ADVERTISEMENT

Another negative piece

To be fair, fans have certainly not be supportive of Gundy (some for good reason, some for GDS).
Agree but this seems a little more over the edge lately. It isn’t every once in awhile. I think Tramel last two pieces have been negative. Then they wonder why he doesn’t talk to them. I do know it works both ways. I think they need Gundy more than he needs them. How dare them write just one negative piece on OU.

To me it is more just pot stirring articles than anything else.

Agree but this seems a little more over the edge lately. It isn’t every once in awhile. I think Tramel last two pieces have been negative. Then they wonder why he doesn’t talk to them. I do know it works both ways. I think they need Gundy more than he needs them. How dare them write just one negative piece on OU.

To me it is more just pot stirring articles than anything else.
OSU also has a chance to have a great year...why not try to put some more drama in the program and see if they can stop it?

Chuba is living in your head rent free.

this statement has gotten so old. I’m not just saying that because a sociopath liked your post, but why is talking about someone “living rent free?” This is the cry of the toontowns of the world. When you do something that is considered stupid or outrageous, it gets talked about. Often.

this statement has gotten so old. I’m not just saying that because a sociopath liked your post, but why is talking about someone “living rent free?” This is the cry of the toontowns of the world. When you do something that is considered stupid or outrageous, it gets talked about. Often.
It’s just fascinating to me that people are still so bothered by ShirtGate three months later. Outrage is a funny thing like that, I suppose. You gonna boo Chuba?

Reactions: davidallen
OSU hasn’t done themselves any favors and have continued to make headlines for the wrong things. Gundy’s Covid comments, Gundy wearing the wrong shirt, our star player being dumb, internal investigation, our HC essentially publicly punished, leaking a false narrative about the mood and culture within the AD, airing dirty laundry in the media regarding budget cuts, etc....

We can’t get out of our own way. Sure some in the Oklahoma media push it and jump all over it but stop giving them material and there is less to work with.

It’s just fascinating to me that people are still so bothered by ShirtGate three months later. Outrage is a funny thing like that, I suppose. You gonna boo Chuba?

A kid tries to bring down one of our most exciting seasons in a decade and you are surprised people are talking about? People who have invested thousands of dollars and countless hours to this program their entire life? Chuba is gone in six months and he leaves in his wake a giant dirty recruiting tool for all of our competitors to use.

All because gundy wore a t shirt of a news network that was spot on in their reporting. A group called blm who have burned down sections of our country and you are surprised that people talk about athletes who align themselves with the most disgusting characters of our society?

it’s in the forefront of almost every story In the news, but “rent free!”

A kid tries to bring down one of our most exciting seasons in a decade and you are surprised people are talking about? People who have invested thousands of dollars and countless hours to this program their entire life? Chuba is gone in six months and he leaves in his wake a giant dirty recruiting tool for all of our competitors to use.

All because gundy wore a t shirt of a news network that was spot on in their reporting. A group called blm who have burned down sections of our country and you are surprised that people talk about athletes who align themselves with the most disgusting characters of our society?

A kid whose personal beliefs are in diametric opposition to a number of conservative alumni caused a big stir when he spoke his mind on Gundy wearing the shirt. We all agree that Chuba didn’t handle it well, and there’s definitely a better way he could have explained himself in the aftermath. But your (and others’) assertion that it was all part of some diabolical scheme to bring down the season or program or whatever is ridiculous at best. Moreover, anyone’s claims about Chuba’s character or the type of person he is are nothing more than speculative bullshit and projection. Truth is, most people don’t know him at all (me included).

People can do what they want with their money and time. That’s their right. Guess what? This whole thing started with Gundy wearing the shirt. Dumb as the situation was, it’s the truth. Maaaaaybe that wasn’t the smartest choice in hindsight, no?

Reactions: WingPoke
A kid whose personal beliefs are in diametric opposition to a number of conservative alumni caused a big stir when he spoke his mind on Gundy wearing the shirt. We all agree that Chuba didn’t handle it well, and there’s definitely a better way he could have explained himself in the aftermath. But your (and others’) assertion that it was all part of some diabolical scheme to bring down the season or program or whatever is ridiculous at best. Moreover, anyone’s claims about Chuba’s character or the type of person he is are nothing more than speculative bullshit and projection. Truth is, most people don’t know him at all (me included).

People can do what they want with their money and time. That’s their right. Guess what? This whole thing started with Gundy wearing the shirt. Dumb as the situation was, it’s the truth. Maaaaaybe that wasn’t the smartest choice in hindsight, no?

I thought we were arguing about how stupid your opinion was on people still talking about all this after three months? I don’t wish to rehash the original argument with someone of your caliber, but I do want you to admit that “rent free” is the dumbest insult in the world because people talk about idiotic things more than they talk about boring uneventful things.
I’m going to @ you and make fun of you in the future. It’s not because you are living rent free anywhere, it’s because it amuses me to pick low hanging fruit.

just like @osuhoops316. He should take no pride in being made fun of or being mentioned because it’s actually like receiving a last place ribbon over and over.

Reactions: TrueToOSU
Just win and all will be forgiven and forgotten. We go to the playoffs, no OSU fan in their right mind will fault anything that happened. We lose 3 games or more with this schedule, we see wholesale changes.

Reactions: BiloxiPoke
I thought we were arguing about how stupid your opinion was on people still talking about all this after three months? I don’t wish to rehash the original argument with someone of your caliber, but I do want you to admit that “rent free” is the dumbest insult in the world because people talk about idiotic things more than they talk about boring uneventful things.
I’m going to @ you and make fun of you in the future. It’s not because you are living rent free anywhere, it’s because it amuses me to pick low hanging fruit.

just like @osuhoops316. He should take no pride in being made fun of or being mentioned because it’s actually like receiving a last place ribbon over and over.
I think you might be surprised about some of the things you and I agree on. Just not this subject, though.

And yes, anyone booing Chuba during the season or choosing to live in the past about ShirtGate are being silly and looking for fights when there’s no point. If you want to dwell among them, that’s your prerogative.

“I’m not going to say things to you because I’m preoccupied with you; it’s just that I want to keep thinking about you when I say things on the Internet.” OK.

Just win and all will be forgiven and forgotten. We go to the playoffs, no OSU fan in their right mind will fault anything that happened. We lose 3 games or more with this schedule, we see wholesale changes.
It’s pretty clear: just win.

@BiloxiPoke, you are asking some on here including me to get over what Chuba did. That is not going to happen. This is a young man who made a conscious effort to bring negative attention to the OSU football program that will have material impact to our recruiting effort at OSU. Many on here continually (including you) slam the recruiting of our coaches. You tell everyone that will listen how many mistakes we make, how bad a job we do, where we fail to make offers, how are coaches are stupid. I am amazed how you are missing on this one but dig constantly on every other recruiting issue we have.

@BiloxiPoke, you are asking some on here including me to get over what Chuba did. That is not going to happen. This is a young man who made a conscious effort to bring negative attention to the OSU football program that will have material impact to our recruiting effort at OSU. Many on here continually (including you) slam the recruiting of our coaches. You tell everyone that will listen how many mistakes we make, how bad a job we do, where we fail to make offers, how are coaches are stupid. I am amazed how you are missing on this one but dig constantly on every other recruiting issue we have.
I freely admit that Chuba went about things the wrong way and I would guess ShirtGate has definitely affected things on the recruiting trail. It was a shit show. All I’m saying is that Chuba wasn’t the only actor in that drama, and to cast all blame on him alone is misguided.

I also don’t think he’s the malicious character some have made him out to be. From everything we’ve seen and heard about him in his career up until ShirtGate, he’s been a quiet, humble kid and a good teammate. You see the same thing in those behind-the-scenes segments ESPN is producing right now.

Last edited:
leaking a false narrative about the mood and culture within the AD
I'm beginning to wonder just how false is this narrative? Now should it have been released?? Probably not, but I'm not so sure its "false".

Reactions: OKSTATE1
I freely admit that Chuba went about things the wrong way and I would guess ShirtGate has definitely affected things on the recruiting trail. It was a shit show. All I’m saying is that Chuba wasn’t the only actor in that drama, and to cast all blame on him alone is misguided.

I also don’t think he’s the malicious character some have made him out to be. From everything we’ve seen and heard about him in his career up until ShirtGate, he’s been a quiet, humble kid and a good teammate. You see the same thing in those behind-the-scenes segments ESPN is producing right now.
Still beating the "a coach doesn't have the right to wear a dirty, throwaway t-shirt to the lake with his boys" drum, huh? Do you feel like you're getting a lot of mileage out of that argument?

The very idea of picking out a t-shirt for fishing at the lake indicates that he didn't give three craps about that shirt and certainly wasn't wearing it as a statement, but somehow in your twisted logic it was a hideous faux pas and he should've thought of beforehand and considered the opinions of some snowflakes on the extremely small chance that they'd even see it.

Thanks to a shit-stirring a-hole posing as an OSU journalist and an extremely ill-informed and intolerant snowflake running back, it was a story--and Gundy owns about 0.00000001% of the blame for it. So let's stop implying that he has a lot to apologize for.

Yes, he is humble as he should have been three months ago. This is an individual that has more positives in his life then he could have ever imagined living in Sherwood Park, Alberta. Compared to most college kids in his situation he never has to worry about what to eat or how nutritionally sound it might be. He has arguably the best strength and conditioning program in America to prepare him for the next level. Chuba is coached and tutored in one of the most amazing facilities in college sports. He never has to pay a dime for a quality education as most of his peers have to yet he is trying to tell the world about change. Give me a break! I am pissed at him and the other athletes making millions telling everyone things have to change. Take your millions and give it to the oppressed then come to table and tell all of us how bad it is. You might be believable then! He was a dumbass kid that allowed someone to tell him how bad it is and write a Tweet how to explain it. Chuba is not innocent, he is gullible and shame on society driving for agenda to play off the fact the kid is a great athlete playing in a great program.

Still beating the "a coach doesn't have the right to wear a dirty, throwaway t-shirt to the lake with his boys" drum, huh? Do you feel like you're getting a lot of mileage out of that argument?

The very idea of picking out a t-shirt for fishing at the lake indicates that he didn't give three craps about that shirt and certainly wasn't wearing it as a statement, but somehow in your twisted logic it was a hideous faux pas and he should've thought of beforehand and considered the opinions of some snowflakes on the extremely small chance that they'd even see it.

Thanks to a shit-stirring a-hole posing as an OSU journalist and an extremely ill-informed and intolerant snowflake running back, it was a story--and Gundy owns about 0.00000001% of the blame for it. So let's stop implying that he has a lot to apologize for.
Damn, now I'm fired up on a Monday, thanks Tons!!!

Reactions: Ostatedchi

Did you miss the article a while back revealing emails between Gundy and an OAN rep wherein Gundy requests a hat in addition to the shirt? Link:

I’ve already stated elsewhere that Gundy had every right to wear the shirt. He does. Absolutely. Just like Chuba had every right to voice his displeasure.

Freedom of speech/expression does not mean freedom from disagreement. Gundy and Chuba have both learned that, but only one of them is 53 years old and the head coach of a Power 5 college football team made up of predominantly black athletes. It wasn’t a smart move. This is clear to most people by now, especially HCMG. It’s also clear that you and I aren’t going to agree on this. Which is fine.

All that being said, I’m over ShirtGate. I hope Mike Gundy wins a lot this season and the Cowboys do well in what’s sure to be a crazy-ass season. If OSU doesn’t do well or Gundy does something else to sew discord within the AD, then the university can cut ties with him and we’ll bring in someone else. Simple as that.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to wonder just how false is this narrative? Now should it have been released?? Probably not, but I'm not so sure its "false".

I don’t know what else to label it. Literally every other head coach came out in unified support of our AD and our athletic department within days of the story.

It wasn’t a smart move.
This is not a reasonable take. It's like saying you shouldn't have taken your kids to school because a drunken driver running a red light t-boned you on the way.

Gundy kowtowing to the twitter mob, of which you seem to be a proud advocate, should not be confused with some newfound enlightenment that his first amendment rights suddenly don't matter if they offend society's youngest and least-informed segment. He did it to save millions of dollars, nothing more. Pretending that he learned from Chuba what to wear on his private time is comical.

I was told today football can’t get here fast enough and fingers crossed we are able to play the season. The cuts and furlough and with everything else going on the atmosphere is the worst it has ever been.

I don’t know what else to label it. Literally every other head coach came out in unified support of our AD and our athletic department within days of the story
True and you have way more info than I ever will but those statements just looked so canned to me, I wonder how genuine... Then a few days later this whole story breaks, and it really makes me scratch my head. But you might be right Gundy is probably behind all of it.

Did you miss the article a while back revealing emails between Gundy and an OAN rep wherein Gundy requests a hat in addition to the shirt? Link:

You know what none of that asks which is equally (and probably more) pertinent?

There's zero chance Chuba had previous knowledge of any content on OAN. Gundy didn't. You didn't. Nobody on this board or anywhere had a clue.

The real question is "Who hotboxed Chuba and fed him the line?" He didn't come up with it on his own.

@BiloxiPoke do you even care about this question, or does it not fit your agenda?

Gundy did NOTHING wrong wearing a T-Shirt.

Unless he wants African American players future and present to want to play for him.

He can sleep with a MAGA hat on under an OAN blanket but publicly, he needs to realize what he says, wears, and does speaks for him and his PROGRAM as far as his AA players and recruits are concerned. So unless he wants a program that looks like BYU in absence of people of color, he needs to be smarter about the whole issue.
Nothing more and nothing less.

Of course he had the right to wear that shirt, speak his support of OAN and repeat Trump in calling COVID-19 the “China Virus” as long as he realizes how it impacts his current players and recruiting of future players of color.

If he’s a short timer, he probably doesn’t care and we’ll know that fairly soon I would imagine. His checked out status he was called on seemed to show where his mind is relative to the future.

Still, all other Power Five Head Coaches have managed to avoid the same negative pub and damage to recruiting by being more self-aware.

You know what none of that asks which is equally (and probably more) pertinent?

There's zero chance Chuba had previous knowledge of any content on OAN. Gundy didn't. You didn't. Nobody on this board or anywhere had a clue.

The real question is "Who hotboxed Chuba and fed him the line?" He didn't come up with it on his own.

@BiloxiPoke do you even care about this question, or does it not fit your agenda?
OAN is a fringe conservative “news network” of which Gundy was aware prior to ShirtGate. He said he was a fan, which prompted the OAN rep to email him offering the free swag. Gundy asked for a hat as well as a shirt. Those are the facts, not an agenda. He could have asked for a hoodie for all I care, but this apparent assumption by some that Gundy was a passive consumer of OAN merch doesn’t hold water IMO. You have a media org who’s on record as repeatedly saying Black Lives Matter is a farce. Whether you agree with that or not, as the leader of a team of young Black men, it was not a good choice for Gundy to wear the shirt. Kyle Boone really enflamed the whole thing and then Chuba chimed in. It was a shit show that could have been avoided.

Again, I’m just ready for the games to be played so we can put this mess behind us.

Last edited:
Unless he wants African American players future and present to want to play for him.

He can sleep with a MAGA hat on under an OAN blanket but publicly, he needs to realize what he says, wears, and does speaks for him and his PROGRAM as far as his AA players and recruits are concerned. So unless he wants a program that looks like BYU in absence of people of color, he needs to be smarter about the whole issue.
Nothing more and nothing less.

Of course he had the right to wear that shirt, speak his support of OAN and repeat Trump in calling COVID-19 the “China Virus” as long as he realizes how it impacts his current players and recruiting of future players of color.

If he’s a short timer, he probably doesn’t care and we’ll know that fairly soon I would imagine. His checked out status he was called on seemed to show where his mind is relative to the future.

Still, all other Power Five Head Coaches have managed to avoid the same negative pub and damage to recruiting by being more self-aware.

You assume all African Americans hate free speech and are bigots, sad. Look like BYU? More bigot BS. Plenty of AA's are woke... You just want to keep them on the Dim plantation white splaining to them how they should feel about being an AA.

He can sleep with a MAGA hat on under an OAN blanket but publicly, he needs to realize what he says, wears, and does speaks for him and his PROGRAM as far as his AA players and recruits are concerned.
Well said. Sums up my overall point.

I’m done posting ITT about ShirtGate. Would rather not talk about it at all and just let it die. Gonna try to focus on more positive topics about the team and the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: killmnl

BS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT