ADVERTISEMENT

11,500 And Counting

The historical fact, Medic, is the US finally did what Winston Churchill was insisting upon: instigate a terror bombing campaign. Imagine that, the US became terrorists. The historical fact is the entire city did not need to be decimated. If the railway station was so important (it probably was't, the railway station just proved to be an easy excuse to spin the terror campaign) all that needed to be destroyed were the station and some of the tracks. But, no, we decided to firebomb the city and burn to death tens of thousands of people who were neither personally involved in the war or the train station and destroy one of the most architecturally and cuturally beautiful cities in Europe.
You do realize facts are actually available to you, right? From literally the first search result on Google from history.com:

"Since Dresden served as a major center for [COLOR=var(--c-link-content)]Nazi Germany[/COLOR]’s rail and road network, its destruction was intended to overwhelm German authorities and services—and to clog all transportation routes with throngs of refugees."
ALSO...

"In an effort to force a surrender, the Dresden bombing was intended to terrorize the civilian population locally and nationwide. It certainly had that effect."

At this point, it looks like you're arguing with yourself. Is this another one of your aunt's opinions you're confusing with a fact?

Notice Dan hasn't mentioned Germany intentionally bombing civilians in Britain, nothing about the 6725 V1 rockets (buzz bombs) or the three thousand V-2 rockets that reeked havoc, death and terror on British civilians.

Reactions: EZ Reyes
You do realize facts are actually available to you, right? From literally the first search result on Google from history.com:

"Since Dresden served as a major center for [COLOR=var(--c-link-content)]Nazi Germany[/COLOR]’s rail and road network, its destruction was intended to overwhelm German authorities and services—and to clog all transportation routes with throngs of refugees."
ALSO...

"In an effort to force a surrender, the Dresden bombing was intended to terrorize the civilian population locally and nationwide. It certainly had that effect."

At this point, it looks like you're arguing with yourself. Is this another one of your aunt's opinions you're confusing with a fact?
Exactly what I said: the bombing was intended to terrorize German civilians, exactly what Churchill was insisting on. America became terrorists.

• Haha
Notice Dan hasn't mentioned Germany intentionally bombing civilians in Britain, nothing about the 6725 V1 rockets (buzz bombs) or the three thousand V-2 rockets that reeked havoc, death and terror on British civilians.
Good lord you bounce all over the place. It must be really important for you to find a "gothca" that will stick. Keep looking! This isn't it.

• Haha
Good lord you bounce all over the place. It must be really important for you to find a "gothca" that will stick. Keep looking! This isn't it.
No gotcha at all. Germany was bombing the hell out of British civilians trying to force Britain to surrender. It's only fair and just for the Allies to do the same. Just because the Allies had better success is not a reason to ignore Germany's actions.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
No gotcha at all. Germany was bombing the hell out of British civilians trying to force Britain to surrender. It's only fair and just for the Allies to do the same. Just because the Allies had better success is not a reason to ignore Germany's actions.
You brought it up out of left field. I didn’t bring up Dresden, your tag team partner, Medic, did. Neither of us were discussing any subject but Dresden then you pop up with “noticing” I didn’t mention Germany’s bombing. Well, duh! That had nothing to do with anything we were talking about, but you thought you’d hit on a gotcha when in fact it just made you look silly.

• Haha
You brought it up out of left field. I didn’t bring up Dresden, your tag team partner, Medic, did. Neither of us were discussing any subject but Dresden then you pop up with “noticing” I didn’t mention Germany’s bombing. Well, duh! That had nothing to do with anything we were talking about, but you thought you’d hit on a gotcha when in fact it just made you look silly.
I didn't bring it up the topic, I merely adding an observation on the discussion you were having on Dresden. The reason it was relevant, it's the same thing you are doing with the Israel conflict. You seem to hold the stronger to a higher standard than you do the weaker power.

I didn't bring it up the topic, I merely adding an observation on the discussion you were having on Dresden. The reason it was relevant, it's the same thing you are doing with the Israel conflict. You seem to hold the stronger to a higher standard than you do the weaker power.
You should stop digging your hole. It just makes you look sillier than before. Your comment added nothing to the topic no matter how badly you want to pretend it did.

Exactly what I said: the bombing was intended to terrorize German civilians, exactly what Churchill was insisting on. America became terrorists.
Yeah, and I agreed with you. I posted "we definitely went overboard." Too bad the Allies couldn't predict the future.

Yes, and hostilities would cease today if Israel surrendered and gave up their thousands of political prisoners and decided to live in peace.
Only two questions are needed to answer that

1. Who initiated the war with the other side already happy to live in peace?

2. Who funded the initial attack? Was it players in the region who’ve publicly (multiple times) said they want the end of Israel and death to 100% of Jews?

And a question for you?

3. If the entire Arab/muslim world cared about the Palestinians in the slightest, how come THEY are silent and walling off their territories from Palestinians? How come THEY want nothing to do with peace talks. How come THEY are staying silent hoping Iran does the dirty work?
A: they love their economic position with the west and they don’t give 2 shits about the Palestinians.

Only two questions are needed to answer that

1. Who initiated the war with the other side already happy to live in peace?

2. Who funded the initial attack? Was it players in the region who’ve publicly (multiple times) said they want the end of Israel and death to 100% of Jews?

And a question for you?

3. If the entire Arab/muslim world cared about the Palestinians in the slightest, how come THEY are silent and walling off their territories from Palestinians? How come THEY want nothing to do with peace talks. How come THEY are staying silent hoping Iran does the dirty work?
A: they love their economic position with the west and they don’t give 2 shits about the Palestinians.

Israel was shelling Gaza last summer before October 7th. To act like the other side was happily living in peace is total bullsh!t.

carry on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT