ADVERTISEMENT

Anything yet on Trump Russia collusion?

He makes a good point here:

SPICIER-600x353.png

He makes a good point here:

SPICIER-600x353.png

Not really.

A). Is anyone saying that firing Comey is "100% proof of a coverup"? Or, is the narrative more that it seems suspicious?

B). Has anyone at all claimed that Hillary's server and missing emails were "standard operating procedure"?

C). Isn't is possible that both things were bad and should not have happened?

Reactions: TheRedSon
Not really.

A). Is anyone saying that firing Comey is "100% proof of a coverup"? Or, is the narrative more that it seems suspicious?

B). Has anyone at all claimed that Hillary's server and missing emails were "standard operating procedure"?

C). Isn't is possible that both things were bad and should not have happened?
A YES

B YES

C You've missed the point completely.

He's John Podesta's brother and John co-founded the Podesta Group. They're tied to Clinton, of that there is no doubt.
John Podesta hasn't worked there since 1993.

Podesta Group Clients:
BP, Lockheed Martin, American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity, Duke Energy, Raytheon, Albania, Republic or Georgia, Kenya

Again, my story is form the NY Times, from Spring 2015. No mention of D. Trump's tweets referencing the matter.

And again, you're missing the larger point.

In 2010, Hillary Clinton, as secretary of state, was one of nine federal agency heads to sign off on Russia’s purchase of a controlling stake in Uranium One, an international mining company headquartered in Canada with operations in several U.S. states. It was part of a regular process for approving international deals involving strategic assets, such as uranium, that could have implications for national security. Uranium One’s U.S. mines produced about 11 percent of the country’s total uranium production in 2014, according to Oilprice.com.

But even with its control of Uranium One, Russia cannot export the material from the United States. Russia was likely more interested in Uranium One’s assets in Kazakhstan, the world’s largest uranium producer.

As PolitiFact and others have detailed, some investors with an interest in making the Uranium One deal go through have a long-time relationship with Bill Clinton and have donated to the Clinton Foundation. But there’s no concrete evidence those relationships or donations helped make the deal go through. Most of the donations occurred before Hillary Clinton could have known she would become secretary of state. And again, the secretary of state was one of nine agency heads that had input into the final decision, which ultimately lay with President Barack Obama.

In 2010, Hillary Clinton, as secretary of state, was one of nine federal agency heads to sign off on Russia’s purchase of a controlling stake in Uranium One, an international mining company headquartered in Canada with operations in several U.S. states. It was part of a regular process for approving international deals involving strategic assets, such as uranium, that could have implications for national security. Uranium One’s U.S. mines produced about 11 percent of the country’s total uranium production in 2014, according to Oilprice.com.

But even with its control of Uranium One, Russia cannot export the material from the United States. Russia was likely more interested in Uranium One’s assets in Kazakhstan, the world’s largest uranium producer.

As PolitiFact and others have detailed, some investors with an interest in making the Uranium One deal go through have a long-time relationship with Bill Clinton and have donated to the Clinton Foundation. But there’s no concrete evidence those relationships or donations helped make the deal go through. Most of the donations occurred before Hillary Clinton could have known she would become secretary of state. And again, the secretary of state was one of nine agency heads that had input into the final decision, which ultimately lay with President Barack Obama.

Again, in which case is there more "concrete" evidence? What about the way that Bill and Hillary Clinton have ever operated would lead one to assume that everything was above board.

MJD, real question:

Would you say that you apply the "where there's smoke there's fire" and "guilt by association" standards evenly across the political spectrum?

"Evenly"? Probably not. I'm not a "journalist".
Which is fine if you are just operating as a shill or a propagandist, but I always thought you had some concern for the truth.

Tony is the brother of John who was the campaign manager for Hillary.
Paul Manafort was the campaign manager for Trump.

Russia pumped an assload of money into Joule when Jon Podesta was a board memember.

Folks declaring definitively that there is "nothing to" Russian collusion claims aren't reserving judgment until there is evidence. They are equally making a judgment without evidence as much as those declaring him guilty.

It's funny that you're able to make yourself feel really good about reams of evidence if they're on your team.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Russia pumped an assload of money into Joule when Jon Podesta was a board memember.

It's funny that you're able to make yourself feel really good about reams of evidence if they're on your team.

I don't feel good about any of this BS.

I have stated, many times, that I am in favor of an investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

It is funny that you, a guy I consider to be very intelligent, can so easily fall for both the [There is nothing but imagination behind the idea that Trump/his team have ties to Russia] and the [It wasn't Trump, it was the Clintons] narratives.

Why not investigate both claims and find out what's what?

Folks declaring definitively that there is "nothing to" Russian collusion claims aren't reserving judgment until there is evidence. They are equally making a judgment without evidence as much as those declaring him guilty.

I don't think claiming definitively that to this point there is nothing to the claims is quite the same logical stretch, but I get your point.

I think it's more of a Schrödinger's cat conundrum - with two sides debating the different possible fates of the cat. If the validity of the Russian collusion claims are analogous to the cat, my basic position is, if that pussy was ever alive we would have heard it make noise by now, and it's been in that box for like 9 months. So if it's not dead, I'm pretty sure the cat is more likely to be dead with every passing day. Stupid cat.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
I don't think claiming definitively that to this point there is nothing to the claims is quite the same logical stretch, but I get your point.

I think it's more of a Schrödinger's cat conundrum - with two sides debating the different possible fates of the cat. If the validity of the Russian collusion claims are analogous to the cat, my basic position is, if that pussy was ever alive we would have heard it make noise by now, and it's been in that box for like 9 months. So if it's not dead, I'm pretty sure the cat is more likely to be dead with every passing day. Stupid cat.
This.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT