ADVERTISEMENT

Just Another Day In The Empire

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
Ho hum, it’s become so normal we don’t even notice it anymore. It’s a good thing we’re the good guys! Have you noticed how no matter the incident Israel is always the victim, and in association no matter the incident the US is always the good guy? How fortuitous!

Sometimes there's a peace only to be found on the other side of war.

Sometimes there's a peace only to be found on the other side of war.
Right. The US Empire has 800+/- war-making military installations around the world for the purpose of peace. It’s amazing how well it’s worked out.

Ho hum, it’s become so normal we don’t even notice it anymore. It’s a good thing we’re the good guys! Have you noticed how no matter the incident Israel is always the victim, and in association no matter the incident the US is always the good guy? How fortuitous!

What is the difference between a "Terrorist" and a "Freedom fighter"?

Its which sides "interests" they are fighting for

I have a cynical notion that they’re all terrorists. I can’t think of a single one whose true goal is freedom. So essentially it’s one terrorist group that has control of the state apparatus vs another terrorist group that wants it.

I have a cynical notion that they’re all terrorists. I can’t think of a single one whose true goal is freedom. So essentially it’s one terrorist group that has control of the state apparatus vs another terrorist group that wants it.
To me, it seems the longer they "do their thing" it changes from fighting for a cause, to just a way of life

Reactions: Ponca Dan
To me, it seems the longer they "do their thing" it changes from fighting for a cause, to just a way of life
Arguably the best thing you’ve ever posted on this board. I don’t think it could be said better.

iu

Nope.

French Resistance, Nicaraguan Contras - freedom fighters who fought against fundamentally evil ideologies.

Moslems - terrorists who fight against fundamentally good ideologies.

It’s really not that hard to understand, unless you’re a leftist punk who hates Jews and freedom.

You just proved my point, to us, the French resistance were Freedom fighters, to the Nazi's they were terrorist.....
With the flag in your post.......to you I am sure the Confederate state were Freedom fighters......to me, they were Traitors who tried to take over this country

Nope.

French Resistance, Nicaraguan Contras - freedom fighters who fought against fundamentally evil ideologies.

Moslems - terrorists who fight against fundamentally good ideologies.

It’s really not that hard to understand, unless you’re a leftist punk who hates Jews and freedom.
There were Jews in Nazi concentration camps that collaborated with their persecutors, helping run the camps and in some cases helping to decide which internees should be killed and which should stay alive. If one criticizes those Jews for what they did does that make one an antiSemite?

There were Jews in Nazi concentration camps that collaborated with their persecutors, helping run the camps and in some cases helping to decide which internees should be killed and which should stay alive. If one criticizes those Jews for what they did does that make one an antiSemite?
No. But the terrorist state with whom you have sided wants to exterminate Jews, along with other religions, from the planet. That definitely makes them anti-Semite. It fact, it makes them anti-everything-except-moslems.

No. But the terrorist state with whom you have sided wants to exterminate Jews, along with other religions, from the planet. That definitely makes them anti-Semite. It fact, it makes them anti-everything-except-moslems.
Pray tell, what terrorist state have I sided with? Can you explain how I’ve sided with it? If a population is antiSemitic and, as you claim, wants to exterminate all Jews, is it therefore proper to exterminate them instead? One extermination is bad but the other extermination is good?

What you don't understand is that this is a defensive action by Israel, not offensive.

No. But you are. And just going to dodge the 'proof' questions I see.
No, I’n not dodging. I’m waiting for new numbers to be released at which time I’ll post the link. You will of course dispute those numbers at which time I will make you the same offer I made to two other posters on this board (who declined the offer) for you to post the numbers you believe to be accurate and we can compromise by splitting the difference and agree those are the “real” numbers.

No, I’n not dodging. I’m waiting for new numbers to be released at which time I’ll post the link. You will of course dispute those numbers at which time I will make you the same offer I made to two other posters on this board (who declined the offer) for you to post the numbers you believe to be accurate and we can compromise by splitting the difference and agree those are the “real” numbers.
Nope. It's you asserting a claim. It's up to you to back it up with evidence. Just like you require of Israel's claims.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
I need photo/video evidence of each and every death and that they weren't a member of Hamas or directly supporting terroristic activities. Just as you require evidence of mass rape of Jews.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
This is from a quick Google request, but it’s over a month old, so the numbers are worse (or better if you’re a fan of genocide) as of today. But I’m willing to use this number for the sake of our compromise.
Again, that's not evidence.

That is not proof. That's just the Gaza ministry making a claim. I need proof just as you do.
Exactly, it’s not proof, it’s a made up number you would never accept. Hamas has every incentive to lie about the nimbers, so let’s not accept them. Show us Israel’s numbers, let’s assume they’re lying too and we can split the difference. That way neither one of us can accuse the other of misinformation. I did see an interview Bibi had on American tv (Fox, I think) where he said the IDF had killed10,000 Hamas fighters and bragged how proud he was that the ratio was one civilian for every Hamas fighter. That would put his number at 20,000. Do you want to go with that number?

Exactly, it’s not proof, it’s a made up number you would never accept. Hamas has every incentive to lie about the nimbers, so let’s not accept them. Show us Israel’s numbers, let’s assume they’re lying too and we can split the difference. That way neither one of us can accuse the other of misinformation. I did see an interview Bibi had on American tv (Fox, I think) where he said the IDF had killed10,000 Hamas fighters and bragged how proud he was that the ratio was one civilian for every Hamas fighter. That would put his number at 20,000. Do you want to go with that number?
Nope. There are so many false dichotomy arguments in your proposal to be ridiculous. You are making the claim, not me. Prove it or be a bitch.

Nope. There are so many false dichotomy arguments in your proposal to be ridiculous. You are making the claim, not me. Prove it or be a bitch.
How many false dichotomies do you detect? Can you point out five or six of them?

You assume both sides are making up numbers.
You assume they are both making up numbers to the same magnitude.
You assume that taking the average of the two will reveal the true number.

I'm not making a claim either way. I'm just asking for proof of the numbers you keep posting. If someone else on the board is stating as fact the number Israel is claiming then I'd want proof of that as well.

The only numbers I know for sure were three hostages who tried to surrender to the IDF and were gunned down..........that just shows that they are not being very selective in their targets

• Haha
You assume both sides are making up numbers.
You assume they are both making up numbers to the same magnitude.
You assume that taking the average of the two will reveal the true number.

I'm not making a claim either way. I'm just asking for proof of the numbers you keep posting. If someone else on the board is stating as fact the number Israel is claiming then I'd want proof of that as well.
Really, you’d want proof? Did you want proof of beheaded babies, proof of a baby roasted in an oven, proof that a baby was ripped from its mother’s womb? Hell I didn’t ask for proof of mass rapes, just evidence, and you lost your shit.

I am not assuming any of the things you think I’m assuming. I’m just looking for a number we could mutually agree on as a starting point in a conversation. But we both know no matter what that number may be it would look very bad for Israel. So it comes as no surprise you don’t want to indulge.

Really, you’d want proof? Did you want proof of beheaded babies, proof of a baby roasted in an oven, proof that a baby was ripped from its mother’s womb? Hell I didn’t ask for proof of mass rapes, just evidence, and you lost your shit.

I am not assuming any of the things you think I’m assuming. I’m just looking for a number we could mutually agree on as a starting point in a conversation. But we both know no matter what that number may be it would look very bad for Israel. So it comes as no surprise you don’t want to indulge.
Nope. I think those are ancillary issues that distract from the core issue. I've said I don't care if they are true or not. That doesn't detract from Israel's right to fight Hamas in Gaza or others who attack them.

In my opinion you need to prove your claims or STFU. You sure seem to be outraged by Israel's supposed genocide of the people of Gaza, but then can't even agree that it's actually happening since you have no real evidence.

Nope. I think those are ancillary issues that distract from the core issue. I've said I don't care if they are true or not. That doesn't detract from Israel's right to fight Hamas in Gaza or others who attack them.

In my opinion you need to prove your claims or STFU. You sure seem to be outraged by Israel's supposed genocide of the people of Gaza, but then can't even agree that it's actually happening since you have no real evidence.
Then why did you go bonkers when I asked for evidence of mass rapes? That’s a clever tactic, by the way, saying you’ll only accept proof that 28K+ Palestinians are dead and the only proof you’ll accept is photos of all 28K+.

Then why did you go bonkers when I asked for evidence of mass rapes? That’s a clever tactic, by the way, saying you’ll only accept proof that 28K+ Palestinians are dead and the only proof you’ll accept is photos of all 28K+.
Didn't go bonkers. I just called you out for being a hypocrite on the topic. Then started using it to hoist you on your own petard since you were the sticker for proof.

Didn't go bonkers. I just called you out for being a hypocrite on the topic. Then started using it to hoist you on your own petard since you were the sticker for proof.
Except I didn’t ask for proof, just evidence. And I’m sorry, you went bonkers that I’d dare ask the IDF to give further evidence than an initial assertion. Anyway, if you ever find the numbers of dead Palestinians the IDF says it’s killed since Oct 7, post them.

• Haha
Reactions: Ostatedchi
You are the one claiming genocide. Yet you can't provide evidence of anything remotely close.
I’ve provided evidence. You were wanting “proof.” It doesn’t matter whether you admit it’s genocide, it’s genocide whether you admit it or not. I understand you want to stick to inconsequential malarky, it’s the best you can do. In four months Israel has killed one of every 100 Gazans. Anybody with a brain would see it for what it is. and what it is is genocide.

Pray tell, what terrorist state have I sided with? Can you explain how I’ve sided with it? If a population is antiSemitic and, as you claim, wants to exterminate all Jews, is it therefore proper to exterminate them instead? One extermination is bad but the other extermination is good?
You’ve sided with the terrorist state situated in Gaza. Deny all you want. It’s clear to everyone around here with room temperature IQ or greater.

I’ve provided evidence. You were wanting “proof.” It doesn’t matter whether you admit it’s genocide, it’s genocide whether you admit it or not. I understand you want to stick to inconsequential malarky, it’s the best you can do. In four months Israel has killed one of every 100 Gazans. Anybody with a brain would see it for what it is. and what it is is genocide.
You can't even settle on a valid number of deaths.

You can't even settle on a valid number of deaths.
Oh but I did settle, and I shared the link. I’m just trying to be fair and have you show me the numbers you settle on. For some strange reason you dispute the numbers I settled on, but don’t have the stones to make a counter offer. And here I thought you were some kick-ass poker gambler. Hell, you’re folding before looking at your cards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT