ADVERTISEMENT

11,500 And Counting

So your claim of the US committing genocide during WW2 is a metaphor for Israel committing genocide?
You do know what a metaphor is, do you not?

But first let's recap: I said Israel is committing genocide. You asked if that meant the US committed genocide in Dresden, Hirosima and Nagasaki. I replied yes, thinking you were intelligent enough to recognize it was a maetaphor. Silly me, I should have said "metaphorically speaking, yes." You thought you had come up with a very clever "gotcha" and pounced.

So let's explain the metaphor to you since you obviously don't see it. When the allied soldiers went into combat against German or Japanese soldiers they were killing soldiers because they were *soldiers,* not because they were Germans or Japanese. However, the killings in Dresden, Hisorshima and Nagasaki were made because the victims were Germans and Japanese, not because they were soldiers. Murdering people because of their race and/or attempting to annihilate a culture practiced by a certain race is the primary element of genocide. While Dresden and Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not examples of true geniocide, they very much can be used as a metaphor for genocide.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Medic007
You do know what a metaphor is, do you not?

But first let's recap> I said Israel is committing genocide. You asked if that meant the US committed genocide in Dresden, Hirosima and Nagasaki. I replied yes, thinking you were intelligent enough to recognize it was a maetaphor. Silly me, I should have said "metaphorically speaking, yes." You thought you had come up with a very clever "gotcha" and pounced.

So let's explain the metaphor to you since you obviously don't see it. When the allied soldiers went into combat against German or Japanese soldiers they were killing soldiers because they were *soldiers,* not because they were Germans or Japanese. However, the killings in Dresden, Hisorshima and Nagasaki were made because the victims were Germans and Japanese, not because they were soldiers. Murdering people because of their race and/or attempting to annihilate a culture practiced by a certain race is the primary element of genocide. While Dresden and Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not examples of true geniocide, they very much can be used as a metaphor for genocide.
Sorry Dan, but you use "genocide" like the dipshits on the left use "racism," "transphobia," "Islamophobia," and all of their other buzzwords.

We didn't kill German and Japanese civilians because they were German and Japanese. It was a strategic move to take out the human resources and will to fight out of two countries who we were at war with (ironically, it was a war the US didn't start). The strategy ended the war, no? Weird how that works.

It wasn’t a metaphor. It was your feeble attempt to try to lend credibility to your slovenly use of "genocide." You probably should turn the entire bike around instead of just trying to pedal backwards.

Sorry Dan, but you use "genocide" like the dipshits on the left use "racism," "transphobia," "Islamophobia," and all of their other buzzwords.

We didn't kill German and Japanese civilians because they were German and Japanese. It was a strategic move to take out the human resources and will to fight out of two countries who we were at war with (ironically, it was a war the US didn't start). The strategy ended the war, no? Weird how that works.

It wasn’t a metaphor. It was your feeble attempt to try to lend credibility to your slovenly use of "genocide." You probably should turn the entire bike around instead of just trying to pedal backwards.
Sorry, Medic, but the war with Japan was already over, Japan was negotiaing surrender before we dropped the bombs. We dropped the bombs because we could, and we dropped the bombs because of our hatred for the Japanese for what their government did at Pearl Harbor. Firebombing Dresden was savagery at its finest, it had no effect on winning or losing the war.

You object to my use of the term genocide regarding what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. Maybe you don't know, but the overwhelming majority of people on this planet call it genocide, and it will have far reaching consequences for both Israel for committing it and the US for tolerating it. This ain't your 1950's world any longer. And the sooner we realize that the sooner we can staunch the diplomatic bleeding that will drain us dry if we don't do something about it now. Your gang on this message board are a decided minority, you just don't know it because you mummify yourself in your comfortable bubble. I'm curious what you call it if you can't bring yourself to admit it is genocide straight up.

I was going to say and he might even want to watch to make sure she gets her punishment.
thecuckchair.jpg

ALso I like how now he is here to keep us honest. lol

Also Also stop bagging on Humus I eat that shit daily and don't rape your women and blow-up buildings. It pairs excellent with carrots.

• Love
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Do you have any idea how boring this board would be if I didn’t stir things up? All the leftists on this board have been run off and this would be nothing but a permanent circle jerk as all these yahoos would do is slap each other on the back and tell each other how clever they are until they quit coming here one by one because they’d know how boring it is. Don’t misunderstand, I’m not trolling, I wouldn’t say what I say if I didn’t believe it. And my skin is very thick, the taunts and insults register with me as coming from people who can’t argue the point or realize how flimsy their point is or just want to show the other guys they’re cool like them. Deflection is also a well used tactic I see from some of them every day. I get a chuckle when I’m accused of saying the same thing over and over by people who say the same thing over and over. How many times do I have to hear “this would all end today if Hamas would just surrender?” Anyway, I’m not going anywhere, I’ll be posting articles condemning Israel’s use of genocide because I know deep in their souls many of these guys know what Israel is doing is pure evil and there will come a time when their conscience gets the best of them and they’ll say (if only to themselves) Dan is right, what Israel is doing is not good.
Nah...you're still just a useless, shit posting troll polluting the board with pro-terrorist propaganda.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Sorry, Medic, but the war with Japan was already over, Japan was negotiaing surrender before we dropped the bombs. We dropped the bombs because we could, and we dropped the bombs because of our hatred for the Japanese for what their government did at Pearl Harbor. Firebombing Dresden was savagery at its finest, it had no effect on winning or losing the war.

You object to my use of the term genocide regarding what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. Maybe you don't know, but the overwhelming majority of people on this planet call it genocide, and it will have far reaching consequences for both Israel for committing it and the US for tolerating it. This ain't your 1950's world any longer. And the sooner we realize that the sooner we can staunch the diplomatic bleeding that will drain us dry if we don't do something about it now. Your gang on this message board are a decided minority, you just don't know it because you mummify yourself in your comfortable bubble. I'm curious what you call it if you can't bring yourself to admit it is genocide straight up.

Half the world?

Be honest.

What are some of the other gems coming from that half?

We dropped the bombs because we could, and we dropped the bombs because of our hatred for the Japanese for what their government did at Pearl Harbor.
Uhhhh, you might want to look up the Japanese word "mokusatsu" and how that was translated in Japan's response to the Potsdam Declaration before claiming we dropped atomic bombs out of hatred and revenge.
Firebombing Dresden was savagery at its finest, it had no effect on winning or losing the war.
The effects of heavy bombing on Germany have actually been well documented and those facts disagree with you. It absolutely had an effect on German production and morale. Did we go overboard in hindsight? Yes we did. Unfortunately sometimes you don't know what you don't know until after.
I'm curious what you call it if you can't bring yourself to admit it is genocide straight up.
I call it terrible that Hamas uses Palestinians as body armor and propaganda. As we've previously discussed, Israel uses bomb shelters to protect civilians. Hamas uses civilians as bomb catchers to protect themselves.

@Medic007 here you go

ior to the atomic attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, elements existed within the Japanese government that were trying to find a way to end the war. In June and July 1945, Japan attempted to enlist the help of the Soviet Union to serve as an intermediary in negotiations. No direct communication occurred with the United States about peace talks, but American leaders knew of these maneuvers because the United States for a long time had been intercepting and decoding many internal Japanese diplomatic communications. From these intercepts, the United States learned that some within the Japanese government advocated outright surrender. A few diplomats overseas cabled home to urge just that.

Hiroshima was aug 6 1945. Nagasaki was aug 9 1945 and then they surrendered on the 15th only after the second bomb.

@Medic007 here you go

ior to the atomic attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, elements existed within the Japanese government that were trying to find a way to end the war. In June and July 1945, Japan attempted to enlist the help of the Soviet Union to serve as an intermediary in negotiations. No direct communication occurred with the United States about peace talks, but American leaders knew of these maneuvers because the United States for a long time had been intercepting and decoding many internal Japanese diplomatic communications. From these intercepts, the United States learned that some within the Japanese government advocated outright surrender. A few diplomats overseas cabled home to urge just that.

Hiroshima was aug 6 1945. Nagasaki was aug 9 1945 and then they surrendered on the 15th only after the second bomb.
Negotiations had begun before that. Japan was very concerned that the Emperor would retain his status as emperor/god. Dropping atom bombs on those two cities was totally unnecessary.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Negotiations had begun before that. Japan was very concerned that the Emperor would retain his status as emperor/god. Dropping atom bombs on those two cities was totally unnecessary.
So you’re arguing with a government website. The .gov at the end is a dead give away. Dan your history books are shyt.

Uhhhh, you might want to look up the Japanese word "mokusatsu" and how that was translated in Japan's response to the Potsdam Declaration before claiming we dropped atomic bombs out of hatred and revenge.

The effects of heavy bombing on Germany have actually been well documented and those facts disagree with you. It absolutely had an effect on German production and morale. Did we go overboard in hindsight? Yes we did. Unfortunately sometimes you don't know what you don't know until after.

I call it terrible that Hamas uses Palestinians as body armor and propaganda. As we've previously discussed, Israel uses bomb shelters to protect civilians. Hamas uses civilians as bomb catchers to protect themselves.
Heavy bombing on German industry did not include Dresden. Dresden was firebombed and had very little in the way of German military industrial capacity.

Japan had already told the US it was prepared to surrender, it just wanted to maintain the status of the empror. I was probably out over my skies with the "hatred & revenge" comment. My opinion in that regard has been highly influenced by one of my aunts who hated the Japanese to her dying day for Peal Harbor.

I can understand why you are so reluctant to admit Israel is committing genocide; you've convinced yourself the overzealous murdering of every Palestinian with whom it comes into contact by the IDF is neceesary. Kill as many as it takes until you kill all of Hamas!

Half the world?

Be honest.

What are some of the other gems coming from that half?
Considerably more than half the world. BRICS is an attempt to usurp the dollar as the world currence, and it has momentum. There are several other things on the menu, I don't have time to post about them right now. You don't know about any of it because you immerse yourelf in nothing but NeoCon propaganda. I keep posting things the rest of the world is trying to tell us - shouting at the top of their collective voices, actually - but you don't want to hear about it or think about it, you just want to think none of it is important because we'll just blow them up if they get on our bad side.

Heavy bombing on German industry did not include Dresden. Dresden was firebombed and had very little in the way of German military industrial capacity.
Uh, Dan, you do know that Dresden housed a railway center that was vital to the Germans ability to possibly stop the Soviet Union, right? It was also a significant crossroads for military transportation. Maps of wartime Dresden are available via Google.

Japan had already told the US it was prepared to surrender, it just wanted to maintain the status of the empror.
Where are you getting that Japan had already told the US it was prepared to surrender? Japan had been communicating with Russia to help with a peace agreement that would end hostilities but included a list of Japanese demands including no foreign occupation and the ability to keep some wartime conquests. If Japan had already signaled its intent to surrender, the 41 kiloton "mokusatsu" mistake might not have ever happened.

I was probably out over my skies with the "hatred & revenge" comment. My opinion in that regard has been highly influenced by one of my aunts who hated the Japanese to her dying day for Peal Harbor.
You were "probably out over your skies?" If by that you mean you were trying to represent your opinion as fact and got called out on it, I agree.

I can understand why you are so reluctant to admit Israel is committing genocide; you've convinced yourself the overzealous murdering of every Palestinian with whom it comes into contact by the IDF is neceesary. Kill as many as it takes until you kill all of Hamas!
Dude, for someone who accuses others of binary thinking, this is the literal definition of binary thinking.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Uh, Dan, you do know that Dresden housed a railway center that was vital to the Germans ability to possibly stop the Soviet Union, right? It was also a significant crossroads for military transportation. Maps of wartime Dresden are available via Google.

Where are you getting that Japan had already told the US it was prepared to surrender? Japan had been communicating with Russia to help with a peace agreement that would end hostilities but included a list of Japanese demands including no foreign occupation and the ability to keep some wartime conquests. If Japan had already signaled its intent to surrender, the 41 kiloton "mokusatsu" mistake might not have ever happened.

You were "probably out over your skies?" If by that you mean you were trying to represent your opinion as fact and got called out on it, I agree.

Dude, for someone who accuses others of binary thinking, this is the literal definition of binary thinking.
That was so long ago.

Right. The city of Dresden needed to be firebombed, almost totally destroyed and tens of thousands of civilians needed to be incinerated because it had a railroad station. Makes perfect military sense.

Right. The city of Dresden needed to be firebombed, almost totally destroyed and tens of thousands of civilians needed to be incinerated because it had a railroad station. Makes perfect military sense.
As well as the terrorist state of Palestine. This ain't hard Dan.

Considerably more than half the world. BRICS is an attempt to usurp the dollar as the world currence, and it has momentum. There are several other things on the menu, I don't have time to post about them right now. You don't know about any of it because you immerse yourelf in nothing but NeoCon propaganda. I keep posting things the rest of the world is trying to tell us - shouting at the top of their collective voices, actually - but you don't want to hear about it or think about it, you just want to think none of it is important because we'll just blow them up if they get on our bad side.

Funny.

The dipshit that put a lot of the crap you link now in front of you is a Neo con shill because I’m not on the dick you’re riding.

How blue haired of you.

You should really look up circular logic.

Maybe if you knew what it was you wouldn’t do it continually.

Funny.

The dipshit that put a lot of the crap you link now in front of you is a Neo con shill because I’m not on the dick you’re riding.

How blue haired of you.

Dan's eating spiked hummus.

Huh? I didn't say "it needed to be firebombed." Not even close. I simply stated a historical fact, Dan. The people responsible for deciding to firebomb Dresden haven't kept their reasoning a secret. You can literally Google it.

And please don't tell me you don't understand the strategic importance of rail transport during WW2. Surely you do. Then again, I might be wrongly assuming you have any factual knowledge of WW2.

Funny.

How blue haired of you.

That’s fine. I think you should live in the bubble where you feel safe. The less you know about what most of the world thinks about us and the greater your comfort with American hubris and arrogance the more secure you can feel. Good for you! I hope you have a long and happy life as you wallow in your ignorance. I don’t want to be around (and at my age I probably won’t be) when reality smacks you upside the head and you realize the rest of the world has tired of our schtick and let’s us know it’s mad as hell and it’s not gonna take it anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: EZ Reyes
That’s fine. I think you should live in the bubble where you feel safe. The less you know about what most of the world thinks about us and the greater your comfort with American hubris and arrogance the more secure you can feel. Good for you! I hope you have a long and happy life as you wallow in your ignorance. I don’t want to be around (and at my age I probably won’t be) when reality smacks you upside the head and you realize the rest of the world has tired of our schtick and let’s us know it’s mad as hell and it’s not gonna take it anymore.
Yer hookahs hot tonight Dan.

• Love
Reactions: EZ Reyes

Wow.

Manic ranting.

I’ve seen that from some other folks on the propaganda tit.

The pieces keep clicking together Dan.

Huh? I didn't say "it needed to be firebombed." Not even close. I simply stated a historical fact, Dan. The people responsible for deciding to firebomb Dresden haven't kept their reasoning a secret. You can literally Google it.

And please don't tell me you don't understand the strategic importance of rail transport during WW2. Surely you do. Then again, I might be wrongly assuming you have any factual knowledge of WW2.
The historical fact, Medic, is the US finally did what Winston Churchill was insisting upon: instigate a terror bombing campaign. Imagine that, the US became terrorists. The historical fact is the entire city did not need to be decimated. If the railway station was so important (it probably was't, the railway station just proved to be an easy excuse to spin the terror campaign) all that needed to be destroyed were the station and some of the tracks. But, no, we decided to firebomb the city and burn to death tens of thousands of people who were neither personally involved in the war or the train station and destroy one of the most architecturally and cuturally beautiful cities in Europe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT