ADVERTISEMENT

Am I A Human Shield?

Dan, it's difficult to twist your words when I'm posting your own words. I used the quote function and modified nothing.
And the words of mine that you posted said NOTHING about the violence being Israel's fault. You came to that conclusion on your own.

• Sad
Reactions: okcpokefan12
And the words of mine that you posted said NOTHING about the violence being Israel's fault. You came to that conclusion on your own.
I think a credible argument could be made that Hamas does not necessarily use civilian infrastructure as a shield, but rather it's the only place from which they can operate.

What is preposterous is the Israeli notion (which is bantered about by every propagandized and manipulated non-thinking person) that by systematically bombing and murdering in genocidal fashion a people it had already driven into an open air prison Israel will bring an end to the carnage and hatred it engenders.

The argument I’m trying to make (with no success) is it would be better if conditions in Gaza were not so horrible some of the crazy Palestinians would not feel the need to launch rockets.

But it does seem to me that you disregard the horrid conditions Israel has forced the Palestinians into.

But the conditions under which the Palestinians are forced by Israel to survive will simply give rise to another organization like it, maybe even more disgustingly terroristic than Hamas.

By the same token I condemn the conditions the Israeli government has foisted on the Palestinian people and beg it to change tactics or the murder and mayhem will never end.

What I have said, or at least tried to say, is Israel is the big gorilla in the equation, it has all the leverage (all of it, not most of it), and if the Israeli government would change its tactic in how it treats the people in Gaza over time things might begin to change.

IMO it would be much easier for Israel to be the first to break the cycle.
Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck...

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck...
Not one word in there assigns Israel the blame for the violence. As I "Dansplained" to you the notion is Israel has an easier path to promoting peace in Palestine than Hamas. That does not mean Israel alone is at fault for the violence. You're hearing what you want to hear in your desire to win an argument.

Not one word in there assigns Israel the blame for the violence. As I "Dansplained" to you the notion is Israel has an easier path to promoting peace in Palestine than Hamas. That does not mean Israel alone is at fault for the violence. You're hearing what you want to hear in your desire to win an argument.
lol, ok, Dan. How exactly does Israel have an easier path to promoting peace in "Palestine" than the terrorists who "run" it? Just accept what Hamas throws at them because they're militarily superior? Do you actually think Hamas would stop their aggression if Israel suspended theirs?

For the record, I think people killing each other over beliefs in fictional characters is and has always been stupid.

Who the f*ck is breathing life into this beaten horse? Fer gawds sake, put a sock in it. The bastard is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD, DEAD, DEAD.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: iasooner2000
lol, ok, Dan. How exactly does Israel have an easier path to promoting peace in "Palestine" than the terrorists who "run" it? Just accept what Hamas throws at them because they're militarily superior? Do you actually think Hamas would stop their aggression if Israel suspended theirs?

For the record, I think people killing each other over beliefs in fictional characters is and has always been stupid.
In the first place Hamas has little more control over Palestine than you do. Israel has locked the people in a giant prison, blockaded them from the sea and fenced them in from the land. It controls how much food, water, electricity, etc. the Palestinians may have. It even decides whether they can have any of those things at all. It has decided how many calories they can have each day, just enough to keep them alive but malnourished. It denies them the same political rights it gives itself. It considers them to be subhuman and treats them like vermin. It has detained and locked up thousands of them, including children, kept them behind bars without charges or trial, affording them no opportunity to clear their name. It is creating the conditions that cause unrelenting hatred toward them and then reacts with astonished disbelief when they rebel, and paint themselves as the victims. In “war-like” conditions it retains the advantage in every category: superior intelligence, technology, infrastructure, weaponry, numbers, backup allies, you name it and they have overwhelming advantage. They have all the leverage, all of it, and they keep their knee on the Palestinian necks Minnesota-style. Who would not lash out in fury if they had to live that way? So maybe, just maybe if they were treated like human beings worthy of respect organizations like Hamas would not have a ready-made pipeline to inflict terror. Hell, by all accounts there are somewhere between 10,000 and 50,000 members of Hamas anyway, and less tgan half of them are “soldiers.” The other 2 million Palestinian are like a ping pong ball being batted back and forth with Israel battering them with hard forehand slams and Hamas lobbing them like defensive airballs. Israel does not have some of the advantage, not most of the advantage, but ALL the advantage. But they’re utilizing their advantage to perpetuate non-stop mayhem.

Sadly the pro-Palestinian crowd is as indoctrinated as the terrorist.
There are two “crowds,” a pro-Palestinian crowd and a pro-Hamas crowd. The pro-Palestinian crowd looks with dismay at the conditions the Palestinian people are forced to live under and calls for things to change where they can be free. The pro-Hamas crowd is as morally corrupt as the organization they support.

• Haha
In the first place Hamas has little more control over Palestine than you do. Israel has locked the people in a giant prison, blockaded them from the sea and fenced them in from the land. It controls how much food, water, electricity, etc. the Palestinians may have. It even decides whether they can have any of those things at all. It has decided how many calories they can have each day, just enough to keep them alive but malnourished. It denies them the same political rights it gives itself. It considers them to be subhuman and treats them like vermin. It has detained and locked up thousands of them, including children, kept them behind bars without charges or trial, affording them no opportunity to clear their name. It is creating the conditions that cause unrelenting hatred toward them and then reacts with astonished disbelief when they rebel, and paint themselves as the victims. In “war-like” conditions it retains the advantage in every category: superior intelligence, technology, infrastructure, weaponry, numbers, backup allies, you name it and they have overwhelming advantage. They have all the leverage, all of it, and they keep their knee on the Palestinian necks Minnesota-style. Who would not lash out in fury if they had to live that way? So maybe, just maybe if they were treated like human beings worthy of respect organizations like Hamas would not have a ready-made pipeline to inflict terror. Hell, by all accounts there are somewhere between 10,000 and 50,000 members of Hamas anyway, and less tgan half of them are “soldiers.” The other 2 million Palestinian are like a ping pong ball being batted back and forth with Israel battering them with hard forehand slams and Hamas lobbing them like defensive airballs. Israel does not have some of the advantage, not most of the advantage, but ALL the advantage. But they’re utilizing their advantage to perpetuate non-stop mayhem.
How is it a intelligent person like yourself falls so easily for the Palestinian propaganda. You are not ignorant to the history but for some reason you ignore the violent history of the Palestinians and the actions against them from other Arab nations.
Why did Jordan fight a civil war, known as Black September, kicking the PLO out of Jordan. What happened to Lebanon after the PLO fled there? Lebanon was once known as the Paris of the Middle East but once the PLO entered it turned into another radical Muslim shit hole. Come on Dan you are smarter than this.

From 2014 to 2020 the UN alone sent 4.5 billion dollars in humanitarian aide to the Palestinians 600 million alone in 2020. What did Hamas spend that money on? Building tunnels and stockpiling weapons to attack Israel. SMFH. Is it any wonder that Israel tries to control what comes into Gaza when the Palestinians are building up military hardware to kill the Jewish people? Bottom line the Palestinians are the ones who refuse to live in peace and people like you refuse to see it.

Why are there sanctions and blockades?

Not one word in there assigns Israel the blame for the violence.
lol
It is creating the conditions that cause unrelenting hatred toward them and then reacts with astonished disbelief when they rebel, and paint themselves as the victims.
Who would not lash out in fury if they had to live that way? So maybe, just maybe if they were treated like human beings worthy of respect organizations like Hamas would not have a ready-made pipeline to inflict terror.
But they’re utilizing their advantage to perpetuate non-stop mayhem.

How is it a intelligent person like yourself falls so easily for the Palestinian propaganda. You are not ignorant to the history but for some reason you ignore the violent history of the Palestinians and the actions against them from other Arab nations.
Why did Jordan fight a civil war, known as Black September, kicking the PLO out of Jordan. What happened to Lebanon after the PLO fled there? Lebanon was once known as the Paris of the Middle East but once the PLO entered it turned into another radical Muslim shit hole. Come on Dan you are smarter than this.

From 2014 to 2020 the UN alone sent 4.5 billion dollars in humanitarian aide to the Palestinians 600 million alone in 2020. What did Hamas spend that money on? Building tunnels and stockpiling weapons to attack Israel. SMFH. Is it any wonder that Israel tries to control what comes into Gaza when the Palestinians are building up military hardware to kill the Jewish people? Bottom line the Palestinians are the ones who refuse to live in peace and people like you refuse to see it.
Your utter intentional inability to make the distinction between the Palestinian people in Gaza, about half of whom are children, and the terrorist organization, Hamas, makes it impossible to have a cogent conversation with you.

Once again you twist words to hear what you want to hear.
Sorry, Dan, but these are your own words...
It is creating the conditions that cause unrelenting hatred toward them and then reacts with astonished disbelief when they rebel, and paint themselves as the victims.
You even described what Hamas does as "rebel" and that Israel paints itself as the victim. But no, you definitely aren't blaming Israel, lol.

In no small part for the same reason the US has blockades and sanctions: to maintain hegemony and because they can.

Uh huh..

Break that into a percentage for me.

How much is what you put forward and how much is the Israel/Arab war and the continuous terrorist attacks since?

Sorry, Dan, but these are your own words...

You even described what Hamas does as "rebel" and that Israel paints itself as the victim. But no, you definitely aren't blaming Israel, lol.
My own words that you pretend say things they don’t say. You asked me to explain what Israel could do to stop the terror attacks. Explaining what it could do requires discussing what are the conditions that cause the terror attacks in the first place, but under no circumstance do my words justify the attacks or place all blame on Israel. They were an attempt to show what Israel could do differently on its end in order to bring peace to the region. God knows what they’re doing now is not working. The violence is carried out by both parties, and both parties deserve blame for its continuance, both parties are butchering and maiming innocent people in a fruitless task to destroy their enemy. What Hamas did a month ago is indescribably horrific. What Israel is doing in response is also indescribably horrific.

• Haha
Uh huh..

Break that into a percentage for me.

How much is what you put forward and how much is the Israel/Arab war and the continuous terrorist attacks since?
I don’t know a percentage. Perhaps you can tell me what percentage of American-supplied fighter jets, bombers, artillery etc. is being prevented from entering Israel? What occurred in October was the most heinous terror attack in Israel in decades. Yet it is now being represented as a common occurrence the Israelis must live through on a daily basis, and therefore Israel is justified in bombing all of Gaza into oblivion. As we speak the Palestinian people are being systematically destroyed by a relentless non-stop bombing campaign and invasion, while less than 40 miles away Israeli citizens are sunning themselves on the beach and going to nightclubs in the evening. I would suggest the Palestinians suffer just as much from continuous Israeli terrorist attacks as does Israel from Gaza. And it will never end as long as revenge is the motivating factor for both sides.

• Haha
My own words that you pretend say things they don’t say. You asked me to explain what Israel could do to stop the terror attacks. Explaining what it could do requires discussing what are the conditions that cause the terror attacks in the first place, but under no circumstance do my words justify the attacks or place all blame on Israel. They were an attempt to show what Israel could do differently on its end in order to bring peace to the region. God knows what they’re doing now is not working. The violence is carried out by both parties, and both parties deserve blame for its continuance, both parties ar

How do you think the Arab world would react if Israel capitulated and adopted your stance?

I don’t know a percentage. Perhaps you can tell me what percentage of American-supplied fighter jets, bombers, artillery etc. is being prevented from entering Israel? What occurred in October was the most heinous terror attack in Israel in decades. Yet it is now being represented as a common occurrence the Israelis must live through on a daily basis, and therefore Israel is justified in bombing all of Gaza into oblivion. As we speak the Palestinian people are being systematically destroyed by a relentless non-stop bombing campaign and invasion, while less than 40 miles away Israeli citizens are sunning themselves on the beach and going to nightclubs in the evening. I would suggest the Palestinians suffer just as much from continuous Israeli terrorist attacks as does Israel from Gaza. And it will never end as long as revenge is the motivating factor for both sides.

Funny.

You just whitewashed ~75 years of constant threats and terrorist attacks.

Thats the only way your argument works though.

If you acknowledge the history of the conflict your arguments don’t have any legs.

Funny.

You just whitewashed ~75 years of constant threats and terrorist attacks.

Thats the only way your argument works though.

If you acknowledge the history of the conflict your arguments don’t have any legs.
75 years of constant threats and terrorist attacks followed by 75 years of reprisals and counter-terrorist attacks that are ten times worse than the original, and where has that gotten anybody? How much slaughter will it take before somebody decides to try something different? The Hamas attack butchered 1300-1400 innocent Israelis. So far the Palestinian death count exceeds 11,000, including around 4,500 children. When will your revenge factor be fulfilled?

• Haha
I jumped from page 1 to 5 for obvious reasons. The logic behind human shields solely relies on who the aggressor is. If the USA is the aggressor, we wouldn’t bomb an area with human shields. If any of our enemies bombed the US, they wouldn’t care. So, the government isn’t using citizens this purpose. As far as Israel goes, people were warned to leave.

Your utter intentional inability to make the distinction between the Palestinian people in Gaza, about half of whom are children, and the terrorist organization, Hamas, makes it impossible to have a cogent conversation with you.
Where is the evidence the Palestinians do not support Hamas? They voted the radicals into power, they celebrate the rape murder and torture of Jews and they do not stand up in any opposition to Hamas. You will now say that the Palestinians in opposition to Hamas can not stand up to them for fear of retribution from Hamas but if that were the case you would see the Israelis as the good guys trying to free the Palestinians from the oppressions of Hamas. You ever wonder why you don't see it that way?

Where is the evidence the Palestinians do not support Hamas? They voted the radicals into power, they celebrate the rape murder and torture of Jews and they do not stand up in any opposition to Hamas. You will now say that the Palestinians in opposition to Hamas can not stand up to them for fear of retribution from Hamas but if that were the case you would see the Israelis as the good guys trying to free the Palestinians from the oppressions of Hamas. You ever wonder why you don't see it that way?
And the celebrations outside their mosques, here in the US, on 9-11 says a lot, too.

They voted Hamas into power - what? -14 years ago with less than 50% of the vote and with the full support of none other than Bibi Netanyahu, and have voted against Hamas in every election since. Hamas has been armed by Iran. The rest of the people are unarmed. I do not see Israel as good guys, and am astonished that anybody else does, when it regards the abysmal and humiliating conditions they force the Palestinian to live through. The oppression you speak of is Israeli oppression far worse than Hamas. You have been shown what the Israeli government does to them yet you refuse to acknowledge it with full conviction that one side represents pure evil and the other side is completely sin free.

How do you think the Arab world would react if Israel capitulated and adopted your stance?
I have no idea. I suspect it might take a wait and see attitude. A less oppressive Israeli governmebt would not make it any less dangerous.

Let me add: you will recall, I hope, that Israel was on the precipice of an historic trade/peace deal with Saudi Arabia when Iran pilled the trigger and told Hamas to attack, thus cancelling the deal before it got off the ground.

Last edited:
They voted Hamas into power - what? -14 years ago with less than 50% of the vote and with the full support of none other than Bibi Netanyahu, and have voted against Hamas in every election since. Hamas has been armed by Iran. The rest of the people are unarmed. I do not see Israel as good guys, and am astonished that anybody else does, when it regards the abysmal and humiliating conditions they force the Palestinian to live through. The oppression you speak of is Israeli oppression far worse than Hamas. You have been shown what the Israeli government does to them yet you refuse to acknowledge it with full conviction that one side represents pure evil and the other side is completely sin free.

Still waiting on evidence to support your belief the Palestinians want peace with Israel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT