I can’t find much but I believe our semifinal matchups will be:

125: Mastro vs Killian Cardinale (WVU)
133: Fix vs Ramazan Attasauov (ISU)
149: G vs. Colin Realbuto (UNI)
174: Plott vs Hayden Hastings (Wyo)
184: Geer vs Keckeisen (UNI)
HWT: Surber vs Schuyler (ISU)
Need to win 4 of these.

I can see OSU’s strategy is to avoid the OU wrestlers.

A perfect example of this is Fix, who would rather win and advance to the finals rather than face Madrigal in the consolations.

Pretty cheap if you ask me.
Madrigal a big puss on skates. He loves to flee and move backwards on Fix.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Second session so far…Mastro got completely dominated. Fix looks primed and Gfeller wrestled smart and tough. Carter looked good, not sure what happened in his first match, maybe nerves.I hope Carter has some patience on his feet against Parker and if he can get off bottom I think he can win. Tall task though.

I can see OSU’s strategy is to avoid the OU wrestlers.

A perfect example of this is Fix, who would rather win and advance to the finals rather than face Madrigal in the consolations.

Pretty cheap if you ask me.
Lol I get the joke :)

Our two seniors…..jeez have some pride. Not one offensive point between them. Sheets ridden like a mule by an unseeded guy and beaten handily. Geer was taken down at will and just let back up to be taken down again, over and over.

Reactions: bwel9339
I actually expected that in the Geer match. Sheets should be embarrassed. He’s been mentally checked out all year

Sheets looks like he would rather be anywhere else than on the mat.
Dude. Its even more obvious watching the multiview feed and you can see everybody else hustling even the wrestlers they are losing their matches. Really hate being critical of the guy, I’m obviously clueless about the grind but something is missing.

I actually expected that in the Geer match. Sheets should be embarrassed. He’s been mentally checked out all year
Seems like Geer either dominates or gets dominated depending on style matchup. Can’t we stack the brackets to have him wrestle only certain guys? :)

Seems like Geer either dominates or gets dominated depending on style matchup. Can’t we stack the brackets to have him wrestle only certain guys? :)
He doesn’t do well against really strong guys. Keckeisen is a beast so I’ll cut Geer some slack for that. Hope he can finished 3rd. We need the pts

Reactions: turfpoke
Boy if Travis would try a swing single he might be pleasantly surprised. Dude seems to think he’s a Greco Roman wrestler.

Geer and Sheets situations are totally different. Geer got smashed by a badass. Wyatt totally mentally checked out, borderline quit on his team. ***unless it's a bad injury and he's in pain

Wittlake is clearly not himself.
Wittlake wrestled very bad and lost. Even on 1 leg if he would have been aggressive and finish quickly like the 3rd period he wins. But if you give a 6 pt. move on your shot usually you lose. Surber is the star of the Tournament so far. It looks like he lets his opponent in deep gets a leg and then works his way up for hopefully the take down. Injuries have killed us this year.

Who was the announcer who kept wanting to get stalling called on Surber? Is it stalling to stand in and let a guy keep taking your leg?

Wittlake wrestled very bad and lost. Even on 1 leg if he would have been aggressive and finish quickly like the 3rd period he wins. But if you give a 6 pt. move on your shot usually you lose. Surber is the star of the Tournament so far. It looks like he lets his opponent in deep gets a leg and then works his way up for hopefully the take down. Injuries have killed us this year.
Injuries and whatever mental hurdles are keeping some of our guys from being aggressive. Wittlake has been lacking in aggression all season long, Coach Smith was frustrated in interviews early on.

Who was the announcer who kept wanting to get stalling called on Surber? Is it stalling to stand in and let a guy keep taking your leg?
I was wondering if he’d get called. Those weren’t really good shots… but he could’ve been called for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT