ADVERTISEMENT

Fix and Gfeller

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
They will both be committing live on Flo on Nov 11 along with Jacob Warner and Chase Singletary. I believe they plan to add more.

Last edited:
Singletary is an interesting guy. Very tall, but slim big guy. I have no idea if he can stay at 197. My guess is we are recruiting him. Those appear to be the stars of next years class and I think we are in good shape on two of them.
The Fix family is very warm and friendly to everyone and I hope that means good things for Oklahoma State, but Daton is wanted by everyone except Iowa that has two 125 pounders (that will probably never beat Daton). Daton and his Mother take care of everyone around them. I hope we keep the Fix family in our program.
Not as confidant on Singletary, but he is an upper weight stud.

Such great news! So impressed with this kid as a wrestler and a person. Watching him give his state medal to Andy Schneider, who lost his son Colton before the season, will make your allergies act up.

Reactions: Wrassler223
I think he is projected at 141. He will be finished with his redshirt after Dean graduates.

Projected weight 141# which currently has depth (Heil

What about Boo Lewallen taking over the 141# spot once Heil graduates?
Boo will be in that battle if he can finally overcome the injury bug. Two operations already and hopefully he will be back on the mat next season.

Talk about a log jam at the lower weights. It's a good problem to have, but dang. IF we get Fix as well, quality backups, not that the kids we have in the room right now are not quality,

Last year we had lots of talent in the upper weights and most of it is returning. After watching the Junior World Trials in Irving I realize there is a ton of talent entering the weights of 165 through 184 next year that will probably reshuffle the podium at those weights. Rarely do freshmen do well at those weights, but the Valencia brothers, Massa, and Joseph from Penn State are the real deal.

I'm just gonna say it and see who agrees....don't count out Hale winning the spot at 125. Nothing against Picc but Hale has been quietly getting much better!

If Hale is competing at 125 I think an AA at 125 might be a lock. Picc looked very good at the Junior world trials in Irving.
Although I did think he was a little perplexed with Freestyle, but he was the best in the field at takedowns. Not saying he would have beat Fix, but Gomez just knew freestyle better than Picc.

I'm just gonna say it and see who agrees....don't count out Hale winning the spot at 125. Nothing against Picc but Hale has been quietly getting much better!

I've been impressed with Hale since I saw him wrestle several matches at the Scuffle in January. He is so long and rangy and seems to have a good gas tank. I thought if Eddie self-destructed we would have a pretty tough backup. He didn't so much impress with his wrestling skills or raw athletic ability, but with his desire and aggressiveness. Kind of like Nolan Boyd from a year ago.

Picc seems to have a better pedigree and I have high expectations for him. He does impress with his wrestling skills and athletic ability from video I have seen. But we know the perils of using past performance to predict future results in NCAA wrestling. I never thought Chris Perry seemed particularly athletic and look what he accomplished.

Hard not to pull for a guy like Hale.

I think we are seeing a lot of effort in the room. Rumor has it that Picc is working his butt off and making great strides. This team has over performed outside of injuries for the last couple of years. Nice to see!

I think we are seeing a lot of effort in the room. Rumor has it that Picc is working his butt off and making great strides. This team has over performed outside of injuries for the last couple of years. Nice to see!
You can say that again. OSU has wrestled the best they have wrestled all year at the NCAA tourney the last couple years. It is easy to think Smith isn't getting the job done early in the season, but by tourney time, they are ready. His patience and his plan for peaking is pretty impressive.

Reactions: Mrgrapple
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT