ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes

Mrgrapple

2nd Team
Sep 8, 2006
Ready to watch this. Should be another great dual. I can see 6 or 7 weights going down to the wire. You may not want to call them toss ups however the favorites will have to wrestle their A game to win. COWBOYS VS HAWKEYES doesn't get any better than this.

Reactions: andegre
Ready to watch this. Should be another great dual. I can see 6 or 7 weights going down to the wire. You may not want to call them toss ups however the favorites will have to wrestle their A game to win. COWBOYS VS HAWKEYES doesn't get any better than this.
125 Gilman pins Pic. He is huge and Pic is a small 125 pounder.
133 Toss up match but much as I do not want to pick Clark I am going with experience in a close match-decision to Clark.
141 Heil in a decision over Topher Carton. Should be bonus points but I think Heil will take him down 2-3 times and have riding time advantage for a 7-2 win.
149 Can not call it a toss up as we have not beaten Sorenson but Collica is much improved this year and this is my upset prediction. Collica will win a close one.
157 Kemerer in a decision over Joe Smith. Until Joe gets down to his weight and does not pull a lot the day of the match I do not see him winning against #2 Kemerer who will pressure him for three periods.
165 Chandler Rogers in a decision over Joey Gunther.
174 I think this and 184 are the key matches of the dual. Neither is wrestling well at the moment but it is at home and I predict Crutchmer by 1-2 points over Meyer.
184 This match will be exciting. Brooks will get an early lead and Boyd will come back at the end for a decision. This could go either way.
197 Weigel will shut out Cash Wicke 2-0 for a decision.
285 Sam Stoll may be just too big for Andrew Schafer and I predict he will win a decision.
I would take a 18-15 win over Iowa. Actually I would like a 32-0 win over Iowa but I am trying to be realistic. I hope I am stunned and OK state wins at 157 and 285 but truthfully Iowa could also win at 149,174 and 184. I am really looking forward to this match and I am only sure of one thing. There will shockers for both teams.

125 Gilman MDEC 4-0 Iowa
133 Brock 4-3 Iowa
141 Heil 6-4 OkSt
149 Sorenson 7-6 Iowa
157 Kemerer MDEC 11-6 Iowa
165 Rogers PIN 12-11 Ok St
174 Krutchmer 15-11 Ok St
184 Brooks 15-14 Ok St
197 Wiegal 18-14 Ok St
285 Stoll 18-17 Ok St

I just think Smith looks out of shape, and Kemerer is constantly attacking so Major Decision (I think Smith beats Kemerer in March when in shape)

Huge Match I think Brock beats #1 ranked Clark.

Reactions: oberebo
Looking forward to this big test for both programs. Won't be as exciting as Grapple on the Gridiron, but the wrestling will be great!

Reactions: andegre
Some crazy predictions...especially at 157...but I like it, haha.

125: Gilman by Maj; he rarely pins
133: Brock by dec; Cory usually gives a loss up to a very good wrestler. Brock is a nightmare match up for him as he gets to legs and finishes very well.
141:Heil by dec: Topher is a 7 minute guy and should keep it close
149:Sorensen by dec; Collins looks improved, but so does Brandon
157:Kemerer by dec; this is too close to call...Can Smith get the necessary points in the first two and hold him off? Kem is very solid in all positions...match of the night
165:Rogers by dec; nice chance that he pins if he gets in his weird positions but Gunther is another guy that goes 7 mins and kept Massa to a major
174: Crutchmer by dec; Alex needs this match but has given up losses to lesser competition
184: Brooks by dec; I heart Nolan Boyd and would pick him in a tourney...just think Brooks does better in a dual
197: Weigel by dec
Hwy: Stoll by dec

18-18 (Iowa loses because Gilman catches a penalty point for facemushing)

I think if momentum is going to swing, it will be to OSU. The upper classmen have been getting their butt kicked by Iowa for a few years now and I think this will be one dual OSU will be ready for.

This is going to be a great dual! If it is tight going into 197, I expect to see Weigel take top and I think with his size and strength advantage plus his ability in the top position he will push the match to at least a MD and possibly a TF.

Reactions: Pokes2010

1549173583-BarnStirringMoulage.gif

Wrestlestats has it 18-13 Iowa with decisions in 6 weights to 4 for OK State. However in their own rankings rankings both Iowa and OK State have 5 ranked higher in their weight. They show no bonus points except for 165 where they show Rogers with a major. Heil and Weigel also have a large edge in rankings at 141 and 197. All this based on statistics only which shows Jordan Rogers ranked ahead of Crutchmer. They are starting to balance out but the statistics have no caught up with the actual matches being wrestled and i am not certain who this favors. It will be a close match and I believe the swing match has to be 184, The post by Gilman above has no basis in reality except for his own match. He should dominate. BTW Gilman indicates that the OK State match is small which benefits OK State. If we were stalling the small mat would be to the detriment of OK State. He is a little confused but I concede he is a good wrestler.

Some crazy predictions..

157:Kemerer by dec; this is too close to call...Can Smith get the necessary points in the first two and hold him off? Kem is very solid in all positions...match of the night

I'd suggest get there at least 4 to 5 hours early else you're gonna miss a really great dual meet. ;)

There's gonna be some fireworks and given the close predictions from all, this one may come down to whether or not there's an early warning on the Iowa bench. In CHA the Brands bros are all over the mat, for some reason (can't understand why) Midlands also allows them to run out onto the mat. However, this dual is in GIA so such shouldn't be allowed and an early bench warning might just turn into 1 point later which decides the dual. Who do you have for the first Brands bro to cross the line, T or T? Did I mention there's gonna be some fireworks?

Curious.... do coaches tell guys like picc to go out and win and convince them they are better then their opponent ( which is what I would do) or do you strategize for the dual and tell someone that is over matched just try to avoid giving up bonus? Probably adjust as the match unfolds. I personally would not care about the outcome of the dual versus getting ready to win a NCAA team title.

Curious.... do coaches tell guys like picc to go out and win and convince them they are better then their opponent ( which is what I would do) or do you strategize for the dual and tell someone that is over matched just try to avoid giving up bonus? Probably adjust as the match unfolds. I personally would not care about the outcome of the dual versus getting ready to win a NCAA team title.
Just go wrestle, from good position, and be aggressive but not foolish, and let the chips fly and fall where they may!

Reactions: derek_state
Iowa 125 lbs throwing some shade about osu wrestling style. This could be fun. I'm driving up and will be in attendance with my father. Go pokes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT