ADVERTISEMENT

Active shooter now 20 plus injured in Florida school

And his facebook profile has him proudly wearing his red MAGA dunce cap.
What a shocker a Trumpster.

Here's your mass murderer. Nicholas Cruz, a registered Democrat.
28058613_1643930645674410_2846449152853773890_n.jpg

Does that make it ok?
So your happy now that 16 are dead as long as a snowflake did it?
Not surprised the least.
Hopefully the rumor that you are a preacher is false?
You seemed pretty giddy earlier reporting ITT that the suspect sported a Trump hat. Just correcting the record...

In any event, increased investment in school security, increased counseling services to include mental health counseling plus career development counseling would be a great first step. But, in this state, we have public school parents (some 96% of all school age children in Oklahoma) that keep electing people who refuse to fund basic funding for public schools much less enhanced security and counseling.

Today’s parents have to get serious about wanting those things and demanding them through how they vote. Right now, they appear completely ok with corporate welfare taking place instead of the education of their children being funded! How screwed up is that?

One incontrovertible truth is you must pay for the things you want. Apparently Oklahoma’s public school parents don’t want their child’s education funded much less increased security and counseling services either!

Does that make it ok?
So your happy now that 16 are dead as long as a snowflake did it?
Not surprised the least.
Hopefully the rumor that you are a preacher is false?
Seems like you want to fix the blame instead of the problem.

Reactions: poke2001
In any event, increased investment in school security, increased counseling services to include mental health counseling plus career development counseling would be a great first step. But, in this state, we have public school parents (some 96% of all school age children in Oklahoma) that keep electing people who refuse to fund basic funding for public schools much less enhanced security and counseling.

Today’s parents have to get serious about wanting those things and demanding them through how they vote. Right now, they appear completely ok with corporate welfare taking place instead of the education of their children being funded! How screwed up is that?

One incontrovertible truth is you must pay for the things you want. Apparently Oklahoma’s public school parents don’t want their child’s education funded much less increased security and counseling services either!
Agree with most of
How many of you wanting to ban firearms are lining up to ban Doctors and medical workers. Third leading cause of death behind heart disease and cancer was medical errors.
lets not forget cars. We’ve had a handful of mass tragedy events with cars, of course the one in Stillwater.

You seemed pretty giddy earlier reporting ITT that the suspect sported a Trump hat. Just correcting the record...

Exactly. @osuhoops316 made a complete fool of himself which when emotion drives the car instead of logic, that happens. Watch how he just moves on to the next insult without acknowledging his giddyness. So typical.

By the way 17 blacks will be killed by blacks before Monday breakfast. Will cnn cover that? Fox? Msnbc? Networks? Nope but it will be Wall to Wall coverage of this school shooting. twitter verse is on fire. All of us pointing fingers while poor minorities live with this every single day.

Mexico being safe is hilarious as well. Their murder rate is like 9/11 happening every six weeks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/01/22/americas/mexico-murders-2017/index.html

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Breaking national news is ok for the Corral as it's happening. In the event of the all too frequent "active shooter" happening, it will always spin off in a negative direction. Moving to NS board for now. Probably ends up on /pol/ though.

How many of you wanting to ban firearms are lining up to ban Doctors and medical workers. Third leading cause of death behind heart disease and cancer was medical errors.

Late to this lovely thread, so I may be wrong about this, but is this the dumbest post itt, maybe on this board for a bit. Hard to imagine there’s anything dumber, but given the subject...probably. Sure let’s equate docs with guns. Smh.

Dude sounds like an ambulance Med-Mal lawyer.

Here is an issue no repub or dem or news channel will touch. Almost 8000 blacks murdered. Today 17 people. The news coverage difference is telling. Why is that?

https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

Not sure what the fvck you’re watching (I have a clue) but on what I watch, they talk about black on black crime all the time. This event is obviously different for obvious reasons, hopefully, obvious to all. Maybe not.

Which of course begs the question, what do you mean “the news coverage difference is telling”

Reactions: Been Jammin
Not sure what the fvck you’re watching (I have a clue) but on what I watch, they talk about black on black crime all the time. This event is obviously different for obvious reasons, hopefully, obvious to all. Maybe not.

Which of course begs the question, what do you mean “the news coverage difference is telling”

I consume news from all angles so don’t start with the fox stuff. What news outlet covers black on black crime? What do you think the minutes of coverage per death ratio is for whites versus blacks?

I consume news from all angles so don’t start with the fox stuff. What news outlet covers black on black crime? What do you think the minutes of coverage per death ratio is for whites versus blacks?

I consume news from all angles so don’t start with the npr stuff (I realize you didn’t say that, but of course I didn’t mention Fox News either, you went there). As to your question I have absolutely no clue. That is such a goofy question, I’m going to assume you’re into your 4th scotch, or if you’re an experienced drinker-guilty-you’re on your 6th.

Reactions: Been Jammin
while I can see an argument that would suggest otherwise, the Big Macs sole purpose isn’t to kill. I mean there is SOME nutritional value albeit very little. On the other hand, a large magazine weapon has no other purpose than to kill people quickly
1. Which weapons

2. What is the proper number? Should we limit the number of Big Macs people purchase per year too? They kill more people than guns.

3. How much more? Who gets to set the rules?

while I can see an argument that would suggest otherwise, the Big Macs sole purpose isn’t to kill. I mean there is SOME nutritional value albeit very little. On the other hand, a large magazine weapon has no other purpose than to kill people quickly

Disagree. The weapon doesn't select the target and has other purposes than simply to kill.

You could go to the extreme and ban all guns of any kind from all civilians and it won't stop this stuff. If someone wants one bad enough, they'll get it. We need to look at what else has changed in the past 20-30 years to make all of this so much more common. Call me crazy and a lune all you want but the two biggies for me are taking prayer/God out of schools and taking away most of a school's ability to control/punish a student.

We could build a wall to keep illegals out but if someone wants in bad enough, they will find a way.

Reactions: Cowpoke
So you advocate no gun control?

I’m all for common sense on both issues.

More border security but with an easier path to legal entry and citizenship.

Own all the guns you want but bullets cost an arm and a leg unless you’re at a range.

Reactions: janroc
I’m all for common sense on both issues.

More border security but with an easier path to legal entry and citizenship.

Own all the guns you want but bullets cost an arm and a leg unless you’re at a range.
What bullets?

Precisely what other purpose does an AR-15 with a large magazine have?
To shoot 'things'. You can shoot targets, deer, hogs, whatever. It wasn't designed solely and specifically to only, in your words, kill people quickly.

Maybe you should have to at least be 21 before you can buy an AR-15? What is so crazy and insane about that? If we, as a society, don't think you are mature enough to handle beer until that age maybe we should do the same for AR-15s.

At the very least we shouldn't be rolling back rules that help prohibit people with mental issues owning guns like we are.

One good thing about the public being armed well is the fact it keeps our military from becoming an oppressive force on its people. Do not think that can ever happen? Look at how the IRS, DOJ, State Department, FISA Courts, etc.... have been militarized against civilians and tampered with elections.

Given the extreme direction of this country within both parties, anyone that thinks we should never be afraid of what our military might become is naïve, we have the strongest military in the world. We are a relatively young country, one day the people may need to protect itself from a military set loose on its people or take back our government if it completely destroys the constitution.

Today we are closer to a civil war then we have been in a long time, not saying we are close but we are closer. We have our own government employees trying to hijack elections.

It would not surprise me one day that this country will need to fight another civil war, we have Americans today that are cheerleading for the North Korean dictator over our own President. More and more lawmakers are ignoring our laws. We are going full retard as a country.

We are becoming a nation of no laws or selective law enforcement, and none of this addresses the problem that our homes, parents, schools, and churches now raise teenage killers.

How do you plan to remove firearms from people with 'mental issues'? You can't remove someone's rights with out due process. Meaning, a judge ordering it (outside of the 24 or 48 hour psych hold).

Are you prepared to run everyone on any med through an court evaluation?

How do you plan to remove firearms from people with 'mental issues'? You can't remove someone's rights with out due process. Meaning, a judge ordering it (outside of the 24 or 48 hour psych hold).

As I said, earlier in the thread, we as a society have decided you are 100% right. The rights of people to own ARs no matter the circumstance cannot be tread upon. If the end result is kids massacred in a school once every couple of months then so be it. We've decided as American that is the price we are willing to pay.

Nothing is going to change because of this. Funding for mental health treatment is still going to be slashed at every level. 17 and 18 year olds will still be able to buy ARs. We will be back here in a couple of months after the next massacre having the same arguments. All we can do is pray it doesn't happen to our loved ones next time. You guys won.

Last edited:

A mentally unstable individual, who wants to be a mass shooter, will find a way to inflict mass casualties. The only way to reduce the frequency of episodes like this would be to make it more difficult for those individuals to get their hands on weapons that can help them achieve their ends.

They can't get a nuclear bomb, a tank, or a rocket launcher, but they can get a semi-automatic weapon. If they can't get a semi-automatic weapon, they will use a rifle, shotgun or handgun. If they can't get those things, they will use a knife.

I'm sure it is fun to take a semi-automatic weapon to a range and blow the shit out of a target, but why should that be part of an American citizen's rights? You don't have the right to own a bazooka, but I bet it would be a lot of fun to take one to the junk yard and blow up old cars.

If I apply and get the right background checks, I believe I can own and operate a grenade launcher. Same with fully automatic, even a tank, minigun, and others. It is just more difficult since you have to have a more extensive background check. However, I bet most of the mass shootings that have happend could have passed those checks.

Again, you can't remove someone's rights with out due process. Period. Anything you suggest that violates that principle is a non-starter.

In Florida it is perfectly legal for an 18 year old to buy an AR 15 without a background check.

Don't say nothing can be done. Don't tell me closing that loophole would infringe on our rights as 'Mericans. It is not true.

To shoot 'things'. You can shoot targets, deer, hogs, whatever. It wasn't designed solely and specifically to only, in your words, kill people quickly.

So it’s primary purpose is to shoot. To inflict harm on something.

Someone could make the choice to kill me with a spoon potentially but that’s not it’s primary purpose.

Someone could make the choice to hit me with a car but it’s not the car’s primary purpose.

You can shoot hogs and deer with single shot rifles. No need for semi automatic or large magazines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT