ADVERTISEMENT

Am I A Human Shield?

Nice dodge, Dan, and yes, you're in the minority about that. Japan surrendered and the war with them ended as you can easily recall. Maybe the terribly outclassed (by your assessment) terrorist organization Hamas should do the same.
I don't think Hamas will ever surrender. It may be defeated and cease to exist. But the conditions under which the Palestinians are forced by Israel to survive will simply give rise to another organization like it, maybe even more disgustingly terroristic than Hamas. And I didn't dodge anything. You're trying too hard to win an argument, I'm trying to have a conversation.

• Sad
Reactions: okcpokefan12
His point is that the numbers are conflated. The hospital destruction was a Hamas rocket blamed on the Israel. It's war Dan not just a physical war but also the hearts and minds. Yes it goes both ways.
Correct me if I'm wrong (I easily could be) but I don't think the organization that provides the numbers of dead and injured Palestinians is the same organization that made the original claim about the hospital.

• Haha
Please be so kind as to point out something I have said that indicates I hate Jews.
Your refusal to admit the Palestinians are the aggressors here. You continue blame Israel for their treatment of the Palestinians without ever considering there is a very good reason Israel doesn't trust the Palestinians.
The Palestinians are not accepted by anyone in the Middle East, why is that?

• Love
Please be so kind as to point out something I have said that indicates I hate Jews.
You are a pretty dumb, mailable person. But not so dumb as to come right out and say it. So you give false moral equivalencies and scenarios that would tie the hands of Israel all the while using dog whistle phrases. You say it. You just phrase it in a why that gives you deniability. Which is cowardly.

Your refusal to admit the Palestinians are the aggressors here. You continue blame Israel for their treatment of the Palestinians without ever considering there is a very good reason Israel doesn't trust the Palestinians.
The Palestinians are not accepted by anyone in the Middle East, why is that?
Here's where our miscommunication lies. It seems in your mind Palestinian = Hamas. I say Palestinian = Palestinian and Hamas = Hamas. You seem to think the Israel government = Jew, any criticism of actions perpetratedby the Israeli government = antisemitic hatred of all Jews. I say actions by any government that fences in other people with no chance to escape is wrong no matter which government it is. I do not condone the actions of Hamas, I condemn Hamas with all I've got. By the same token I condemn the conditions the Israeli government has foisted on the Palestinian people and beg it to change tactics or the murder and mayhem will never end.

As for your contention that no one wants to accept the Palestinians into their country. Leave aside the question of why the Palestinains should be removed from their homeland, the fact is no one wanted the Jews after WW2. No country in the West including America wanted to bring them into their country. I'll ask you the same question: why is that?

You are a pretty dumb, mailable person. But not so dumb as to come right out and say it. So you give false moral equivalencies and scenarios that would tie the hands of Israel all the while using dog whistle phrases. You say it. You just phrase it in a why that gives you deniability. Which is cowardly.
There are a lot of things that can be said about me, but cowardly is not one of them. You want to reduce me to a stereotype so you won't have to engage, you much prefer to sling accusations. That strikes me as cowardly on your part.

Here's where our miscommunication lies. It seems in your mind Palestinian = Hamas. I say Palestinian = Palestinian and Hamas = Hamas. You seem to think the Israel government = Jew, any criticism of actions perpetratedby the Israeli government = antisemitic hatred of all Jews. I say actions by any government that fences in other people with no chance to escape is wrong no matter which government it is. I do not condone the actions of Hamas, I condemn Hamas with all I've got. By the same token I condemn the conditions the Israeli government has foisted on the Palestinian people and beg it to change tactics or the murder and mayhem will never end.

As for your contention that no one wants to accept the Palestinians into their country. Leave aside the question of why the Palestinains should be removed from their homeland, the fact is no one wanted the Jews after WW2. No country in the West including America wanted to bring them into their country. I'll ask you the same question: why is that?
You do understand that Hamas is in charge of Gaza, and the Palestinians who live there, voted them in?

There is the problem, you think the Palestinians do not fully support Hamas despite all evidence to the contrary. Wake up, the Palestinians and to be fair many Muslims fully support killing every Jew on planet earth and would if they could. All you have to do is listen to what they say and watch their actions for any confirmation you need.

Why did no country want the Jewish people after WWII? I would think guilt had a lot to do with it along with well known anti-Semitism, even here in the US. Hell look around, anti-Semitism is still alive and well here in the US.

That's not what I said and you know it. I will say, however, if you think the deplorable way that Israel treats the Palestinians has no effect on why an organization like Hamas exists you are not as smart as I thought you are.
It's not? I quoted your post, Dan. I'll post it again and maybe you can Dansplain what it actually means for me.
The argument I’m trying to make (with no success) is it would be better if conditions in Gaza were not so horrible some of the crazy Palestinians would not feel the need to launch rockets. Israel is the one with all the leverage. As hard as it would be they may discover in the long run it may be wise to follow Jesus’ advice and turn the other cheek while loving the enemy as if it is a friend.

Dan
You do understand that Hamas is in charge of Gaza, and the Palestinians who live there, voted them in?
And on Oct 7th the day the raid the music festival and took hostages. They took a German/Israeli girl. The beat and raped her and paraded her through the streets with normal Palestinians beating and spitting on her dead body.
Do all Palestinians = Hamas? No
Are there Hamas among the Palestinians = yes

There is the problem, you think the Palestinians do not fully support Hamas despite all evidence to the contrary. Wake up, the Palestinians and to be fair many Muslims fully support killing every Jew on planet earth and would if they could.
This is purely fabricated blood libel.

• Haha
17 years ago, with less than 50% of the vote.
If all Hamas supporters deserve to die lets start with Netanyahu

It's not? I quoted your post, Dan. I'll post it again and maybe you can Dansplain what it actually means for me.
At no point in anything I have said have I claimed the death and destruction is all Israel's fault. You know it, you just don't want to admit it because it makes your accusation false. What I have said, or at least tried to say, is Israel is the big gorilla in the equation, it has all the leverage (all of it, not most of it), and if the Israeli government would change its tactic in how it treats the people in Gaza over time things might begin to change. Bloodshed begets more bloodshed, hatred begets more hatred. Until one side or the other breaks the cycle it will continue forever. IMO it would be much easier for Israel to be the first to break the cycle. Does that "Dansplain" it to your satisfaction?

• Sad
This is purely fabricated blood libel.
Is it? You have any evidence to the contrary? I've plenty that support my opinion.

From one of your trusted left wing sites

From one of your trusted and loyal Democrat Politicians

Majority of the Palestinians would vote to keep Hamas in power.

How well has fear of reprisal been working as a defense strategy? Not so good. Maybe its time for a new strategy.
Looks to me like the strategy has changed. Israel is not sitting back and taking it like many of you on the left demand and you are losing your mind over it by supporting evil. It's wasn't the Israelis that were gleefully beheading babies, it was the Palestinians.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT