ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus: What’s next?

Look, I'm all for Trump and want to see him get reelected, but this is serious!

The Trump administration is taking this threat serious and so should we.

If the virus follows patterns in previous countries, the next few weeks are going to be pretty horrible. We're in better shape with more ICU units per capita than other countries such as Italy, but will still have hospitals overrun.

You’re delusional if you think that’s true. Your party will do anything to get him out of office, including hoping for COVID-19 to become a disaster. You’re a reasonable poster outside of politics, so it’s sad to see you so blinded by your TDS.

Pokenrally, you are a dumbass. I love my country and I have a slew of good friends that are moderate Republicans. Just don’t care for the 5-10% on each side which you are proving to be.

Exactly right. SMDH at the radicals trying to stoke up partisan hate. Now if you have a political opinion that's critical of Trump you're a demon wanting people to die. That sounds like propaganda and I'd hope my fellow pokes are smart and independent enough to avoid getting pulled into that mindset

Reactions: sbaPoke
Look, I'm all for Trump and want to see him get reelected, but this is serious!

The Trump administration is taking this threat serious and so should we.

If the virus follows patterns in previous countries, the next few weeks are going to be pretty horrible. We're in better shape with more ICU units per capita than other countries such as Italy, but will still have hospitals overrun.
Big cities like NYC will have it the worst, but we’re looking at possibly a ton of deaths before this thing is done in the U.S. if people don’t practice social distancing like they should. Starting this week. Really, people should have started this past week.

It sounds like the timeline is this:

Ten days from now, many of those infected will start to show signs of sickness. They will have been infected this whole time and not realized it. Twenty days from now, we could start to see hospitals overwhelmed.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Big cities like NYC will have it the worst, but we’re looking at possibly 1 million deaths before this thing is done in the U.S. if people don’t practice social distancing like they should. Starting this week. Really, people should have started this past week.
God I hope you're wrong.

Our cavalier attitude is going to end up killing a good number of our parents and other old people we love.

God I hope you're wrong.

Our cavalier attitude is going to end up killing a good number of our parents and other old people we love.
Me too.

I edited my post to change from 1 million to “a ton,” but COVID-19 will dwarf the number of people killed on 9/11. We botched containment, so now it’s all about “flattening the curve” of the rate of infected. Which means avoiding social contact as much as possible until you know who’s sick in your circle.

I know this all sounds crazy but it’s our best chance at avoiding becoming Italy 2.0.

Me too.

I edited my post to change from 1 million to “a ton,” but COVID-19 will dwarf the number of people killed on 9/11. We botched containment, so now it’s all about “flattening the curve” of the rate of infected. Which means avoiding social contact as much as possible until you know who’s sick in your circle.

I know this all sounds crazy but it’s our best chance at avoiding becoming Italy 2.0.

Yup. We’re only in the top of the first inning right now. Hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Me too.

Containment was never an option, regardless of what Obama's head of whatever is saying.

Pokenrally, you are a dumbass. I love my country and I have a slew of good friends that are moderate Republicans. Just don’t care for the 5-10% on each side which you are proving to be.
Oh I’m radical because I don’t hate the President? Makes sense. You people are so brainwashed that you can’t see how partisan you actually are.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Exactly right. SMDH at the radicals trying to stoke up partisan hate. Now if you have a political opinion that's critical of Trump you're a demon wanting people to die. That sounds like propaganda and I'd hope my fellow pokes are smart and independent enough to avoid getting pulled into that mindset
Literally no one said it. If you think that, then you’re just as blinded by partisan politics as the people you’re criticizing.

Just as a reminder, here was a tweet from Italy at the end of Feb. Read the whole three tweet thread. We are literally headed down the exact path, just about 2 1/2 weeks later.

Latest from Dr. Phillips:

“Parents - this will be difficult if you haven’t figured it out already. It is important you recognize that schools across the country will close, and remain closed, through the summer months, at least. The virus will not peak in the US for another month or so, probably closer to 6 weeks. Even if the virus shows some flattening in infectivity, no elected official or school board member would ever reopen schools under such conditions without a guarantee from the CDC that it is safe and a second wave isn’t possible. Barring a miracle, graduations will be cancelled, no summer sports, and limited interactions should be expected for months. Please prepare for new routines. I know some of you will call this alarmist, but my record has been pretty good so far, and this one is easy. Please stay home and stay safe.”

The potential is there for this to affect football.

Reactions: SSS!!!
Yeah, we won’t know how bad this could actually get until maybe a month from now.

Still saying it is overblown....predict deaths in the US will be less than 10K. Yes each unnecessary death is extremely tragic so not trying to minimize the souls who have passed or will. The average age of deceased in Italy is 81 yoa.

Practice sound hygiene, absolutely minimize contact with the elderly, shut down the borders and do some reading....definitely quit relying on the idiots in the news for information and this will pass.

Chine should suffer huge....removed from WTO & lose their seat on the Security Council. Manufacturing should flee in droves and they should be absolutely isolated. Of course the UN won't do much of anything, but this is fully on the chicom government and they should be treated like the world pariah they are.

Oh I’m radical because I don’t hate the President? Makes sense. You people are so brainwashed that you can’t see how partisan you actually are.
Has nothing to do with your support of the POTUS or not - you are simply an asshole. I for one have no interest in talking to assholes.

Reactions: Pokeabear
Does everyone in your household share your attitude? Must be really quiet around there.
860.jpeg

dave short the google espresso bar and massage bot is a bit testy
You know what I miss? I miss competency in the oval office and GOOGL at $1530. I reserve the right to be testy until we get those two things back.

BTW: you should encourage pokenpally to stick around. He makes you look wicked smaht.

Still saying it is overblown....predict deaths in the US will be less than 10K. Yes each unnecessary death is extremely tragic so not trying to minimize the souls who have passed or will. The average age of deceased in Italy is 81 yoa.

Practice sound hygiene, absolutely minimize contact with the elderly, shut down the borders and do some reading....definitely quit relying on the idiots in the news for information and this will pass.

Chine should suffer huge....removed from WTO & lose their seat on the Security Council. Manufacturing should flee in droves and they should be absolutely isolated. Of course the UN won't do much of anything, but this is fully on the chicom government and they should be treated like the world pariah they are.

91562533_579169886026404_6729273107749535744_n.jpg

You know what I miss? I miss competency in the oval office and GOOGL at $1530. I reserve the right to be testy until we get those two things back.

BTW: you should encourage pokenpally to stick around. He makes you look wicked smaht.
Seriously? You're living the leftist wet dream, sporto!!!!!!! Trickle-up poverty and shared misery.

giphy.gif

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

Lol. This clown PM’ed me to leave another poster alone because David decided that the other poster misspoke and apparently can’t correct their own mistake David thinks the other poster made and David blamed it on this other poster having a stroke. The funny thing is, I didn’t even respond to the poster he was white knighting for so I definitely wasn’t going after them. It was such a weird thing for him to do, especially since he didn’t message me until days after I allegedly went after this poster and the conversation was long over. I guess @davidallen just wanted to try to feel important, for once in his life, by telling another poster what to do? I’m not really sure what the goal was, but it was definitely pathetic.

Reactions: Ostatedchi

Also, Australia says hello!

Reactions: Ostatedchi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT