ADVERTISEMENT

Avengers: Infinity War [RT: 84%]

For those going to see it later this weekend...

Movies you should watch if you have limited time:
Age of Ultron
Spider-Man Homecoming
Thor Ragnarok

For those going to see it later this weekend...

Movies you should watch if you have limited time:
Age of Ultron
Spider-Man Homecoming
Thor Ragnarok

Good. I managed to cover two of those over the flight back from Shanghai today, plus Wonder Woman and Justice league.

Trans continental flights are how I keep up with my super hero movies.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Good. I managed to cover two of those over the flight back from Shanghai today, plus Wonder Woman and Justice league.

Trans continental flights are how I keep up with my super hero movies.
Good!!! Thor Ragnarok is an essential part to the beginning of the movie.

FWIW... this is easily the best Avengers film IMO.

Top 5 MCU film, too. So much packed in.

Reactions: KCMOrange
Good!!! Thor Ragnarok is an essential part to the beginning of the movie.

I also watched Ant Man.

I thought it was very entertaining. I'm also a sucker for Evangeline Lily, so really looking forward to the next one.

I had difficulty deciding what I really thought of Wonder Woman and Justice League because I was too distracted by Gal Gadot. It was too easy to forget that there were other characters and a plot - she was riveting most the time. The only time she wasn't, imo, was when she was playing up the initial naivete of the character.

While the quirkiness of the flash was good because it pushed awkwardness but wasn't truly awkward, even he was effectively in the background when Wonder Woman was in the scene.

Still can't really get past a Affleck as Batman. He's a decent Bruce Wayne and better than I expected but it's Affleck. Just can't accept him as Batman.

Jeremy Irons as Alfred is jarring to me for some reason. Can't place why.

Need to see Guardians 2 and especially Civil War. I can't believe United had Captain America and Iron Man but not Civil War. They have all sorts of movies but not one of the most talked about Marvel movies? SMH

Wow... That was more rambling than I planned. :) No sleep, lots of hours on planes, and a couple glasses of whisky gets me going I guess.

I saw it this evening. Its definitely in the top 5 of Marvel movies, but I still like Civil War and Winter soldier better. I do think this is the best Avengers movie. I think Thanos is my favorite MCU villian. I was a little disappointed in the Black Order, but thats just me being a little nitpicky.

I'm going to see it later this evening!

Those that have seen it...how many end scene credits are there?

In the theater now my neck already hurts lol better then missing it. There are already dicks on my Facebook posting spoilers so glad I am not waiting past today. I tell you there is nothing that gets you unfriend faster then posting spoilers to shows. It doesn’t make you cool only a d-bag.

Wow I have a ton of emotions. It was good though and can’t wait for the next one. The banter between the different groups was fantastic.

Good movie, made my daughter cry so that was fun. Had to talk her down by using logic about a movie with people with super strengths. Love having a teenager.

I have seen every marvel movie they have made. This is the BEST one! The combination of the characters and the timing of them entering the movie was great!

Lots of laughs and serious moments in the movie.

Very well done!

Reactions: Been Jammin
I really enjoyed it, I really liked Thanos, they made you feel that what he is was doing was the right thing in his mind, and what he was doing was not for power but to keep other worlds from turning into his.

I really enjoyed it, I really liked Thanos, they made you feel that what he is was doing was the right thing in his mind, and what he was doing was not for power but to keep other worlds from turning into his.
I was kind of worried about Thanos portrayal after the first trailer. But, wow... was I wrong.

I just want to know what comes next. I assume the Captain Marvel movie will answer some questions.

I just want to know what comes next. I assume the Captain Marvel movie will answer some questions.
It is said both upcoming movies... Ant-Man 2 and Captain Marvel will take place BEFORE Infinity war. I thought that was interesting.

Just saw it.

Fantastic!

So glad I stopped reading this thread 2 days ago.

Plenty of spoilers from you guys.

I liked it a lot. I'm getting a tad burned out on Marvel movies which is odd since I read the comics a ton as a kid. The Star Wars movies do more for me than these but they are still a lot of fun. Josh Brolin is easily the best Marvel villain. Villains are really where Marvel falls short a lot but Brolin was fantastic and they gave Thanos a very legit reason to be a bastard. Not just for the sake of it. I am getting tired of the Marvel trope of big action scene, swelling music, both abruptly stop for a quip. It's not near as bad as Age of Ultron in that regard which was a two and a half hour quip a thon. I'm being more nitpicky having said all this, but I really thought it was fantastic.

I'm getting a tad burned out on Marvel movies

I didn't want to be, but I was in the same boat prior to IW. I enjoyed Ragnarok and BP, but not enough that I would have put them in my top 5 MCU movies, or really cared about seeing them again. Ragnarok was a bit to cavalier for me, and BP felt forced.

With that said, I think Infinity War is my all time favorite MCU movie. I thought they did an amazing job with it. Great writing. Just enough chuckle moments. Tons of fantastic action. So many characters and settings meshed together perfectly. Loved it! I'm back on the bandwagon.

I liked it a lot. I'm getting a tad burned out on Marvel movies which is odd since I read the comics a ton as a kid. The Star Wars movies do more for me than these but they are still a lot of fun. Josh Brolin is easily the best Marvel villain. Villains are really where Marvel falls short a lot but Brolin was fantastic and they gave Thanos a very legit reason to be a bastard. Not just for the sake of it. I am getting tired of the Marvel trope of big action scene, swelling music, both abruptly stop for a quip. It's not near as bad as Age of Ultron in that regard which was a two and a half hour quip a thon. I'm being more nitpicky having said all this, but I really thought it was fantastic.
I didn't want to be, but I was in the same boat prior to IW. I enjoyed Ragnarok and BP, but not enough that I would have put them in my top 5 MCU movies, or really cared about seeing them again. Ragnarok was a bit to cavalier for me, and BP felt forced.

With that said, I think Infinity War is my all time favorite MCU movie. I thought they did an amazing job with it. Great writing. Just enough chuckle moments. Tons of fantastic action. So many characters and settings meshed together perfectly. Loved it! I'm back on the bandwagon.
I think the reboot of the MCU is very necessary after Infinity War Part 2. I think you can only do so much with the same characters for a decade. I think they've done a good job changing up the 'formula' for like BP and Ragnarok, so that gives me hope for Phase 4 and beyond.

I'm a huge DC fan but i've given up most hope for continuity there.

Reactions: ExileOnPerkinsSt.
I think the reboot of the MCU is very necessary after Infinity War Part 2. I think you can only do so much with the same characters for a decade. I think they've done a good job changing up the 'formula' for like BP and Ragnarok, so that gives me hope for Phase 4 and beyond.

I'm a huge DC fan but i've given up most hope for continuity there.
Same here. A big problem for DC is they are trying to start where Marvel is now and not build up like Marvel did over 10 years. They also need someone like Kevin Feige.

Reactions: OSUIvan
Same here. A big problem for DC is they are trying to start where Marvel is now and not build up like Marvel did over 10 years. They also need someone like Kevin Feige.
Casting decision of Batman was dumb at the time, too. So you're going to start a universe where one of the most well known characters of all time is old and on his way out??? Makes no sense. Afleck doesn't even want the job now. I agree they need a head guy like Feige, too.

Reactions: SouthWestOKPoke
Casting decision of Batman was dumb at the time, too. So you're going to start a universe where one of the most well known characters of all time is old and on his way out??? Makes no sense. Afleck doesn't even want the job now. I agree they need a head guy like Feige, too.
Yeah, that and making his introduction apart of a Superman movie instead of just giving him his own movie. Also I didn't care for them trying to make every character dark and gritty like Batman. I did like Wonder Woman and I have heard good things about Aquaman. So there might be some hope.

Last edited:
Yeah, that and making his introduction apart of a Superman movie instead of just giving him his own movie. Also I didn't care for them trying to make every character dark and gritty like Batman. I did like Wonder Woman and I have heard good things about Aquaman. So there might be some hope.
Warner brothers execs interfere too much and Zach Snyder sucks.
The thing that is really frustrating is the fact WB did a great job casting Flash, WW, Superman, Aquaman IMO. Those guys are plenty good enough to build a universe around. I was ehhhh on Cyborg. I think the December Aquaman movie will be really good.

Reactions: SouthWestOKPoke
The thing that is really frustrating is the fact WB did a great job casting Flash, WW, Superman, Aquaman IMO. Those guys are plenty good enough to build a universe around. I was ehhhh on Cyborg. I think the December Aquaman movie will be really good.
Exactly. It also frustrates me that the DC tv universe is actually pretty well done and I really enjoy watching those shows and I am like why can't you do this with your movies and mainstay heroes.

Sidebar, do you still read the comics? I've picked back up since DC Rebirth and its been really good outside of the JLA books.

The thing Marvel did right was put actors good enough to star in their own stand alone movie as the hero before they put them together.

Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck could do it. Gaill Gadot was spectacular. Jason Mamoa, possibly.

The guy the plays Flash was funny in a supporting role. I don't think he could be the tent pole of his own movie, not to mention he's absolutely nothing like Barry Allen.

The Cyborg guy was dark and moody, nothing like the character. He's supposed to be rambunctious and full of energy. Boo-ya!

They did a much better job with Superman in Justice League. Go with that pattern the rest of the way and he'll be successful.

This all shows you why the DCEU has been flat. I know nothing about casting and making movies and I could have done a better job.

Snyder was horrible.

Last edited:
I think the reboot of the MCU is very necessary after Infinity War Part 2. I think you can only do so much with the same characters for a decade.

I don't think a full reboot is necessary. I would like to see them follow the formula of the Avengers comics I collected as a kid. Constantly changing the members of the team. Phase out some of them, gradually replace them with new and interesting heroes. The FOX merger opens up enumerable possibilities. Kill off some characters. Have some retire, or leave the planet. Keep the membership of the team fluid. It should be a lot of fun to learn about new characters and see the old ones interact with the new, etc.

Its been testing well

I will believe it when I see it. (if I see it).

They haven't put together a good movie yet, IMO (haven't seen Justice League). WW was the best of the bunch, and I would classify it as "not bad". I would probably classify it as "below average" if Gadot wasn't so enjoyable to look at.

Not unless they find a really good writer. MCU writers do a great job. DC writers not so much. You can't fix bad writing with special effects, good casting, etc.
Its been testing well
This plus i think it starts with the director. Snyder is not good... Whedon couldn't cover up all the blemishes.

WW rocked because of Patty Jenkins had direction. I think James Wan has similar focus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT