ADVERTISEMENT

Family's private investigator: There is evidence Seth Rich had contact with WikiLeaks prior to death

GunsOfFrankEaton

Heisman Winner
Aug 24, 2003
http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/254852337-story

WASHINGTON - It has been almost a year since Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich was murdered in the nation's capital. There have been no solid answers about why he was killed until now.

Rich was shot and killed last July in Northwest D.C and police have suggested the killing in the District's Bloomingdale neighborhood was a botched robbery. However, online conspiracy theories have tied the murder to Rich's work at the DNC.

Just two months shy of the one-year anniversary of Rich's death, FOX 5 has learned there is new information that could prove these theorists right.

Seth Rich Family's private investigator: There is evidence Seth Rich had contact with WikiLeaks prior to death

Rod Wheeler, a private investigator hired by the Rich family, suggests there is tangible evidence on Rich's laptop that confirms he was communicating with WikiLeaks prior to his death.

Now, questions have been raised on why D.C. police, the lead agency on this murder investigation for the past ten months, have insisted this was a robbery gone bad when there appears to be no evidence to suggest that.

Wheeler, a former D.C. police homicide detective, is running a parallel investigation into Rich’s murder. Wheeler said he believes there is a cover-up and the police department has been told to back down from the investigation.

"The police department nor the FBI have been forthcoming,” said Wheeler. “They haven't been cooperating at all. I believe that the answer to solving his death lies on that computer, which I believe is either at the police department or either at the FBI. I have been told both.”

When we asked Wheeler if his sources have told him there is information that links Rich to Wikileaks, he said, “Absolutely. Yeah. That's confirmed."

Wheeler also told us, "I have a source inside the police department that has looked at me straight in the eye and said, ‘Rod, we were told to stand down on this case and I can’t share any information with you.’ Now, that is highly unusual for a murder investigation, especially from a police department. Again, I don’t think it comes from the chief’s office, but I do believe there is a correlation between the mayor's office and the DNC and that is the information that will come out [Tuesday].

Monday during the 10 p.m. ET news broadcast on Fox’s Washington, D.C. affiliate WTTG, correspondent Marina Marraco said an investigation by former D.C. homicide detective Rod Wheeler found that the now-deceased Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich had been emailing with WikiLeaks.

A news report on what a PI said has you this excited? Sorry fellas will leave you to it. Can't steal this bit of sunshine from you...

Reactions: GL97
A news report on what a PI said has you this excited? Sorry fellas will leave you to it. Can't steal this bit of sunshine from you...

In one thread we are melting down over anonymous wa po sources and in another we are tisk tisking believing the clintons could be involved in a murder. Are you smoking the cookie or eating it like you are supposed to?

In one thread we are melting down over anonymous wa po sources and in another we are tisk tisking believing the clintons could be involved in a murder. Are you smoking the cookie or eating it like you are supposed to?

Exactly this. Had they listed "PI" as "anonymous source" we could guarantee a different response.

tenor.gif

Like I said, looking forward to the outcome of the investigation.

If you believe these are equivalent more power to ya. No reason to rain on your sad little parade.

Reactions: GL97

People have been researching and discussing this news story for many months -- with zero support / promotion from the corporate media.

This is not surprising since the DNC emails (which Seth Rich may have been killed for exposing) showed the entire corporate media as little more than a PR branch of the Democratic Party.

Smart investigators working on this case had better watch their back lest they become another coincidence.

Here's the facts:
-Seth Rich had dirt on DNC
-Seth was talking to WikiLeaks
-DNC wanted him gone
-Seth was killed
-DC Police covered it up

So, we have a conspiracy that involves:

The Clintons
Podesta
The DNC
DC Police dept
The Washington Post

Sounds feasible.

I admit that I don't know much about Rich/Wikileaks, etc, but you really have to be a mental contortionist to make this theory work.

Reactions: davidallen and GL97
But Rich's family have blasted the investigator who was apparently not authorized to speak to the press about the investigation, according to a family spokesperson.

“As we’ve seen through the past year of unsubstantiated claims, we see no facts, we have seen no evidence, we have been approached with no emails and only learned about this when contacted by the press," the spokesperson said. "Even if tomorrow, an email was found, it is not a high enough bar of evidence to prove interactions as emails can be altered and we’ve seen that those interested in pushing conspiracies will stop at nothing to do so.
"We are a family who is committed to facts, not fake evidence that surfaces every few months to fill the voice and strict law enforcement and the general public from finding Seth’s murderers," the statement continued. "The services of the private investigator who spoke to press was offered to the Rich family and paid for by a third party, and contractually was barred from speaking to press or anyone outside of law enforcement or the family unless explicitly authorized by the family.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...contact-with-wikileaks-investigator-says.html

"The federal investigator, who requested anonymity, said 44,053 emails and 17,761 attachments between Democratic National Committee leaders, spanning from January 2015 through late May 2016, were transferred from Rich to MacFadyen before May 21.

On July 22, just 12 days after Rich was killed, WikiLeaks published internal DNC emails that appeared to show top party officials conspired to stop Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont from becoming the party’s presidential nominee. That controversy resulted in Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigning as DNC chairperson. A number of Sanders supporters refused to back party nominee Hillary Clinton, and some subsequently formed groups to work against Clinton and the party."

From the same article

But a spokesman for Rich's family on Tuesday said Wheeler was not authorized to speak for the family and called assertions Seth Rich sent emails to WikiLeaks "unsubstantiated." Brad Bauman said even if purported emails were to surface, it would not necessarily mean Rich had helped WikiLeaks.

"Even if tomorrow, an email was found, it is not a high enough bar of evidence to prove any interactions as emails can be altered and we've seen that those interested in pushing conspiracies will stop at nothing to do so," Bauman said. "We are a family who is committed to facts, not fake evidence that surfaces every few months to fill the void and distract law enforcement and the general public from finding Seth's murderers."

From the same article

But a spokesman for Rich's family on Tuesday said Wheeler was not authorized to speak for the family and called assertions Seth Rich sent emails to WikiLeaks "unsubstantiated." Brad Bauman said even if purported emails were to surface, it would not necessarily mean Rich had helped WikiLeaks.

"Even if tomorrow, an email was found, it is not a high enough bar of evidence to prove any interactions as emails can be altered and we've seen that those interested in pushing conspiracies will stop at nothing to do so," Bauman said. "We are a family who is committed to facts, not fake evidence that surfaces every few months to fill the void and distract law enforcement and the general public from finding Seth's murderers."

Do you think It more likely or less likely that Rich, or a hypothetical person in Rich's situation would tell his family that he was leaking sensitive DNC info to Wikileaks?

And I say that as someone who is agnostic about whether it is true that he was murdered due to this. But it's just laughable to say that it's implausible.

Reactions: MegaPoke
Do you think It more likely or less likely that Rich, or a hypothetical person in Rich's situation would tell his family that he was leaking sensitive DNC info to Wikileaks?

And I say that as someone who is agnostic about whether it is true that he was murdered due to this. But it's just laughable to say that it's implausible.
I don't think he would tell them, but I do think they would have a better picture of the evidence after the fact than a private investigator hired by a third party.

And then even crazier Boss Ross Douthat

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...contact-with-wikileaks-investigator-says.html

"The federal investigator, who requested anonymity, said 44,053 emails and 17,761 attachments between Democratic National Committee leaders, spanning from January 2015 through late May 2016, were transferred from Rich to MacFadyen before May 21.

On July 22, just 12 days after Rich was killed, WikiLeaks published internal DNC emails that appeared to show top party officials conspired to stop Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont from becoming the party’s presidential nominee. That controversy resulted in Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigning as DNC chairperson. A number of Sanders supporters refused to back party nominee Hillary Clinton, and some subsequently formed groups to work against Clinton and the party."

Are we all equally skeptical of this anonymous source as we are the anonymous sources in the WaPo article under discussion?

Just checking with every one.

Are we all equally skeptical of this anonymous source as we are the anonymous sources in the WaPo article under discussion?

Just checking with every one.

Of course. I do love beenjammin dismissing it like a good little boy though.

I'm pretty agnostic about most things that I didn't see. Pretty much don't believe or disbelieve anything.

So, we have a conspiracy that involves:

The Clintons
Podesta
The DNC
DC Police dept
The Washington Post

Sounds feasible.

Need to add to this most of the mainstream reporters because clearly reporters would rather cover for the Clintons instead of breaking a huge story regarding the Clintons and murder.:rolleyes:

The stuff people will believe.

Reactions: Been Jammin

I'm pretty agnostic about most things that I didn't see. Pretty much don't believe or disbelieve anything.

Certainly.

I certainly believe that from the two of you.

My comment was directed more at the starter of the thread and.....obviously, NZ Poke's rapid fire citation to anonymous sources on the topic.

I'm not dismissing it out of hand. Just pointing out that it seems a little far fetched that Hillary had him killed, the DCPD covered it up, and now the WaPo is creating a story to deflect attention away from this story.

I'm sure even you would agree that it is much more believable that POTUS would brag about the intel he gets and let something slip without realizing the importance of what he shared. It is right in line with his personality and history.

As to the 2nd part of your post, I wasn't present for any of this, so I can only speculate on both. Obviously, there are individuals that would have good reason to make either story up out of thin air, and individuals that would want to deflect/cover up either story if it were true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT