ADVERTISEMENT

Brock?

driad

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2009
Only following on twitter, how bad is the injury?

He looked like he was in some serious pain CP said trainer pinched his knee and he let out a scream

He looked like he was in some serious pain CP said trainer pinched his knee and he let out a scream
That stinks. How was he looking against #1? I know the score was 2-0, but did he appear to have a shot?

I saw him on crutches huddled with the rest of the team after the match. They wont know the damage until he gets back to Stillwater and he can do an MRI. No use doing one there. Medical redshirt?

I've seen kids post their inside foot trying to stay on their feet and get an injury before. I'm afraid we might have lost him for this season. I hope that is not the case and he will be back.

It didn't look bad, but that situation says ACL or meniscus damage with a less serious ligament.

Him screaming to the touch of the trainer says is could be the better scenario but only an MRI and Carlan Yates makes the call!

It didn't look bad, but that situation says ACL or meniscus damage with a less serious ligament.

Him screaming to the touch of the trainer says is could be the better scenario but only an MRI and Carlan Yates makes the call!
Does Yates do OSU procedures?

if he's not the ortho anymore, I haven't been paying attention. Actually, it's been awhile since I paid attention to that.

Is an update expected today?
Just a guess but I think it will be tomorrow and John may say something about it on his show tomorrow night. Even then it will be generic in nature (out for the year, out for two weeks or fine to wrestle next match at West Virginia.)

How does one watch Coach Smith's show?
It sucks, you have to live about 100 miles around Stillwater to get it on the radio. I think they have it live at a Pizza place in Stillwater. Nothing on the internet!

Last edited:
It sucks, you have to live about 100 miles around Stillwater to get it and on radio. I think they have it live at a Pizza place in Stillwater. Nothing on the internet!

i guess we will have to hope ober will relay Coach's comments tomorrow night.

Man, that just absolutely punches you in the gut. For OSU, for Kaid, for the fans. That just sucks balls.

"Pops" are not good when it comes to the knee...after two ACLs recons that had meniscus repair and one that tore everything but the PCL...a pop would make a mess in my pants.

Also, it should be of note, with Brocks style and quickness, an unsound knee will hinder him mentally for a bit.

Reactions: MiccoMacey
"Pops" are not good when it comes to the knee...after two ACLs recons that had meniscus repair and one that tore everything but the PCL...a pop would make a mess in my pants.

Also, it should be of note, with Brocks style and quickness, an unsound knee will hinder him mentally for a bit.
Total ACL reconstruction and five knee surgeries later...I concur with the above post. And I completely went without an ACL for over 12 years. You can lose so much in your confidence of what your knee can do/handle. I can barely run on flat, solid ground now, much less God forbid there's an unstable spot like a molehill.

And Chase, I was more referring to what sounded like impending doom from the others on the board. I hate that injuries happen, but they are a part of the sport and I understand that. But some injuries seem to hit harder than others (except to the people who got injured). An injury to a fourth string kid who's never going to see the mat sucks balls as well, but a true freshman who had shown such a bright, albeit short, potential for himself, and also to help the entire team reach certain team goals just seems to have that added "well, crap" feeling about it. I wanted to cry when Mark Branch tore his ACL in the finals against Weber. I would have loved for him to get his third title.

Reactions: Agent-007
Micco, it seemed to imply you knew more? As you obviously know, there doesn't have to be a ton of movement for a ligament to tear to shreds. I was mainly worried about ACL, because that surgery is the one that plants the most doubt. If it were MCL, LCL and maybe a small amount of meniscus, he would be fine and most likely mentally fine?

If it is a small meniscus issue, the surgery and rehab can be as short as 3 weeks...mentally, Im not sure? MCL and LCL, many times can heal themselves.

I really hope to see Brock at full speed and confident. I am worried about seeing him at half speed and cautious, or worse, truly injured and unable to compete with a long road to recovery.

Micco, it seemed to imply you knew more? As you obviously know, there doesn't have to be a ton of movement for a ligament to tear to shreds. I was mainly worried about ACL, because that surgery is the one that plants the most doubt. If it were MCL, LCL and maybe a small amount of meniscus, he would be fine and most likely mentally fine?

If it is a small meniscus issue, the surgery and rehab can be as short as 3 weeks...mentally, Im not sure? MCL and LCL, many times can heal themselves.

I really hope to see Brock at full speed and confident. I am worried about seeing him at half speed and cautious, or worse, truly injured and unable to compete with a long road to recovery.
http://okstate.com/news/2016/1/5/wrest_010560025.aspx Good article on the Stillwater boys.

Reactions: chasepollard
It is a good article, oddly enough my buddy from PA just sent it to me asking what a farm-ranch coordinator was.

I agree - and I've also had multiple knee injuries/surgeries. In my case, one time a pop turned out to be just a minor meniscus tear. But another time it was a torn ACL.

Here's a good article from an orthopedist who describes what the snaps, crackles and pops usually mean. Bottom line, if a pop is accompanied by pain and swelling there's a pretty good likelihood of knee damage.

http://www.stoneclinic.com/blog/2013/12/9/whats-happening-when-your-knee-goes-snap-crackle-and-pop

Last edited:
Who, what or where is FRL?
It's a podcast by CP and Willie of flowrestling, they try to do it every Tuesday and Thursday, but sometimes they can't usually due to traveling to events. It is very informative and entertaining. Like chuck showed its on soundcloud, but you can also subscribe on iTunes.

So has there been anything official yet I missed? At this point you would think they know.

I will listen to John`s show tonight and post what he says but I doubt he reveals anything as his show has been extremely generic with not much information the last few times I have listened.

Reactions: osu2082
Flo doesn't know what they are talking about when it comes to Brock. Doesn't look good........

Last edited:
So what was said?
Didn't listen to it, out 4 to 6 months. Next up, we know what we have at 133, Harding is still hurt but can still wrestle. Magaldo is still unknown at 133, Boo is hurt, Hone is a big 141. Pulling for Magaldo in a big way! Wrestle offs next week, giddy up Cowboy!

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT