts for the most wealthy and corporations. That's it. And you can't agree to this.

Now, take this to the American people and contrast it with your desire to see Medicare and Social Security cut and see how it works out for you Republicans. Please do this.
Who the hell argues for solutions that do not solve the problem? And we wonder why we are in this mess. SMFH

Trump said he was going to abolish the federal income tax, he knew all of the money went to bad actors. Maybe the biggest reason they took him out

Who the hell argues for solutions that do not solve the problem?
I'm arguing for solutions that solve the problem. Rescind the tax cuts for the wealthy with spending cuts directed at government waste

What are you arguing for besides protecting the interests of the wealthy and attacking Medicare and Social Security?

I'm arguing for solutions that solve the problem. Rescind the tax cuts for the wealthy with spending cuts directed at government waste

What are you arguing for besides protecting the interests of the wealthy and attacking Medicare and Social Security?
Over 6 trillion in government spending and your solution is to raise taxes on the wealthy and cut government waste? SMFH

Over 6 trillion in government spending and your solution is to raise taxes on the wealthy and cut government waste?
Yep.

And I'll take my solution to the American people any day against your solution. We both know you won't though. In a few days, you will be ranting against how the wealthy and corporations control the government.

Seriously man, you are one confused individual.

Yep.

And I'll take my solution to the American people any day against your solution. We both know you won't though. In a few days, you will be ranting against how the wealthy and corporations control the government.

Seriously man, you are one confused individual.

And the debt will continue to rise to the point of collapse then what, blame Republicans?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT